Moviebob: BP CLASSIC DRAGONBALL

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Moviebob: BP CLASSIC DRAGONBALL

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:56 pm

Movie Reviewer, talks a bit of the history of Dragonball Movies, and goes in depth on the korean bootleg Fight Son Goku Win Son Goku

https://youtu.be/YVrKL-V9wkQ

coola
I Live Here

Re: Moviebob: BP CLASSIC DRAGONBALL

Post by coola » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:58 am

Terrible person, he view himself as alpha and omega, while in reality, he is just a far-left creep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m62Tkjn5Sfc
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:30 pm

coola wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:58 am Terrible person, he view himself as alpha and omega, while in reality, he is just a far-left creep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m62Tkjn5Sfc
I wouldn’t say far-left, if anything sums up Bob it’s that he’s an old gen X neoliberal who can’t admit the culture has moved away from him. He’s also got a weird conquer me daddy obsession with China.

That said, personal politics aside his actual content is pretty interesting. I usually don’t mind watching them.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:11 am

Was not expecting comments not involving the movie review here but, whatever... *sweat drop*

Aspiring-Creator

Post by Aspiring-Creator » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:12 pm

It's a very interesting video though one thing I will always find funny about videos like this is that whenever someone refers to how it took until Z for the franchise to truly grow immensely popular (Which really is mainly referring to how it was for American pop culture.), you can always expect to see one person going "Um actually, here in Latin America we all loved the original Dragon Ball so you're wrong, it didn't take until Z for the franchise to see mainstream success.".

KingVegetto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KingVegetto » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:31 pm

coola wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:58 am Terrible person, he view himself as alpha and omega, while in reality, he is just a far-left creep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m62Tkjn5Sfc
Um no he isn't, don't believe those lies those alt-right chuds tell about him being into eugenics or whatever. When he made that tweet ages ago that those nazis love to bring up, he was only saying that out of frustration over being stuck in traffic, he didn't actually mean it.

Frankly i'm sick of people mischaracterizing him over a few out of context moments shared by bad-faith actors on social media.

So no he isn't a terrible person at all, but many of the people attacking sure as hell are.
Last edited by KingVegetto on Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingVegetto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KingVegetto » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:34 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:30 pm
I wouldn’t say far-left, if anything sums up Bob it’s that he’s an old gen X neoliberal who can’t admit the culture has moved away from him. He’s also got a weird conquer me daddy obsession with China.

That said, personal politics aside his actual content is pretty interesting. I usually don’t mind watching them.
As someone who actually does follow Bob on social media I find this comment hilarious considering Bob frequently disparages other Gen-X people for their own regressive views on the culture. If anything he's evolved with the culture and all the people attacking him with those out of context screenshots and memes are the ones that can't admit the culture has moved past them cause they are still being pissbabies about Bob speaking out against Gamergate back in the day.

No he does not have a weird obsession with China, he just happens to do his research and knows a lot more about them then many people who criticize them to the point of going into outright xenophobic territory(for example this notion that you have to censor LGBTQ scenes for a film release in China isn't actually true at all, censors over there are willing to let certain things slide, there's no real hard and fast rules about what can and cannot be in a film over there).

Dude is anything but "neoliberal"(seriously that irritating term has been overrused so much it's practically lost all meaning) :lol: