DBZ Kai Project Help

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mysticus

DBZ Kai Project Help

Post by Mysticus » Wed May 18, 2022 9:46 pm

Hello, I have been a DBZ fan for a very long time. My earliest memory was owning the VHS and old DVDs of the episodes. I never was a huge fan of Kai but I did like some of the voice acting, expect for a few certain others (cough Teen Gohan and Bulma)

A few years ago Super Satan God made a Bruce Falconer soundtrack project for all of Kai and one thing I noticed was that he used a few Z lines for it, I was hoping there's a tutorial on how to isolate vocals from Z as I want to bring back a few old voices from that into Kai such as Gohan, Bulma, Android 18, Frieza(?) and even the deep voice version of Super Buu although that may be harder since old Z episodes from Toonami/VHS/old DVDs with that in the Buu Saga is very hard to find but if you know any sites than be sure to PM since due to the rules I know we're not supposed to send links to free episodes. Anyway hopefully you guys can help out so I can make this project of Kai with the voices I grew up with!

vegetasasuke0

Re: DBZ Kai Project Help

Post by vegetasasuke0 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:28 am

Mysticus wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:46 pm Hello, I have been a DBZ fan for a very long time. My earliest memory was owning the VHS and old DVDs of the episodes. I never was a huge fan of Kai but I did like some of the voice acting, expect for a few certain others (cough Teen Gohan and Bulma)

A few years ago Super Satan God made a Bruce Falconer soundtrack project for all of Kai and one thing I noticed was that he used a few Z lines for it, I was hoping there's a tutorial on how to isolate vocals from Z as I want to bring back a few old voices from that into Kai such as Gohan, Bulma, Android 18, Frieza(?) and even the deep voice version of Super Buu although that may be harder since old Z episodes from Toonami/VHS/old DVDs with that in the Buu Saga is very hard to find but if you know any sites than be sure to PM since due to the rules I know we're not supposed to send links to free episodes. Anyway hopefully you guys can help out so I can make this project of Kai with the voices I grew up with!
From my understanding, 5.1 surround tracks are multi-tracked so its easier that way to isolate them, if something is stereo its near impossible to get the audio (mostly voice tracks) isolated. But I could be wrong entirely, but that has been my experience. The early Funimation & Ocean dub tracks I believe are stereo but again I could be wrong, when I ripped the episodes from the ISO's a while back I believe they were stereo because they had a weird way of releasing the discs.