For a fairly popular character, Future Trunks really doesn't have much

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

For a fairly popular character, Future Trunks really doesn't have much

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:25 am

in the way of fanfics. Especially in crossovers. Which, considering his time machine, and traveling through time and space, provides plenty of opportunity.

Even non-crossovers with him are rare for DBZ fanfics. And a good portion of those have him somehow getting together with 18. Of his timeline.

So, anyone know any good Future Trunks fanfics? They could be complete or still ongoing (preferably not abandoned), I'm not too picky. Crossovers or not as well.

Escavalien

Re: For a fairly popular character, Future Trunks really doesn't have much

Post by Escavalien » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:13 am

I was working on one that tried to continue Trunks' story after his arc in Super. The main premise would be creating a divide between the two Trunkses that would meet shortly after. The one that came from DBS would end up focusing on the forms he saw his father use, slowly turning SSJ Rage into SSG through focusing on the God ki by the headcanon idea that SSJ Rage has God ki mixing with SSJ. While the other Trunks would end up eventually getting Ultimate form like Gohan. The idea I liked the most about this project was that while trying to come up with a plan for Black, the DBS Trunks would remember someone who could help them that would be happy to kill a person in Goku's body. Android 16. But I ended up with writer's block, despite wanting to figure out a way for 16 to be relevant once woken up. Because in Trunks' timeline, as far as we know, he's still in that lab unactivated. And before anybody asks I was going to have Beerus stuck in a nap and refusing to wake up, in a comedic way, to ignore how Beerus and Whis told Trunks they'd take care of Zamasu. But by the time the immortal Merged Zamasu would show up, he'd be necessary to wake up so that him and Whis can show their "method of dealing with immortality that's better than the Mafuba" that they told Goku about.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:14 pm

Honor Trip. 84 chapters, half the story takes place in the future, with Trunks as a MC. It's unfinished, but does complete that arc.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:58 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:14 pm Honor Trip. 84 chapters, half the story takes place in the future, with Trunks as a MC. It's unfinished, but does complete that arc.
Looked some of it up, and eh. I give props to the writer for doing it for 5 years, but the type of story isn't quite up my alley. Thanks for the tip.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:36 am

Point of No Return, possibly the best DB Fic:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5785965/1/ ... -No-Return
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:04 am

Future Trunks one of the most well-developed characters in the franchise. It's hard to do things with him at hasn't already been done.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:44 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:04 am Future Trunks one of the most well-developed characters in the franchise. It's hard to do things with him at hasn't already been done.
That's why I'm a big fan of crossovers. You can put even normally well developed characters into worlds with completely new characters, making new experiences.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:23 am

He's the main character of DB heroes essentially, especially the first couple of arcs.

I think we might see more of him in the future with the double trunks timeline thing, but who knows.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.