Is there a fancut of Kai that uses the Japanese opening and ending songs?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Is there a fancut of Kai that uses the Japanese opening and ending songs?

Post by mecha3000 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:06 am

I'm gonna be honest. I don't really care for the international Engrish "Never give up!" ending song we got. It's fine, but I prefer the Japanese Kai ending songs. So, has anyone fan taken it upon themselves to edit Japanese ending songs into the dubbed Buu Saga of Kai? Would anyone be interested in doing something like that? I know it's probably a pointless endeavor, but if anyone is interesting in making something like that, please let me know as I don't have the editing skills or patience to do so myself.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is there a fancut of Kai that uses the Japanese opening and ending songs?

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:11 pm

Myself, I like the international opening track more than the Japanese version, purely music wise.
But those engrish lyrics are insane. At first, I thought wow, why do we get different Japanese opening in Europe, that's cool... oh wait, what's that language? :lol:

You are looking for english dub? To me, Kai is quite obscure release altogether, but I know that there is user and thread on this forum, with cut of Z without filler. Basically what Kai did, but with no ''modern'' alterations.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:44 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:11 pm Myself, I like the international opening track more than the Japanese version, purely music wise.
But those engrish lyrics are insane. At first, I thought wow, why do we get different Japanese opening in Europe, that's cool... oh wait, what's that language? :lol:

You are looking for english dub? To me, Kai is quite obscure release altogether, but I know that there is user and thread on this forum, with cut of Z without filler. Basically what Kai did, but with no ''modern'' alterations.
I'm looking for the English dub, but with the opening and ending songs from the Japanese Kai 2.0 like "Dear Zarathustra" and "Oh Yeah!". I doubt anyone would have the patience to recut Kai that way, but really all I would want is the opening/endings added. Maybe, I'll do it myself since all it requires is adding opening and ending songs. I'm not really an editor, though, so I would have to learn the process.

At the end of the day, though, it's not that big a deal. I can just watch Kai Buu Saga's Japanese version.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:21 am

mecha3000 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:44 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:11 pm Myself, I like the international opening track more than the Japanese version, purely music wise.

I'm looking for the English dub, but with the opening and ending songs from the Japanese Kai 2.0 like "Dear Zarathustra" and "Oh Yeah!". I doubt anyone would have the patience to recut Kai that way, but really all I would want is the opening/endings added. Maybe, I'll do it myself since all it requires is adding opening and ending songs. I'm not really an editor, though, so I would have to learn the process.

At the end of the day, though, it's not that big a deal. I can just watch Kai Buu Saga's Japanese version.
Oh! I thought that you meant specifically Kai The Lost Chapters with it's infamous Engrish opening and ending. I thought that the original Kai is fine just with proper english dubbed openings (what they did with the Vic Mignona's one anyway? Is it part of history and not changed?).
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88