[Post-Cell/MCU] Gohan going through Peter's arcs in Far From Home/No Way Home would make for great character development

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mrfrankyg4

[Post-Cell/MCU] Gohan going through Peter's arcs in Far From Home/No Way Home would make for great character development

Post by mrfrankyg4 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:17 pm

Let me explain:

At the end of Infinity War and the Cell Saga, Peter and Gohan are found to be in heavily similar positions.

They’ve just overcome a dramatic battle to settle the fate of the world. Both held a great part in stopping it, one a bit more than the other.In the end, their worlds are saved but at a cost.

Peter lost his mentor/father figure Tony Stark, while Gohan lost his father, Goku. In a way, the mantle was passed onto both of them once their father figures passed. Now, Gohan’s development was tarnished after this. Peter Parker went through some interesting arcs that led to him finally becoming the classic independent comic-accurate Spider-Man at the end of No Way Home.

Here are his arcs that occur in Far From Home and No Way Home:

Far From Home is all about Peter struggling with losing his mentor and the fact that he's next in line. The whole time, he says to himself, "I'm not ready to fill his shoes." And then after a conversation with Happy, he realizes: he's not supposed to be the next Iron Man. He never was. He's Spider-Man.

No Way Home, Peter has just achieved a new understanding of himself and his place in the superhero world. Except he doesn't truly understand it, not yet. He knows that he's not supposed to succeed Iron Man, but to be his own hero. But he doesn't know yet what that really means. You see, for Peter to really understand how to be Spider-Man, he needed to know why first. Aunt May and Uncle Ben respectively died at the hands of a criminal. This is what drives Peter to be who he is. To never stoop as low as killing criminals, no matter how bad they are. To put the bad guys behind bars. This was Peter 1's final lesson, and the hardest to learn: you can't save everyone. But you can try to help as many as you can.

To put it simply:

Far From Home was about him learning that he needs to be a hero his way. No Way Home is about him learning how and why to do so.

What does this mean for Gohan?

So what I will be doing is taking the Bojack and Broly villains and adapting them both into two separate arcs that take place right after the Cell Games.

I'm going to shape them into two stories that I want to fit into the Dragon Ball landscape and will heavily mirror how the stories are shaped in FFH/NWH. In turn, I'll have Gohan go through these story beats, as I think it makes so much sense given the position he’s in at the end of the Cell Saga. By the end of it, he more-or-less becomes very much like Future Gohan.

Currently working on them as I write this, and I can't wait to unveil them when they're done!

Let us discuss it!

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: [Post-Cell/MCU] Gohan going through Peter's arcs in Far From Home/No Way Home would make for great character develop

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:42 am

This can be a fun idea. Hope to read about it fully when it’s done.

mrfrankyg4

Re: [Post-Cell/MCU] Gohan going through Peter's arcs in Far From Home/No Way Home would make for great character develop

Post by mrfrankyg4 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:29 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:42 am This can be a fun idea. Hope to read about it fully when it’s done.
Thank you! I posted the first story just now. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47646

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:46 am

I liked it. Great job. Keep it up!

mrfrankyg4

Post by mrfrankyg4 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:51 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:46 am I liked it. Great job. Keep it up!
Thank you! What'd you think of Gohan's progression so far?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:16 am

mrfrankyg4 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:51 pm
Berserker1921 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:46 am I liked it. Great job. Keep it up!
He’s more heroic In the end. Sort of like canon gohan. I liked that you used the side characters more. Like tien, and others. And I liked that bojack was the villain.

mrfrankyg4

Post by mrfrankyg4 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:40 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:16 am
mrfrankyg4 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:51 pm
He’s more heroic In the end. Sort of like canon gohan. I liked that you used the side characters more. Like tien, and others. And I liked that bojack was the villain.
Hey! Hope you are well! I just posted my last arc for Gohan! Check it out and let me know what you think!