Avatars galore, DragonBall and more!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sat May 15, 2004 3:30 pm

Xyex, I only just now realized your current avy as of this writing is Sephiroth.

Slow? Me?

I'm not slow.

Did everyone hear the Hindenburg crashed? Wow!
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sun May 16, 2004 1:48 am

Alias, do you happen to have any of the links to these artists' websites? I'd really like to see the full images...
[size=75]"Are we gonna continue?"
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

[url=http://www.lovelycyborg.com/]Lovely Cyborg[/url][/size]

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Sun May 16, 2004 3:36 am

Hey hey! I thought, since this is an avatar thread, that I would post up this one since I'm not using it but I just have it, so, why let it go to waste? No, I'm not gonna turn into an avatar maker and try to compete, I'm just trying to contribute!

Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun May 16, 2004 3:46 am

Eeee.... You really should make that a .jpg file... As a .bmp it's to big to use here.

Anyway, several new Avy's up and 391 - 393 are thanks to SpiritBomb.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Sun May 16, 2004 4:29 am

I'm too lazy so you do it yourself! :P Nah, I'm just kidding but i'll take that as a recomendation to anyone who wants that avatar.

*bows* Thank you very much, 391-393 are all thanks to me! Nobody else! Ok..yeah, Xyex deserves the round of applauds...

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun May 16, 2004 8:12 pm

I've just realised your normal avatar is a bitmap too, Spirit Bomb. No offense, but you should never, ever use bitmaps online. Your avatar is over ten times the size of Jerseymilk's. If everyone had bitmaps, loading up pages would become a nightmare for those without broadband.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Sun May 16, 2004 10:00 pm

*covers face with hands and cries* I have a confession to make..the-the-the computer wont let me make a .jpg file! WAAAAAA!!!!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun May 16, 2004 11:14 pm

MS Pain(t) CAN make .jpg files. If it doesn't currently offer the option go into the program, select open, choose 'all files' and find a .jpg to open. That should add the option. I don't know why that happens sometimes but the last time I restored my computer I had to do that so I could save as .jpg. I also had to do that to save as .gif files too. :?

Or you could go to Downloads.com and search for a program call Image Enhance. That saves as .jpg as well as having several simple filter options.

EDIT: Since I'm such a nice guy I went ahead and changed them both to .jpg. Here's the one you're currently using:

<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon May 17, 2004 12:18 am

Ben: Unless Xyex changed avatars really fast, and I missed the godlike Sephy, I'm going to have to correct you by saying that that's Ugly- I mean Orochimaru.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon May 17, 2004 1:03 am

Originally I was using:

Shortly after he posted that I switched too:

But SpiritBomb picked on me. :cry: j/k So I changed it to my current one.
<Xyex> Good point.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon May 17, 2004 1:16 am

Oh yeah, I even commented on it at one time... I guess my memory is broke, again.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Mon May 17, 2004 2:33 am

number18 wrote:Alias, do you happen to have any of the links to these artists' websites? I'd really like to see the full images...
I'll post some of those tomorrow when I'm at my college, they have a T4 line so I'll be able to sift through many Japanese links in a breeze. Though it needs organizing, I've got about a hundred links to DB fanart sites that I'll be adding to a DB link resource I'm working on. SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT! I'm working on the layout now, and gradually will finish the site by the end of the semester. I visit hundreds of sites each week, and I'm trying to compile a resource of the best DB sites on the net (quality sites, not ones with full epz, 'borrowed info' and 23,000 affiliates). Anyone interested in this sort of thing?

EDIT: More importantly, any suggestions?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 17, 2004 9:19 am

Putting DaizenshuuEX on the list? :wink: :P
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Mon May 17, 2004 12:01 pm

I would hope there'd be enough confidence in me that I wouldn';t confuse Onochimaru with Sephiroth.

Oh, right.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon May 17, 2004 7:51 pm

I have low confidence in everybody. It helps, sometimes, but it can get on people's nerves.

Okay, I'll add your name to the list of people who have proved themselves to be smarter than I had estimated... Current people on the list: You.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Mon May 17, 2004 9:16 pm

Thank you so much Xyex!

Ooops! I didint mean to pick on you! Sometimes I tend to say the wrong thing that sounds pretty mean. I actually liked your old avatar, didint I tell you that on AIM?

Why should you care what little old me thinks about you? STICK IT TO THE MAN!

Thank you again! *hugs Xyex*

See..I'm being nice! I deserve a cookie!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon May 17, 2004 9:19 pm

YOU DESERVE NOTHING! GET ME MORE AVY'S!!!!
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Mon May 17, 2004 9:23 pm

Why should I get YOU avy's! I'm no avatar maker! Xyex and Alias are! From now on I'm using there avatars so I can get some fast loading ones, and better ones at that! But, if I drop by a nice one on google dont expect me to wait around until one of you guys rob it!

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Tue May 18, 2004 2:56 am

I've got Photoshop working (somewhat), as you can probably tell from my avatar at the left. It still needs some fine-tuning, but it's an example of what I'll be doing with the others.

number18,
Sorry, but I can't put up the links until Wednesday. I wasn't at college today because I'm sick and I don't have another class until then. My own computer is too slow to test each of the links to see what they are (everything's named with numbers or gibberish).

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Tue May 18, 2004 5:33 pm

Ooh! I really liked the new ones!! I changed mine! :mrgreen:
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...