My fave AMVs.

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

My fave AMVs.

Post by Ben Plante » Wed May 12, 2004 2:34 am

Okay, I'm bored, it's late, so I feel like listing my favorite Anime Music Videos. And for some reason, most of them are by Meri. Meri, you really kick ass. ::End suck up::

1. Anime: Dragonball Z. Title: Fathers And Sons. Artist: Ben Folds. Song: Still Fighting It. Creator: Akimbo.

2. Anime: Trigun. Title: Alone In The World. Artist: Simple Plan. Song: I'm Just A Kid. Creators: Meri Cantoni and Mike LaBrie.

3. Anime: Dragonball Z. Title: This Is DBZ Life. Artist: The Dust Brothers. Song: This Is Your Life. Creators: Scott A. Melzer, Lucas Chen, and Terry Tao. Also many friends of theirs, apparently. ^_^

4. Anime: Cowboy Bebop. Title: Unforgiven. Artist: Metallica. Song: Unforgiven 2. Creators: Enma Studios.

5. Anime: Dragonball Z. Title: Traces Of Insanity. Artist: Linkin Park. Song: Crawling. Creator: Meri Cantoni.

6. Anime: Dragonball Z. Title: Vegeta Music Video 2.0. Artist: Savage Garden. Song: Break Me. Creator: Meri Cantoni

Honorable Mention. Anime: Dragonball Z. Title: All Purpose DBZ Music Video. Artists: Limp Bizkit, Brak, Linkin Park, The Sims. Songs: Rollin', Don't Touch Me, One Step Closer, Sims BGM. Creators: Meri Cantoni, Mike LaBrie, Andrew Deluxe.

If I made any errors, by all means, inform me. I'll edit.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Wed May 12, 2004 6:14 pm

Nobody else cares to share a list of their faves? ::Sniff::
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Wed May 12, 2004 7:05 pm

I will. ^_^

I'm going to bring up some of the videos that aren't as popular as Meri's and VegEx's...

All of these are on http://animemusicvideos.org

Total Eclipse of the Heart - (can't remember the author) A sad view of the Goku/Chichi relationship. The picture quality is very poor, but the feel of it is really good.

Take My Breath Away - (also can't remember the author) Another romance video, focusing mainly on B/V and G/C. Bad picture but great emotion.

Killer in Me - (SSJ_Mitsuka) The only vid I've ever seen focus largely on Chibi Piccolo. Very good.

Just Like Heaven - (SSJ_Mitsuka) The best DB romance video I've seen. It focuses on Goku and Chichi. Very sweet.

Scarred Brotherhood - (Mersades) This one's about the relationship between Goku/Vegeta.

I'm trying to think up more, but my music video collection is at home... I'll post more of them later.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Wed May 12, 2004 10:22 pm

Ooh, I saw Just Like Heaven once, I enjoyed that too, just not enough to save it.

A guilty pleasure vid of mine is When World's Collide, that deals with the Cell and Boo deaths. Also by Meri, in her pre-super awesome stage, she was just in her regular awesome stage then. That's not meant to be offensive. BTW.

I dunno, it was cool!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed May 12, 2004 10:57 pm

Let's see....

1) Welcome To Hell by Elissj [DBZ] The Mirai no Trunks video I posted before.

2) With You by Arigatomina [DBZ] It's a Goku/Vegeta vid of sorts, about their rivalry/relationship. Very good video.

3) Vegeta's Atittude Show by Bote [DBZ] A hilarious look at Vegeta's personality. Hehe, can't touch this. *Snickers*

4) The Fury by (?) [DBZ] A fun 'Gohan beats the crap outta Cell' vid.

5) Vegeta, The Prince of Pride by Majin Rob [DBZ] Another Vegeta character profile, what can I say, I like Vegeta.

6) Bardock's last hours by Paolo [DBZ] Obviously a Bardock video, and a really good one IMO.

7) Wake KOS MOS up by Ecks [Xenosaga] It's really good, very good. Yeah.

Anyway, I know most, if not all, can be found on Dragonball Arena
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Thu May 13, 2004 9:06 pm

I have only like a couple of favoritess right now, I'm still trying to get mine togther.

1. Absolute Destiny: I Wish I Was A Lesbian

2. Indifferent Productions: The Chibi Things (That Kill)

3. Studio Hybrid: Jinnai and the Bugrom LIVE!

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Fri May 14, 2004 6:09 am

A few more to add...

Memories Dance - A Studio Ghibli music video. Beautiful.

Tainted Donuts - Cowboy Bebop/Trigun. Incredible editing.

Pan's Final Cry - (Not at animemusicvideos.org) This is by Anime Crave (a website). A nice look at Pan.

A Thousand Miles - For the movie Whisper of the Heart. Very sweet.

Music of My Heart - MeriC - An oldie, but always one of my favorites. About the relationship of Piccolo and Gohan. The song is perfect.

I'll probably add more later...

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Fri May 14, 2004 6:51 am

I'd also like to add what a few of the guilty pleasures I had involving Meri... 's videos were. (That's it, I'm banned :twisted: )

-I already mentioned 'When World's Collide'.

-I liked that... it was a Madonna thing. I can't remember what the hell it was called or what the song was called, but 'Let yo' body move to the muuusic, hey hey' was a repeating line. It was just shots of everyone dancing from scenes in the series, including the ever so cool shot of Vegeta and Piccolo tapping their finger and foot respectiveally to the beat in secret. :-)

-Then there was this one that was a Japanese song... I believe the video was called Generation Z. It dealt with Goten, Present Trunks, Bra, Pan, Maron... you know the new generation. Most of it was GT, except for a few ultra cute shots of ultra cute Pan from the last couple Z eps.

-The one that was the audio of the trailer for Leon (The Professional) changed to make it a DBZ trailer. That was EXCELLENT.

-Piccolo versus No. 17, Slugfest Can-Can. 'Nuff said. That one was quite fun.

-Lastly, this one is not a guilty pleasure, it is infinitely more deserving than the title of 'guilty pleasure', because of its excellence. HOWEVER, for whatever reason, it didn't quite make the cut among my top vids of all time. I'm talking about 'Heart of Sword', a Trunks video that was basically several minutes of Trunks beating the shit out of/killing people with his sword. It was quite well made, and the song used was, IIRC, the ending theme to another rather obscure anime by the name of... Yes, I'm joking, it's one of the Kenshin ending themes. Sword connection, blah blah.

So, yeah. And I don't wanna hear any complaints about how 'Break Me' got into my top 7 when there are so many other beaties out there... it's because it's the first AMV I ever heard, so it has a place in my heart. Plus, you know, it really is pretty good.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 14, 2004 10:51 am

Ben Plante wrote:The one that was the audio of the trailer for Leon (The Professional) changed to make it a DBZ trailer. That was EXCELLENT.
Dude... we used Cowboy Bebop on that one... :P
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Fri May 14, 2004 11:06 am

DOOOOH! I wasn't thinking clearly, I meant Cowboy Bebop, I'd just been talking about DBZ so much, it was a reflex.

Ahem...

There was this one video, done to the trailer for Leon (The Professional) with Cowboy Bebop footage over the audio. That was EXCELLENT!

DBZ was the X-Men one, I remember that.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat May 15, 2004 1:06 am

I'd name my favorites, but they've either already been named, or were done by VegettoEX / Meri. What can I say? I haven't looked for AMVs in ages.