"Pretentious DBZ Action Video"

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Pretentious DBZ Action Video"

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:10 pm

Dunno what else to start the forum off with other than plugging my own latest lame music video :P

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=27150

The conept is pretty simple... that being there's no real concept. At the time of editing, I was seeing lots of people new to the scene hopping on the E.S. Posthumus bandwagon (especially after their work being in the Spiderman trailer), and I kinda wanted to parody that.

It's just a random DBZ action video to one of E.S. Posthumus's songs. Nothing spectacular. It's a fun little diddy, but that's about it. You can download it locally on the AMV org server space via the above link. It's not my favorite video, which is why you don't see it popping up with my other (good?) videos in my sig :P
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSJ Bento

Post by SSJ Bento » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:23 am

Wish I could see it....but media player no longer works right on my sister's computer.And it would take me 6 hours at least to download anyway...stupid dialup :evil:.

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Pretentious DBZ Action Video"

Post by Gary » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:44 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Dunno what else to start the forum off with other than plugging my own latest lame music video :P
Personally I liked the vid. :D

Then again I like all of your vids.. LOL! :D
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:05 pm

I don't know why you call your own video 'lame'

Granted it was only a parody, but it's a good quality video set to a good song. Some may say Action DBZ videos are done to death, but not all of them have to theatrical masterpeices.
Last edited by Deus ex Machina on Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:59 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:I don't know why you call your own video 'lame'
I don't mean "lame" in that I don't like the video; I actually think it's pure stupid fun, and I like watching it!

I just mean the concept is absolutely retarded :P. Song! Footage! Timing! INSTANT VIDEO!
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:38 am

VegettoEX wrote:I just mean the concept is absolutely retarded :P. Song! Footage! Timing! INSTANT VIDEO!
Since when did that become a bad thing? :roll:

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:03 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:Since when did that become a bad thing? :roll:
I guess it's not bad at all ^^;;. I usually like to strive for something more with my videos, though. Telling the story of the anime exactly as it is... isn't really creating anything new, which is really what I think AMVs are for. But that's why it's a silly 24-hour project ^^.

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:53 pm

I thought it was cool. I just wish that I could make an AMV.. I don't have the right software.. and I need to get new capture hardware.. or a DVD rom drive.
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]