Echoes

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xyex
I Live Here

Echoes

Post by Xyex » Mon May 24, 2004 9:18 am

Right, I figured what the hell, I'll post info about my newest W.I.P. AMV here. You know, try and drum up some interest in the thing before I finish it.

My first emotional DBZ vid, it focuses on the deaths and sacrifices of our heroes. Piccolo, Goku, and Vegeta will have the 'center stage' so to speak in the video as they are the ones who sacrifced themselves, but it will feature most of the deaths of the heroes in the series. (I say most because I don't have anything before Piccolo dying against Nappa.)

And thanks to Jersey for giving the song I'm going to use, Melodies of Life by Emiko Shiratori.

Currently I'm still downloading the clips from Dragonball Arena's no audio HQ collection, but expect to be actually doing the editing itself by Wednesday. I'll let you guys all know when it's done!
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Echoes

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 24, 2004 9:23 am

Xyex wrote:Currently I'm still downloading the clips from Dragonball Arena's no audio HQ collection, but expect to be actually doing the editing itself by Wednesday. I'll let you guys all know when it's done!
Downloading bad! >.<
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon May 24, 2004 10:53 am

Yeah, I know... but it's the only access I've got to what I need. :cry:
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Mon May 24, 2004 2:51 pm

Not everyone can pay for massive collections of dvds and dvd-rom drives, VegEX. Some of us are stuck with what little we can get. :cry:

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon May 24, 2004 3:04 pm

Indeed. But at least Dragonball arena has a decent collection of clips, all of rather good quaility too!
<Xyex> Good point.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 24, 2004 3:12 pm

Who says you have to pay? Rent, borrow, steal. I don't actually own half of the discs I get footage from.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Mon May 24, 2004 5:48 pm

Rent: Nope. Local video store has zero DBZ dvds.

Borrow: All my friends who like DB are online. They don't know me. I don't know them.

Steal: Risks outweigh the benefits. If it was the Dragon Box, maybe. But not for $10 three-ep dvds.

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Mon May 24, 2004 6:47 pm

I'd have to agree. I'm not gonna steal from the local kids and I have a family to support so I can't buy them and the local video places give me funny looks when I rent DBGT: Final Bout....and they don't have any DB vids/DVDs. I have like 5 of the DBZ movies and 3 episodes but only cuz my wife likes Gotenks.

baboo

off topic...

Post by baboo » Tue May 25, 2004 11:09 am

uh as the title suggests this is a little off topic, but what program do you guys use when u make ur amvs ??... =D thank you =D

Ja.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue May 25, 2004 12:24 pm

Steal?! You'd rather have them steal since you consider downloading to be stealing?! O_o
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 25, 2004 12:32 pm

Dayspring wrote:Steal?! You'd rather have them steal since you consider downloading to be stealing?! O_o
By "steal" I mean "temporarily borrow from a friend, and then never give them back."

We've got half a dozen of Scott Melzer's DBZ DVDs. He's got 30 of my Kenshin DVDs. It's... fun.
baboo wrote:uh as the title suggests this is a little off topic, but what program do you guys use when u make ur amvs ??... =D thank you =D
Combination of:
  • Adobe Premiere
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • DVD Decrypter
  • VirtualDub
  • DVD2AVI
  • Various AVIsynth plug-ins
  • other things

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:42 am

Well, about three weeks after I started with the idea, it is now finished! About time too! I went through 5 versions before finally making the one I liked. :evil: Stupid brain kept telling me "No! That SUCKS!" so I had to keep going back and doing it again, and again, and again....

Anyway, I don't think it's 'perfect' exactly, but it's still pretty good. The start and end are, IMO, the best parts. The stuff in the middle is okay, some better than others, but it's done. It's good. I like it. You can go and find it here if you want to see it.
<Xyex> Good point.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:19 am

First: rm? *sigh*
Second: Downloading...
Third: Graphics Converter? I told the damn thing to use Realplayer as the default application!
Fourth: WHERE THE HELL IS REALPLAYER?!?!?!?!?!
Fifth: Gotta redownload Realplayer...
Sixth: Downloading...
Seventh: Setting up things...
Eighth: What the hell! It's not working! I'm coming back to this...

*grumble, grumble...* :evil:

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:38 am

Okay, I watched it. I'm not into that sort of music, but it's not like it was unbearable.

Cool video. How many AMVs have you made? It doesn't have the problems of most people's first AMVs. I'd say it's a C+ AMV, which is good, because most I see are failures.

Nice!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:00 pm

Ha! I don't even use Realplayer anymore. I downloaded some codec/bundle/package thingy months ago and now I can use Media Player to watch .rm files. 8)

Let's see though, how many have I made? Um.... lots! But most were never released cause they weren't all that good. One of my best though ended up being deleted, oh well. As for ones I do have on-line...

Unstoppable Androids was the first one I did, and I think the first I put into AMVorgs database. A little thing with the Androids more-or-less taunting the Z Fighters (with good Android saga footage and BAAAAD Trunks special fansub footage! ugh!) to the tune of Wierd Al's "It's All About the Pentiums." Though it is still a serious video, just, if you understand what I was aiming for in places, it's funny too. Lots of nice lyrics/video syncs that people don't seem to pick up on. :? .asf format

Then came Prince Vegeta, a Vegeta character profile/tribute with "Fear" by Disturbed as the music. Rather good video IMO for my second vid. .asf format

Next came The Way I Pray which was to focus mostly on Goku and Vegeta... I can't remember the general premise for that one ATM though... :? But it was another Disturbed song... oh, and my first actual attempt at lip syncing.......... .wmv format

My fourth vid was I'll Be Here. An FF8 video about Squall and Rinoa to the tune of "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls.

Number five is Saiyan Awakening. It's a future Gohan/Trunks video with "Wake me up inside" by Evanescence as the song.

And number six is, well, this one!

Also, I must find Jersey if she hasn't seen that the video's up yet. She wanted to see this one....

Oh, and if you could leave an oppinion on the video at AMVorg's site, that'd be great.
<Xyex> Good point.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:02 am

Just finished watching it. The editing and sound especially worked out well I think Xyex. Great job! ^_^
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:44 pm

Ni... I can't watch it. ;__; And I can't install RealPlayer here, but I have it Florida so I'll watch it when I go back. :)
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...