Scrapped Ideas

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Scrapped Ideas

Post by TGDweezl » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:26 am

Well, I scrapped the idea I had for my first AMV. I put too much thought into it and kinda ruined it for myself. It was gonna be Trigun with Shinedown's ".45" song to it. I tried to make the lyrics fit with the series but it seemed too difficult to set it up right...plus I didn't have time to re-watch Trigun. So, I'm gonna try to think up a new one. If anyone likes my idea and wants to use it, go for it. I could use some tips/ideas right now.

Available Anime:
Trigun
Full Metal Panic
Akira
Armitage
Flames of Recca
Inuyasha
Ghost in the Shell (TV series)
Berserk
Hellsing
VERY little DB/DBZ, only the first 13 episodes of DB
The episodes of Trunks and Goten learning fusion
Curse of the Blood Rubies DB movie

Music: Endless.

Idea/Challenge: Has anyone tried a country tune/line dance song to DBZ?

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:39 pm

Hmm. Isn't Lonestar's "I'm Already There" a bit country? Although I get that it's probably not as extreme as you want.

I actually have very little experience with DBZ music videos. And considering what most people seem to say about 99% of them, I'm not keen to find out. I am going to download everything VegettoEX has recommended when I get broadband though. I'm especially keen to see "The slugfest Can-Can".

There any other DBZ music videos set to classic music? I'm almost tempted to attempt to do one to Beethoven's fifth.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:05 pm

Look up Ebla and Bethoven's 9th (final movement, or course).
Usually anime vids have artistic-y titles like so it'll be hard to find, but most with Ebla are done well.

The best I've ever seen was a Vision of Ecaflowne mixed with Lodoss War vid that was set to all of the final movement of Beethoven's 9th. I loved it, but my dad deleted it because he thought 50 megs was half the computer. :cry:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:48 am

Psyliam: There may be lots of awful DBZ vids (unfortunately, it really is 99%), but the ones on VegEX's list aren't the only good ones. The best DBZ MV I've seen similar to what you're looking for is: http://animemusicvideos.org/members/mem ... hp?v=39254

The end isn't quite as solid as the rest of it, but it's still an incredible video.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:14 pm

I will download it when I get broadband, but it'll have to wait until then. Downloading files that big on a 56k dial-up isn't fun, especially since you can't use a download manager when getting stuff from animemusicvideos.
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:33 pm

Yup, I hear that. I got DSL not too long ago. And "Slugfest Can-Can" is very nicely done, I have it. I'm not trying to be too artsy or anything like that I just want to make a good AMV but I guess that comes with practice.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:14 am

TGDweezl: Country tunes have been used on anime videos before, but I don't think I've ever seen any that were made well. With what you have available, I'd recommend picking whichever series you can tolerate most (you'll be watching it over and over...) and then coming up with a concept or story derived from the available footage. If you have a massive amount of music, you should be able to find something that matches the chosen 'plot' of the MV. You could take the early DB episodes and make some goofy humor video. Very few people use footage from those early eps.

Psyliam: Coward! I've downloaded things much bigger than that on 56k! 517 megs is the highest. Almost non-stop (has to re-connect ocassionaly). :mrgreen:

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:27 pm

I've downloaded big things too, but only when I can use Getright or another download manager. You can't use one of them when getting stuff from animemusicvideos, so if I lost the connection, I'd have to start the download again from the beginning. That would cause pain.

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:36 pm

Hm, I might do just that. i'll have to decide which is the most tolerable to watch and think about what I could do. Thanks! :D
"It's all fun and games til someone spills the mayonnaise." -Edd from Ed, Edd, and Eddy