Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Saiga » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:40 am

rereboy wrote:In short, you are not going to ponder on your words, and yet still expect them to be fair and perfectly accurate. Got it. That wraps up the discussion for me.
Not at all an accurate reflection of what I said, so I guess that does enough to wrap it up for me as well.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:13 am

Saiga wrote:
rereboy wrote:In short, you are not going to ponder on your words, and yet still expect them to be fair and perfectly accurate. Got it. That wraps up the discussion for me.
Not at all an accurate reflection of what I said, so I guess that does enough to wrap it up for me as well.
For clarity's sake I should specify that it's not even a matter of you actually expecting your words to be fair and accurate. That wasn't the best description.

It's much more an issue of me not having confidence in your opinion if you don't ponder on your words.

If you don't ponder on your words I have no faith that your opinion is at least trying to be fair and accurate, and I have no interest in that.

And I don't say this because your specific use of one hyperbole. Your posture and your posts in general just don't strike me as you pondering much on what you say. Thus I have no faith in them.

You can have any opinion you want, but I will only be interested and put some faith in it if I feel that it's trying to be fair and accurate.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:55 pm

fexus wrote:
Tzigi wrote: Have you taken a logic class? I am asking it in all earnestness because we seem to be unable to meet on a fundamental, totally DB-unrelated level. Those two phrases: "Expanding for example will explain where did the Dragon Balls came from" and "Expanding is to let us know more about the world that already exist." are about adding new info to the existing pool of knowledge. Adding being the pertinent word here. Expanding on the other hand is - to take you word - "doing a different take of what already happen[ed]". As long as you don't get your terminology straight, we can't progress with the discussion.
Doing a different take on what already happen isn't expanding. I think you might be self-deluding yourself to think that it is and you are not wrong. Why is doing a different take expanding? Why is explaining where the dragon balls came from is adding? It's not like adding a new element to the story like Beerus but it's just explaining about things that are already there.
Does explaining why Goku have a tail adding? Is it?
It's like this for example imagine you see a big tree in a park. You ask your dad where does the tree came from. Rather than explaining the backstory of where the tree came from your dad began to babble that the tree could grow smaller if it doesn't have the right nutrition. That's DBM.
What Super does is actually trying to explain how the tree became that big and maybe show how the tree will become old. That's expanding on the story of the tree. Adding on the other hand tell you about a story that the tree once had a parasite.
Sure Super does add things but it also expand more about DB multiverse. DBM does none of this.
Can I ask what you're intended purpose is from this comment? It is constructive criticism so that the author could improve DBM or is it just to bash it for being released before BoG? I'm just curious if you're doing the same with other fan comics or just DBM. I think DBM did a good job with what it had to work with at the time.
Expanding:
become or make larger or more extensive.
"their business expanded into other hotels and properties"
synonyms: increase in size, become larger, enlarge

lengthen, stretch, thicken, fill out
"metals expand when heated"
grow, become/make larger, become/make bigger, increase in size, increase in scope, upsize;
extend, augment, broaden, widen, develop, diversify, build up;
branch out, spread, proliferate

The fact that it's a multiverse already fits the definition of "expanding". DC and Marvel also have a multiverse with infinite possibilities and these are considered "expansions". It seems that you would give that a different definition though. The author also tries to fill in some of the gaps within the original story. There's a fan fic about the history of the first SSJ and they try to explain what planet the Saiyans were intending to conquer when Raditz came to pick up Kakarotto. In Super, we got a new SSJ form and all we learned is that there was a war between good and evil Saiyans and somehow the good Saiyans gathered around in a circle to form a god. That's basically it. We don't know the cause of the war or what gave them the idea to form a circle and give their energy. In Super, we learn that Shenron looked it up in the Namekian Book of Legends which implies that an ancient Namek witnessed the transformation and wrote it down but that's probably the last we'll hear of this book. I like Beerus as a character but I felt like maybe Toriyama should've explored the roles and origins of the previous gods before introducing more. Then there's Monaka who we may or may not ever learn his origin, how he became that strong, and why no one ever sensed him before.

So far all we know about U6 is that it's a reverse universe with good Saiyans and Frost Demons. This didn't necessarily need it's own universe since we already Tarble who coincidentally looks almost identical to the first good Saiyan we meet from U6. I've written a fanfic where Kuriza is a good Frost Demon and decides to spread peace across the universe after his elders get killed so Frost didn't necessarily need to be a member of a different universe. In DBM they tried to expand more after the universes diverged and develop the characters with new relationships, encounters, etc which I believe is the same as what has been done in the DC and Marvel Multiverse. Again if you believe DBM has NEVER expanded on anything at all then I'm curious what you think of multiverses in other fictional work. Also could you explain what you would like to see in DBM? You're visiting this page so there must be something attracting you to this comic. Could you clarify what you do like about DBM and what you would them to fix?

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:10 pm

What's the matter Vegetto? You salty, brah?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:16 pm

I'm imagining Goku talking with TFS Nappa's voice.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:17 pm

They were beyond you back when they were kids Goku, sit the fuck down.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Doctor. wrote:They were beyond you back when they were kids Goku, sit the fuck down.
This takes place way after EoZ though. Goku and Vegeta kept training, unlike Feeble Trunks and the-other-half-of-Gotenks.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Gotenks design in DBM is lazy IMO, I prefer DB Heroes one
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:16 pm

Noah wrote:Gotenks design in DBM is lazy IMO, I prefer DB Heroes one
Why would his magic clothes change? Just because he is an adult now?

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:41 pm

rereboy wrote:Why would his magic clothes change? Just because he is an adult now?
Why not? They're magic clothes. No reason they can't change.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Mewzard wrote:
rereboy wrote:Why would his magic clothes change? Just because he is an adult now?
Why not? They're magic clothes. No reason they can't change.
Because there's nothing suggesting that how their clothes look is influenced by their will, age or any other factor besides the fact that they fused.

DBM tries to stick close to the manga in those aspects, mostly.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:20 am

Isn't that supposed to be the standard fusion attire? Gogeta wore the same thing in Fusion Reborn and GT despite Goku and Vegeta having different clothes each time. They kept the same clothes in Heroes and just added a shirt under the vest.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:45 am

Skar wrote:
Isn't that supposed to be the standard fusion attire? Gogeta wore the same thing in Fusion Reborn and GT despite Goku and Vegeta having different clothes each time. They kept the same clothes in Heroes and just added a shirt under the vest.
Didn't Gogeta have a different colored vest in GT?
Last edited by Kamiccolo9 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
Doctor. wrote:They were beyond you back when they were kids Goku, sit the fuck down.
This takes place way after EoZ though. Goku and Vegeta kept training, unlike Feeble Trunks and the-other-half-of-Gotenks.
Eh, this could be me projecting my own PL list onto the manga but the odds of either of them getting in the ballpark of SSJ3 Gotenks or Ultimate Gohan is highly unlikely without another transformation. Even if their kids stopped training.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:49 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:
Eh, this could be me projecting my own PL list onto the manga but the odds of either of them getting in the ballpark of SSJ3 Gotenks or Ultimate Gohan is highly unlikely without another transformation. Even if their kids stopped training.
It's more of a jab on the fact that there's so much doubt about who is stronger and that people believe Goku to be stronger. It's their way of saying that Gotenks is clearly stronger.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:58 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Skar wrote:
From I can remember, they both had the black and orange color vest while Gotenks had the blue and yellow color vest.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Skar wrote:
If they added a shirt then it's not the same thing lol

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:18 pm

I got to say, Dragon Ball Multiverse always manages to make SS3 transformations look cool.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Skar wrote:
Yeah I think he had a black vest. They would look the same though in a black and white manga.
Marco Polo wrote:
Skar wrote:
If they added a shirt then it's not the same thing lol
Come on the vest and pants are identical. They're still wearing the same clothes except they colored in the area under the vest. If Asura did the same then would that honestly be considered more creative?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:53 am

Just nitpicking but Gogeta's outfit is the same between Movie 12 and GT, except GT gave him the fluffy wristbands like Goku wears instead of the smooth guard things. Colors were the same in both appearances.

As for Gotenks in Heroes...
--The first version of adult Gotenks gains a black jumpsuit under the vest, as well as GT Trunks' gloves and shoes.
--The recent "Xeno" version is between some version of Goten and Future Trunks, and he has a lot of elements from the Time Patrol outfit, a new sash/skirt and the sword.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)