Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by fexus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:14 am

Fionordequester wrote:
fexus wrote:Try to remember whether Vegeta still lost on that confrontation. Now try to guess if Bra is going to lose. Probably not. She will likely just justify her shit and get no development like Vegeta.
I believe that in Vegeta's mind, he DID lose that confrontation, and it DID affect him; that's what kickstarted his obsession with Goku. You can even see it through the way he KEEPS flashing back to Goku knocking him around with Kaioken X3; even when he first steps out of the healing pod, one of the first things he thinks of is how he got the stuffing kicked out of him by KKx3 Goku. Plus, there's the way he lost his fudge right before the epic Kamehameha vs. Gallick Gun duel; he felt like Goku had surpassed him (even though we, the audience, knew the truth; Goku was just using a technique to temporarily enhance himself). He only resulted to Oozaru when he found that even his Gallick Gun wasn't enough!

Now did Vegeta do a total 180? No...but he did start displaying very subtle changes even as early as the Ginyu saga, such as an obsession with Goku. Now consider that he was already 30 years old by that point, and very well set in his ways; if even he was altered by that kind of catastrophic defeat, consider how much more impressionable a 16 year old teenager would be.
I think you are misunderstanding my point and that's my fault. Vegeta did lose. He ran away. Because of the lost he manage to get development. But Bra is not going to lose. She isn't going to get that development. She will likely just justify her win. She ain't going to be like Vegeta.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:06 pm

Love this page and Bra grin :) She have few beans, she have chance of winning, f.ck Cold :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:15 pm

DA GLOVES?!!!!

...yeah...I guess that works. I mean, its far better than the other options.

TobyS
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by TobyS » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:24 pm

So...

Kaioken?
Zenkai allows her to win in base?
Teleport him out of the arena type fuckery?

Vote now!

I hope she still loses, or at least gets disappointed looks from real fighters but Salagair probably won't let his WaifSue lose.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Cold beat her up so bad that she needs 3 Senzu beans :o

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:26 pm

I say Kaioken, but I get the feeling her zenkai is so huge she's going to crush him at base.

TonyTheTiger
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:17 pm

TobyS wrote:So...

Kaioken?
Zenkai allows her to win in base?
Teleport him out of the arena type fuckery?

Vote now!

I hope she still loses, or at least gets disappointed looks from real fighters but Salagair probably won't let his WaifSue lose.
Someone who has anger issues, gets yelled at by Gohan, gets royally fucked up in a fight, and has to cheat to win is not a Mary Sue. I really wish people would stop misusing that term.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:46 pm

Yeah Bra and Vegito have far too many flaws to be sues. Bra for example can't control ssj2 and a sue would have mastered it instantly.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:05 pm

Salagir is taking some serious trolling lessons from Kubo.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Plus, this series have actual Mary Sue :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:50 pm

Indeed it does, and it's not the parody pictured above.

Flaws aren't worth shit without consequences. Even villains can be Sues, and they're full of flaws.

But a character who manages to avoid lasting consequences for their flaws might as well be flawless.

Bra got beaten up for her arrogance, but just look at her now. That is not the face of a humbled person. The senzu trick has allowed her to escape any lasting consequence of it.

It's not even resorting to cheating, senzu are within the rules like any other equipment. I actually like the idea of the hidden senzu, just not used by Bra when it's her own fault she got wrecked.

The only thing threatening to make the Sue term meaningless is people insisting the definition is so narrow that it can't be applied to anyone.

Edit: I still want Bra to win, because she's the lessor of two evils compared to Cold. Which doesn't mean Cold is a Sue, but that being a Sue isn't necessarily the worst thing. Cold doesn't even have enough depth to be a Sue, he's just a power level on legs.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TobyS
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by TobyS » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:02 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote: Someone who has anger issues, gets yelled at by Gohan, gets royally fucked up in a fight, and has to cheat to win is not a Mary Sue. I really wish people would stop misusing that term.
The anger issues just help her to beat her opponents in typical DB style, if her anger gets them kicked out the tournament or something let me know.

Gohan yelling at her means nothing when she's way stronger then him despite being younger, not 'ultimate', and not having had the crazy pre-peace-after-Buu lives the real z-warriors lived.

She got fucked up in the fight because she nerfed herself on purpose, despite the fact she should be not taking any risks where there are lives in the balance for the tech universe. She then dishonourably (in spirit if not by the letter of the rules) cheated after it didn't go her way.
miguelnuva1 wrote:Yeah Bra and Vegito have far too many flaws to be sues. Bra for example can't control ssj2 and a sue would have mastered it instantly.
Except she's already stronger than Gohan and 99% of other people in SSJ1, let me know when she kills a family member with it or something.

The inclusion of a more gratuitous Sue, does not make her less of one. There's been no consequence to her actions at all.

I hate her character, I roll my eyes whenever she gets "screen-time", it's not some kind of sexism as idiots would accuse, people saying "Vegeta" acts like her and is liked... well not by me, I hate Vegeta and think he's one of the least good parts of dragonball. I like strong women chichi/eighteen etc, but this Bra is the worst IMO. Even Vegito is more likeable.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:07 pm

But... how did Bra not crush the senzu while... you know, throwing punches and clenches her fists?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Characters having an awesomely powerful form they can't control isn't a real flaw... it's a common trope to show off how they're so amazing it can't be controlled.

Bra's lack of control over SS2 is another manifestation about how unique and powerful she is, not a sign of inherently poor control on her part.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TobyS
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by TobyS » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:12 pm

Saiga wrote:Indeed it does, and it's not the parody pictured above.

Flaws aren't worth shit without consequences. Even villains can be Sues, and they're full of flaws.

But a character who manages to avoid lasting consequences for their flaws might as well be flawless.

Bra got beaten up for her arrogance, but just look at her now. That is not the face of a humbled person. The senzu trick has allowed her to escape any lasting consequence of it.

It's not even resorting to cheating, senzu are within the rules like any other equipment. I actually like the idea of the hidden senzu, just not used by Bra when it's her own fault she got wrecked.

The only thing threatening to make the Sue term meaningless is people insisting the definition is so narrow that it can't be applied to anyone.

Edit: I still want Bra to win, because she's the lessor of two evils compared to Cold. Which doesn't mean Cold is a Sue, but that being a Sue isn't necessarily the worst thing. Cold doesn't even have enough depth to be a Sue, he's just a power level on legs.
I completely concur, None of the 'frosts' deserve to be this far in the tournament if RoF concepts are not canon.

What's more this fight is getting in the way of Gast vs. Raichi. Which is fascinating, Gast is interesting as hell and Raichi is visually very interesting neither are really bad guys kinda, it could go a lot of way.

Goku vs Oob will be boring, Goku will predictably win.
Vegeta vs Cell will be boring, they will predictably have Vegeta win, this nonsense about SSJ3 being nerfed into uselessness and Vegeta being confident he can beat Gohan or Goku. But it'd be cooler if Cell won, if he wasn't too arrogant to train Cell should be potentially the strongest being in the universe outside Buu and fusions...

TonyTheTiger
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Saiga wrote:Indeed it does, and it's not the parody pictured above.

Like Goku?
Saiga wrote:The only thing threatening to make the Sue term meaningless is people insisting the definition is so narrow that it can't be applied to anyone.
It's supposed to be narrow. That's what words do--they narrow down intent and ideally avoid ambiguity. Whether or not a character is a Mary Sue is relative to the surrounding cast--it happens when an author puts all the good qualities into a single person at the expense of everyone else. Whether or not Bra is a good character is debatable but she doesn't meet the definition of Mary Sue. It isn't a catch-all term for "fan wank."

Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Drayenko » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:31 pm

So, Bra uses her brain and you hate her for that. Seriously people...

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:18 pm

Hopefully she eats too much and pulls a Yajirobe

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:00 pm

The Goku in Vegetto should throw Cold a couple of senzu beans.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:49 pm

or at least the Goku from our universe should throw him one just to mess with them.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3