Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:23 pm

Man, even with Kid Bra, we're getting mid-driff shots galore...Anyone else bothered by that :crazy: ?

EDIT: I'm not sure it'd even bother me that much, except for the fact that we already spent a good chunk of the last Chapter getting butt-shots and everything like that.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:34 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Man, even with Kid Bra, we're getting mid-driff shots galore...Anyone else bothered by that :crazy: ?

EDIT: I'm not sure it'd even bother me that much, except for the fact that we already spent a good chunk of the last Chapter getting butt-shots and everything like that.
I'm not sure what to say to be honest. Like, I wanna say I'm a little bothered by it. On the other hand, I know some people, perhaps even some on here, like stuff like that and I don't wanna offend them or come off as oversensitive.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:08 pm

Yeah that transformation feels a little forced.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:59 pm

The transition does feel awkward.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:16 pm

rereboy wrote:
fexus wrote: It doesn't make sense. At all. Why the heck did Bra suddenly want to be in a full committed brother sister relationship with Gohan? She has a whole different family.
She likes them and doesn't want to feel that she isn't as part of the family as the others are. And she especially doesn't want the members of Goku's family to think she is any less than family. Since all the members of Goku's family have the special characteristic of having a surname, which is a rare thing, Bra insists that people use the surname for her as her way of saying "don't you dare forget that I am every bit family to you as the rest of Goku's family". It's a sore spot for her due to the strangeness of how the two families are connected through Vegetto. The rarity of the existence of a surname only intensifies her desire to be called by it since it's a very defining characteristic of the members of Goku's family.

She could, obviously, not be as abrasive as she is about it, but that is her personality. She is abrasive.
It's not useless to compare them. Heck lets compare them to everybody else. Trunks, Gohan and Goten isn't like this. Even Bra when she's only the daughter of Vegeta isn't like this. Why should Bra that get at least half of Goku's gene be a super bitch all of a sudden?
It's useless to compare them as if they were the same person, like, for example, when we compare Gohan from universe 16 and to Gohan from universe 18. If we don't forget that the Bras are not the same person, but more like 3/4 sisters or something, then, sure.
Vegeta family have a surname too. Go identify wuth your owb family for god sake.
But the two families aren't connected anymore. They gave up that connection when Chichi gave up seeing her husband even after death. Bra is no way connected to Goku's family. As I said before she shouldn't have anymore connection with the Goku side of the family.
We all know Bra isn't the same person but people are asking why must she be a bitch when even the Bra with the father that's all yelling and being angry isn't a bitch. Makes no sense. And the special shows that she's being a bitch even when she's little. I mean really? That transformation is really super dissapointing. I mean going "Guh why can I never beat you!". At least be like Goten and Trunks with the transformation.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:47 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Man, even with Kid Bra, we're getting mid-driff shots galore...Anyone else bothered by that :crazy: ?

I mean... it's a md-driff? Personally, they disgust me whether I see them on adults or kids, but I don't see why anyone should be bothered, it's not a sexually explicit zone of the body.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:09 pm

My headcanon theory is that U18 Bra was raised primarily by Bulma, and U16 Bra was raised primarily by Vegetto. Don't know if this adds anything valuable to the disagreement.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:21 pm

fexus wrote:Vegeta family have a surname too.
No, they don't.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:17 am

Having a debate with myself between which thread contains more needless bitching: This one, or the DB Super manga thread.

Kami forbid the emphasis be put upon analysis or reasonable discussion.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:16 am

How can you compare nothing? :angel:
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:24 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
No, they don't.
You know I don't mean Vegeta himself. It's Bulma surname. Is that okay with you? Like Trunks Briefs, Bra should be Bra Briefs. And Vegeto too doesn't have a surname.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:25 am

Doctor. wrote:I mean... it's a md-driff? Personally, they disgust me whether I see them on adults or kids, but I don't see why anyone should be bothered, it's not a sexually explicit zone of the body.
No, it's not about the stomach itself. It's just...I have my suspicions about the way Salagir writes Bra, and WHY he writes her the way he does. The following is not what I sure is the case. The following is what I suspect to be the case, given the way this story has been written so far...

I don't believe that Bra is a Mary Sue. She isn't a Jerk Sue, a plain ol' Sue, an Evil Sue, or...any of the other myriad of sues out there. She was never meant to be a perfect character, nor was that ever Salagir's intent...

I DO, however, believe that Salagir really, REALLY likes her; way more so than even many of the canon characters. He likes the idea of a female Saiyan who can take butts and kick names. He likes the idea of writing a character who posesses all of Vegetto's power, and has the potential to surpass even him. He likes the idea of a character who can come up with all these amazing techniques that no one else knows. And most of all, I have a theory that Bra is an amalgamation of all the qualities that he fantasizes about in women.

1) She's got that "I don't take nonsense from nobody" attitude, which means she doesn't have any of those pesky "girlish" qualities that a lot of men have trouble dealing with in their relationships.

2) At the same time, she's also got some emotional baggage that's been alluded to in the past. In other words, she's the kind of woman who would potentially latch herself onto Salagir, instead of her otherwise being "out-of-his-league" (an idea I personally don't buy into, but a lot of people do). In his fantasy, he would make her feel real good about herself, and in-turn, he would always hold a place in her heart. Which is good, because...

3) She's smoking hot.

And that's part of what's bothering me. Again, he spent a good chunk of the last chapter drawing her in poses that emphasized the curvature of her hind-quarters and everything. And then we jump-cut immediately to the Bra special? Where she's going around with her mid-driff STILL exposed? It strikes me as a possible attempt at saying "See, see guys? Do you see how amazing she is? You can tell, even from an early age, that she'd grow up to be the awe-striking monument to amazonian beauty that we all know and love!"

In other words, he's always looking to portray Bra in the best possible light he possibly can. She's physically attractive, feisty, intelligent, cunning, all that good stuff. And he always wants to emphasize that even in a story where she's supposed to be just a kid. "Even as a child', Salagir says, 'she was destined for greatness! And beautiful to boot!"
Last edited by Fionordequester on Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:26 am

And I shall repeat: No, they don't.

Bulma. Brief. Trunks.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:44 am

No, they don't. Briefs is the name of Bulma's father, not his surname.
Last edited by rereboy on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:02 am

So basically, Fionordequester, you're saying Bra is Salagir's waifu?

I'm using that term correct, right?

Anyway, I'm personally not bothered by kid Bra's stomach being shown. I mean, I prefer to think it's only being drawn that way to show that Bra is a typical kid who wears loose, practical clothes and doesn't care as much about modesty.

So Bra turned Super Saiyan because she was upset she couldn't beat up her older half (sort of) brother? Well, that's at least a better reason than whatever triggered it for (kid) Trunks and Goten. It's also kind of hilarious.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:24 am

Er... No? Why would someone be bothered by that exactly?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:43 am

ParkerAL wrote:So basically, Fionordequester, you're saying Bra is Salagir's waifu?

I'm using that term correct, right?
For some reason I never thought of that, but it makes perfect sense. Multiverse Bra is Salagir's waifu as much as canon Bulla is my daughterfu.
yeah that's a word
ParkerAL wrote:So Bra turned Super Saiyan because she was upset she couldn't beat up her older half (sort of) brother? Well, that's at least a better reason than whatever triggered it for (kid) Trunks and Goten. It's also kind of hilarious.
I'm inclined to agree. At least she shows a reason, it's not just an "oh yeah I can just do it" like with Goten and Trunks. Though, following the pattern of it becoming easier and easier for the kids to transform, you'd think Multiverse Bra (and canon Bulla as well, really) was basically Super Saiyan at birth.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:47 pm

Uh...

I seriously doubt it was meant to be sexualized.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:37 pm

I will give credit though, we've gotten worse. I'm sure everyone here remembers the thing with the deer and Pan thing from GT? After I saw that, it was R.I.P Bansho64

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Bansho64 wrote:I will give credit though, we've gotten worse. I'm sure everyone here remembers the thing with the deer and Pan thing from GT? After I saw that, it was R.I.P Bansho64
I'm not particularly fond of the scene, but you gotta admit, Pan looks pretty cute there. :lol:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune