Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:53 am

ParkerAL wrote:Don't fighters in Dragon Ball Z hurl energy attacks at the ground all the time? Freeza had to deliberately charge up an attack with the right concentration of ki in order to blow up Namek. Unless Bra is so poorly trained at this point in her life that she doesn't know how to hold back properly, the Earth should be fine. Theoretically, at least.
When they do aimed at the ground, it is usually curved or exploded on impact so it only does surface damaged. Penetration blasts or large energy balls can cause a planet to planet. I think Gohan is tell Bra not to aim at the ground because she clearly shows she has no self-control and can accidentally destroy the planet.
TonyTheTiger wrote:For what it's worth, adult Bra doesn't seem quite as callously reckless so there's some character development happening here. It actually might be kind of neat to see Bra as a kind of deconstruction of Goku and Vegeta's parenting--what a superhuman child would actually be like with a father who only gave a shit about fighting. I doubt it'll go in that direction but I think that would be an angle worth exploring.
I wouldn't call it a a deconstruction of Goku or Vegeta's parenting style.

Goku raised Gohan for four years without training him, granted most of that was Chi-Chi, but it shows that Goku can parent outside of training his child. He also did other stuff with Gohan that didn't involved training like fishing and camping. I will assumed Goten is the same way. In fact, we only see Goku personally train Goten a few times and most of it is play fight.

Vegeta didn't really train Trunks since he didn't even know he could become a Super Saiyan and in Super we see him do fatherly stuff with Trunks like take him on vacation or go to his soccer games.

Even then, Goku and Vegeta would knocked their child out if they were as callous and disrespectful as Bra.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:49 pm

Well now Bra isn't just unlikable but also stupid. :clap: I like how they always find a way to make Bra looks even worse than she already is.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:04 pm

The people calling Bra stupid do know the whole point is that she knows Gohan is going to block the attack. It's to get him open for another attack.

It's dumb to gamble on the Earth like that but her line of thinking on point.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:55 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:The people calling Bra stupid do know the whole point is that she knows Gohan is going to block the attack. It's to get him open for another attack.

We don't know that. She might be literally crazy for all we know. Even more so when she said there are no rules in a fight. Especially when this is not even a real fight.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:35 am

fexus wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:The people calling Bra stupid do know the whole point is that she knows Gohan is going to block the attack. It's to get him open for another attack.

We don't know that. She might be literally crazy for all we know. Even more so when she said there are no rules in a fight. Especially when this is not even a real fight.
We do know Bra is betting on Gohan leaving himself open to block the shot to the Earth. It's why she stops and powers up an attack instead of spamming him while he guard is down and takes the time to talk back to him.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:13 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: We do know Bra is betting on Gohan leaving himself open to block the shot to the Earth. It's why she stops and powers up an attack instead of spamming him while he guard is down and takes the time to talk back to him.
Then why the hell did she say there are no rules in a fight? Maybe she really did bet the safety of the earth just to win a spar. But if you tell anybody that, I absolutely sure they would call her crazy. There are absolutely a lot of other ways to distract Gohan. Maybe shoot her energy blast to the nearest town for instance. But that would be crazy to. Understand?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:53 am

I don't know if Bra was counting on Gohan to stop the blasts, but in that scenario her "no rule" phrase would refer to putting the planet in danger just to surprise the adversary.

In any case, it's been obvious since the Broly fight that her rage severely affects her judgement and that is the point of this.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:27 pm

rereboy wrote:I don't know if Bra was counting on Gohan to stop the blasts, but in that scenario her "no rule" phrase would refer to putting the planet in danger just to surprise the adversary.

In any case, it's been obvious since the Broly fight that her rage severely affects her judgement and that is the point of this.
This probably would show a similar scenario with Broli getting sent to Earth instead of Goku and getting the head injury. Even if he turned out like Goku, he'd still have some issues with his power.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:07 pm

Actually, it's not just Saiyan Saga Vegeta who was that crazy, he was willing to blow up Namek to destroy Freeza, he got over that tantrum in Cel Saga, being careful with Final Flash to not blow up planet :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:14 pm

coola wrote:Actually, it's not just Saiyan Saga Vegeta who was that crazy, he was willing to blow up Namek to destroy Freeza, he got over that tantrum in Cel Saga, being careful with Final Flash to not blow up planet :)
In the case of Freeza, that was all he had left after he threw everything else. The same with Cell. Saiyan Saga Vegeta was willing to blow up the Earth because Goku made him bleed.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:40 am

And every time he never considered his own safety. Silly Vegeta. XD

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:10 pm

Come to think of it, why did Vegetto become the Space Police anyways? Goku and Vegeta's motivations for heroism never expanded beyond the planet they're living on, I don't see how the amalgam of those two would consider galactic peace as something to do.

Now, Space Hobos yes. Travelling around, searching for opponents, finding themsleves in situations where they save planets, but are actually fighting for themselves with no care of the others, sure, but as an ambassador as was shown in the first U16 special, and fighting wars that have nothing remotely to do with them, or their family, or Earth? no.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:15 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Come to think of it, why did Vegetto become the Space Police anyways? Goku and Vegeta's motivations for heroism never expanded beyond the planet they're living on, I don't see how the amalgam of those two would consider galactic peace as something to do.
If I recall correctly the gods basically forced him.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:18 pm

Relevant post from Opiomorph, on the DBM Comments section:

Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Come to think of it, why did Vegetto become the Space Police anyways? Goku and Vegeta's motivations for heroism never expanded beyond the planet they're living on, I don't see how the amalgam of those two would consider galactic peace as something to do.
If I recall correctly the gods basically forced him.
The gods he could kill because Beers doesn't exist in here other than as a one off? Old Kai and Supreme Kai, those gods, forced Vegetto to be their agent?

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:45 pm

Why would he kill them? Last I checked he was still a good guy...

(Yeah, there's been hints that he has a dark side and could snap at some point in the future, but that hasn't happened yet.)

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Why would he kill them? Last I checked he was still a good guy...

(Yeah, there's been hints that he has a dark side and could snap at some point in the future, but that hasn't happened yet.)
I'm not saying he would kill them. What I'm saying is, Supreme Kai can't tell Vegetto what to do. Vegetto would want to be their agent, because Supreme Kai is nowhere near his league to force him to do it.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:26 pm

I'm the only one cheering for Gohan to hurt Bra pretty bad?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:15 pm

Noah wrote:I'm the only one cheering for Gohan to hurt Bra pretty bad?
Probably not, but I'm the opposite. :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:30 pm

Everything makes her mad now. Wouldn't be surprised if she blow up a city just because her favourite food is out of stock.
And police Vegeto? Why just why? Being an ambassador is one thing but being some kind of police force is another. We have the galactic patrol for a reason. And unless Vegeto is taking orders from the galactic king, I don't he will be doing that.