Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4261
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:46 pm

fexus wrote:We have the galactic patrol for a reason.
But Multiverse doesn't include the new material, unless they have Jaco? I vaguely recall seeing him from U2, though I may be wrong.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4488
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:01 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
fexus wrote:We have the galactic patrol for a reason.
But Multiverse doesn't include the new material, unless they have Jaco? I vaguely recall seeing him from U2, though I may be wrong.
Jaco and Beers were added after the fact as nods, Jaco as U2, Beers as a member of the audience (which...well he should have killed Buu when he went crazy, but let's not think about that). So Galactic Patrol, and other new material like Gine, SSJGod, and Blue hair Trunks (thank kami) don't exist in DBM's main continuity.

User avatar
Pantalones
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Pantalones » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:03 am

Beers as a member of the audience (which...well he should have killed Buu when he went crazy, but let's not think about that)
He slept through that part. Whoops. XD

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4488
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:13 am

Pantalones wrote:
Beers as a member of the audience (which...well he should have killed Buu when he went crazy, but let's not think about that)
He slept through that part. Whoops. XD
rofl. okay, that's kind of funny. :lol:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:38 am

fexus wrote:Everything makes her mad now. Wouldn't be surprised if she blow up a city just because her favourite food is out of stock.
And police Vegeto? Why just why? Being an ambassador is one thing but being some kind of police force is another. We have the galactic patrol for a reason. And unless Vegeto is taking orders from the galactic king, I don't he will be doing that.
It makes way more sense for him to be interested in being some kind of enforcer than a diplomatic ambassador. He is built to fight, not talk pleasantries.

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4488
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:36 am

rereboy wrote:
fexus wrote:Everything makes her mad now. Wouldn't be surprised if she blow up a city just because her favourite food is out of stock.
And police Vegeto? Why just why? Being an ambassador is one thing but being some kind of police force is another. We have the galactic patrol for a reason. And unless Vegeto is taking orders from the galactic king, I don't he will be doing that.
It makes way more sense for him to be interested in being some kind of enforcer than a diplomatic ambassador. He is built to fight, not talk pleasantries.
He shouldn't be interested in either. Goku and Vegeta's altruism only extended as far as Earth.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:45 am

FoolsGil wrote:
He shouldn't be interested in either. Goku and Vegeta's altruism only extended as far as Earth.
Vegetto wouldn't be interested in being an enforcer out of the goodness of his heart, but because he is bored and by being an enforcer in all corners of the universe he could, occasionally, find some slight entertainment. However, even if we think he wouldn't be interested in either, if he had to choose, he would still choose to be an enforcer before he chose to be a diplomatic ambassador.

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4488
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:51 am

rereboy wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
He shouldn't be interested in either. Goku and Vegeta's altruism only extended as far as Earth.
Vegetto wouldn't be interested in being an enforcer out of the goodness of his heart, but because he is bored and by being an enforcer in all corners of the universe he could, occasionally, find some slight entertainment. However, even if we think he wouldn't be interested in either, if he had to choose, he would still choose to be an enforcer before he chose to be a diplomatic ambassador.
Space Hobo's where it's at. All the excitement, all the travel, none of the galactic police stuff that should be against their personality and values.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:20 am

FoolsGil wrote:
Space Hobo's where it's at. All the excitement, all the travel, none of the galactic police stuff that should be against their personality and values.
It's not against Vegetto's personality to help others. The job is just a convenient way of making him aware of occurrences that might be somewhat entertaining, as oppose to just fly into space blind. In all probability, Vegetto can even choose exactly the assignments than he wants and what he wants to do.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7944
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:53 pm

Thing is, Goku was bored at EOZ and he never considered being the space police. I also can't see the Kais forcing a mortal do their jobs.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
ParkerAL
Regular
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ParkerAL » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:18 am

HeroR wrote:Thing is, Goku was bored at EOZ and he never considered being the space police. I also can't see the Kais forcing a mortal do their jobs.
It isn't even their job to enforce laws in the universe to begin with. They're supposed to sit on the sidelines and not do anything unless it threatens the universe's existence. Otherwise, they're mostly portrayed in the series letting mortals run free. Planetary wars shouldn't concern them any more than a jaywalker would.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:02 am

HeroR wrote:Thing is, Goku was bored at EOZ and he never considered being the space police. I also can't see the Kais forcing a mortal do their jobs.
No one said to him: "hey, if there's some troublesome strong guy causing problems somewhere in the universe, would you want me to contact you so that you could go fight and stop him?"

If somebody told him that in those terms, I don't see Goku turning it down, he would probably be excited. Of course he wouldn't be interested in regular police patrol, even on the universal scale, but if it was put to him on those terms, he would be interested.

User avatar
BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:45 am
Location: Southern Galaxy
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:19 am

This is post is almost at 1,000,000 views.
Dragon Ball Multiverse (Not the comics)<Where to find me!
"GROWING STRONGER! YES...STRONGER!-Broly

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7944
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:29 am

ParkerAL wrote:
HeroR wrote:Thing is, Goku was bored at EOZ and he never considered being the space police. I also can't see the Kais forcing a mortal do their jobs.
It isn't even their job to enforce laws in the universe to begin with. They're supposed to sit on the sidelines and not do anything unless it threatens the universe's existence. Otherwise, they're mostly portrayed in the series letting mortals run free. Planetary wars shouldn't concern them any more than a jaywalker would.
In Multiverse, the Kais can take an active role in the mortal realm. The Kais of U1 and U10 killed anyone they saw as a threat like Bibidi with Majin Buu, the original Super Saiyan, Broly, the entire Freeza family, ect. So in Multiverse, Vegetto is doing the gods' job.
rereboy wrote:
No one said to him: "hey, if there's some troublesome strong guy causing problems somewhere in the universe, would you want me to contact you so that you could go fight and stop him?"

If somebody told him that in those terms, I don't see Goku turning it down, he would probably be excited. Of course he wouldn't be interested in regular police patrol, even on the universal scale, but if it was put to him on those terms, he would be interested.
That only really happened in the movies. Goku isn't on speed dial to deal with local trouble or even universal problems that aren't related to the Earth. Rememeber, in-universe in Toriyama's work, Goku is known as the guy who defeated Freeza and Majin Buu, which kept Freeza's remaining forces away from Earth for years. Yet, no one called him up to deal with, say, the remnants of Freeza's army.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:53 am

HeroR wrote:
ParkerAL wrote:
HeroR wrote:Thing is, Goku was bored at EOZ and he never considered being the space police. I also can't see the Kais forcing a mortal do their jobs.
It isn't even their job to enforce laws in the universe to begin with. They're supposed to sit on the sidelines and not do anything unless it threatens the universe's existence. Otherwise, they're mostly portrayed in the series letting mortals run free. Planetary wars shouldn't concern them any more than a jaywalker would.
In Multiverse, the Kais can take an active role in the mortal realm. The Kais of U1 and U10 killed anyone they saw as a threat like Bibidi with Majin Buu, the original Super Saiyan, Broly, the entire Freeza family, ect. So in Multiverse, Vegetto is doing the gods' job.
rereboy wrote:
No one said to him: "hey, if there's some troublesome strong guy causing problems somewhere in the universe, would you want me to contact you so that you could go fight and stop him?"

If somebody told him that in those terms, I don't see Goku turning it down, he would probably be excited. Of course he wouldn't be interested in regular police patrol, even on the universal scale, but if it was put to him on those terms, he would be interested.
That only really happened in the movies. Goku isn't on speed dial to deal with local trouble or even universal problems that aren't related to the Earth. Rememeber, in-universe in Toriyama's work, Goku is known as the guy who defeated Freeza and Majin Buu, which kept Freeza's remaining forces away from Earth for years. Yet, no one called him up to deal with, say, the remnants of Freeza's army.
Granted, but my point stands, I believe. Even Goku, with slightly different circunstances, as simple as somebody telling him what I quoted, would be interested.

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4488
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:35 pm

Image

Big Brother was merciful. That's what happened you little turd...

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4261
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:39 pm

So, chapter over, right? :lol:
Bra should keep her hair like that, though.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Cetra » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Vegeto calls his own daughter by her surname? Oh man. Not even in all seriousness I would do that. And yes, there is a difference between using the full first name to express seriousness and the full full name.^

Not that I never heard it in movies, but still ...
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

User avatar
Marco Polo
I Live Here
Posts: 2965
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: France

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Dende still a midget...

User avatar
ParkerAL
Regular
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ParkerAL » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:45 pm

The panels in this page really jump around. There really should have been a least one transitional panel between those two beams meeting and Bra being overwhelmed. It feels like we're missing too much material in between.

Ideally, the lookout scene would have happened on the next page, to provide a stronger pacing break between the fight and its aftermath. But I guess the artist is probably working with a strict page limit.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Post Reply