Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4488
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:24 pm

rereboy wrote: You have no idea what strategies Vegetto used in regards to Bra and if he didn't try several things, "pivoting" between them as you mentioned. He was there for two and half days, not just a few hours. You just saw him losing patience after two and half days and seem to be assuming that he was one-note during all that time.
You're right on that. I don't know what Vegetto did. But based on what we know from DBM, we can predict his attempts were Vegeta like or just madness, and seeing how Gohan easily assessed the situation, we can predict that Vegetto's attempts were missing the Goku aspects.

User avatar
fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by fexus » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:39 pm

rereboy wrote:
fexus wrote:Why the hell should the Vegeta side be more dominant.
The point is that he isn't actually dominant. The middle ground between being patient and being very impatient is being kind of impatient.
fexus wrote:What Vegito should have acted like is that he would get angry but quickly calm back down and started teaching again.
He was there for two and half days. Surely what you described happened numerous times or else he would have left much earlier.
Being kind of impatient doesn't mean you quit. If Gohan of all people can suddenly make quick work of Bra, Vegtto should of made it much easier. He have both Goku and Vegeta inside him. He should have memories of of both. And this Vegeta isn't the same son hating Vegeta we have before. This is blow up Vegeta. Much nicer. It just seem that all they want is the arrogant side of the personality and not everything.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:26 am

FoolsGil wrote:
You're right on that. I don't know what Vegetto did. But based on what we know from DBM, we can predict his attempts were Vegeta like or just madness, and seeing how Gohan easily assessed the situation, we can predict that Vegetto's attempts were missing the Goku aspects.
I honestly think you were exaggerating here. I don't see Vegetto going Vegeta-mode or being mad for 2.5 straight days without quitting earlier than that. The logical scenario, imo, is that he tried several things, several ways to get her mad to go SSJ, several ways to get through to her and motivate her and getting her used to her SSJ, but he wasn't as effective as Gohan is in dealing with Bra and he isn't as patient.
fexus wrote:Being kind of impatient doesn't mean you quit.
After 2.5 straight days of mounting frustration, it kinda does. If his patience was always greater than his frustration, than I see no other term for him than "patient".

User avatar
fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by fexus » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:09 am

rereboy wrote:
fexus wrote:Being kind of impatient doesn't mean you quit.
After 2.5 straight days of mounting frustration, it kinda does. If his patience was always greater than his frustration, than I see no other term for him than "patient".
I'm going to say this again. Being kind of impatient doesn't mean you quit. This is both Goku's and Vegeta's spirit combined. If you say that that Vegeta also easily gives up you are quite wrong. This is also the Vegeta that sacrificed himself for his child. Not the don't care kind. Goku knows how to make people mad. And having memories of both, making Bra mad should be quite easy. You know what I see here? I see that Salagir is insisting that his Bra is special. The very specialist.
Sure liking the manga is fine but when you try to actively defend the writing here when it is quite abysmal is just infuriating. Try to admit that sometimes Salagir can do something wrong.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:11 am

fexus wrote: Sure liking the manga is fine but when you try to actively defend the writing here when it is quite abysmal is just infuriating. Try to admit that sometimes Salagir can do something wrong.
I've been participating in this topic for years, I've already posted my criticisms regarding this fan manga multiple times, and every time I disagree with someone I do so with logic and by providing arguments for what I said. Just because my opinion doesn't seem to be very popular in this topic because I take into consideration that this is a fan manga and, thus, I usually only find the need to criticize things that could easily be better or that aren't good even for a fan manga, or, in other words, because I don't really like bashing and prefer a more fair and level-headed approach to things that takes everything into consideration, it doesn't mean that I'm saying that this fan manga can't "do something wrong". That is just erroneous logic and is, quite frankly, ridiculous. Especially since this is a special chapter and I've already stated many times that the specials shouldn't even be considered part of DBM because they are literally just filler to stall for time and are usually inferior to the main chapters in pretty much everything, which is why I usually disregard them.

Regarding Vegetto's characterization however, I've already stated my thoughts. Imo, the middle term between Goku and Vegeta in this particular aspect is someone who isn't as patient as Goku but isn't nearly so impatient as Vegeta, meaning that it would be someone somewhat impatient. And I'm talking about Buu arc Vegeta here because, even though he had improved compared to before, he was still very impatient. Also, we can't confuse not quitting in general with not having patience in general. Vegeta would never quit his own training, for example, but I'm not talking about that kind of patience or persistence. I'm talking about having the patience to deal with others, namely kids, and especially someone like Bra. Finally, like I pointed out, nothing in the comic says that Vegetto only took a one-note approach during the whole 2.5 days and that he didn't try various things. What the comic seems to show us is that Vegetto had the patience to try for 2.5 straight days but he wasn't as effective as Gohan in dealing with Bra and then he ran out of patience, and that's it.

Imo, that falls in line with him being a middle ground between the two. In fact, there has been at least a moment in the main chapters where Vegetto is worse than what is portrayed here (when he raged after losing his battle), but that can be explained with the worsening of his character after all these years without any challenge. After all, it was noted in the final chapters of the manga that even Goku hadn't been quite the same for a while until the prospect of Uub came along. And if we go with that, then this factor is also relevant for his special chapter, even though not as many years have passed.

If you want to disagree with that and state that Vegetto is out of character or something similar, you are free to do so, but, once again, I've disagreed using logic and by providing arguments for what I said.

User avatar
fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by fexus » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:03 pm

rereboy wrote:
fexus wrote: Sure liking the manga is fine but when you try to actively defend the writing here when it is quite abysmal is just infuriating. Try to admit that sometimes Salagir can do something wrong.
I've been participating in this topic for years, I've already posted my criticisms regarding this fan manga multiple times, and every time I disagree with someone I do so with logic and by providing arguments for what I said. Just because my opinion doesn't seem to be very popular in this topic because I take into consideration that this is a fan manga and, thus, I usually only find the need to criticize things that could easily be better or that aren't good even for a fan manga, or, in other words, because I don't really like bashing and prefer a more fair and level-headed approach to things that takes everything into consideration, it doesn't mean that I'm saying that this fan manga can't "do something wrong". That is just erroneous logic and is, quite frankly, ridiculous. Especially since this is a special chapter and I've already stated many times that the specials shouldn't even be considered part of DBM because they are literally just filler to stall for time and are usually inferior to the main chapters in pretty much everything, which is why I usually disregard them.

Regarding Vegetto's characterization however, I've already stated my thoughts. Imo, the middle term between Goku and Vegeta in this particular aspect is someone who isn't as patient as Goku but isn't nearly so impatient as Vegeta, meaning that it would be someone somewhat impatient. And I'm talking about Buu arc Vegeta here because, even though he had improved compared to before, he was still very impatient. Also, we can't confuse not quitting in general with not having patience in general. Vegeta would never quit his own training, for example, but I'm not talking about that kind of patience or persistence. I'm talking about having the patience to deal with others, namely kids, and especially someone like Bra. Finally, like I pointed out, nothing in the comic says that Vegetto only took a one-note approach during the whole 2.5 days and that he didn't try various things. What the comic seems to show us is that Vegetto had the patience to try for 2.5 straight days but he wasn't as effective as Gohan in dealing with Bra and then he ran out of patience, and that's it.

Imo, that falls in line with him being a middle ground between the two. In fact, there has been at least a moment in the main chapters where Vegetto is worse than what is portrayed here (when he raged after losing his battle), but that can be explained with the worsening of his character after all these years without any challenge. After all, it was noted in the final chapters of the manga that even Goku hadn't been quite the same for a while until the prospect of Uub came along. And if we go with that, then this factor is also relevant for his special chapter, even though not as many years have passed.

If you want to disagree with that and state that Vegetto is out of character or something similar, you are free to do so, but, once again, I've disagreed using logic and by providing arguments for what I said.
Yes , you've been providing quite a few criticism but those few is just that, few. You've been a lot more defending this rather than criticizing it. You don't need to bash it but as you said a more fair and level-headed approach. But that doesn't mean actively defending this when Salagir is obviously trying to push his Bra character the best after years trying to push that his fancomic version is the strongest.

Vegeta doesn't hate kids. You need to try to understand that there's no evidence that this Vegeta after his explosion have no patience with children. Heck didn't Trunks train with him? Saying that he have no patience at all with kids is ludicrous.

Never said that Vegetto in the main chapters was more accurate. I'm talking about now. We haven't had Vegetto in the main chapters for a while now.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

User avatar
TonyTheTiger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1551
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TonyTheTiger » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:55 pm

Vegetto is a weak character anyway. He's a plot device. Even in DBM he's a plot device, existing just to get his ass kicked. I do think the insinuation that he's going to turn heel would be terrible if it turns out to be true but I don't necessarily have a beef with him getting annoyed with Bra. It played out more like a joke than anything serious. That said, Salagir would be better off picking a characterization and sticking with it, even if it does turn out to be more Goku or Vegeta than vice versa. Trying to pick and mix between the two does indeed make him look bipolar. I'd settle for a Goku who's just a little bit more smug. I think this page nails it:

Image

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:59 pm

fexus wrote: Yes , you've been providing quite a few criticism but those few is just that, few. You've been a lot more defending this rather than criticizing it. You don't need to bash it but as you said a more fair and level-headed approach. But that doesn't mean actively defending this when Salagir is obviously trying to push his Bra character the best after years trying to push that his fancomic version is the strongest.
I don't keep track of the times that I criticize DBM or the times I disagree with someone here in this topic. If I end up disagreeing with someone in this topic more often than I criticize DBM, that's simply because I don't feel that DBM, as the fan manga that it is, really needs criticism as often as people say things here that I don't agree with and I feel like commenting. Just because I have another opinion it doesn't mean I'm defending anything.
Vegeta doesn't hate kids. You need to try to understand that there's no evidence that this Vegeta after his explosion have no patience with children. Heck didn't Trunks train with him? Saying that he have no patience at all with kids is ludicrous.
Never said that Vegeta hated kids or that he has no patience at all for kids. I said that Buu arc Vegeta wouldn't last nearly as much as Vegetto with Bra, and that Goku obviously would last more. Vegeta didn't radically change his personality or how he deals with people after the explosion, he just became better.
Never said that Vegetto in the main chapters was more accurate. I'm talking about now. We haven't had Vegetto in the main chapters for a while now.
I was just contextualizing and showing you a little of what I think about the extremes of his characterization in the comic, not just the special.
TonyTheTiger wrote:Vegetto is a weak character anyway. He's a plot device.
That is mostly true, yes. In the actual manga he was also pretty much a plot device.

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4488
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:07 pm

Image

I hope Gohan is skipping the purge of the albino namekians...

User avatar
Alruneia
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Alruneia » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:00 pm

FoolsGil wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I hope Gohan is skipping the purge of the albino namekians...
You say that as if it's not Multiverse Bra's favourite part. :P
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 73 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link (Ooh, Part 6 anime confirmed. Anyway, currently on hiatus.)
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link

User avatar
MozillaVulpix
Regular
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by MozillaVulpix » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:26 am

Damn it, I've had that exact headcanon between Bra and Pan. Except in reverse, given that Bra probably wouldn't train in the main timeline.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

User avatar
coola
I Live Here
Posts: 3078
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Poland

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by coola » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:43 am

I wonder why sometimes you can't copy address of page, and letter fonts are different? As for page, very adorable and sweet, Pan must borrowed that backpack from Gohan :)
Image
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I Live Here
Posts: 2225
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Bra's problem as a character in universe comes from Vegito. Gohan has her far more calmed down.

User avatar
Draconic
I Live Here
Posts: 2028
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:44 pm
Location: Romania

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Draconic » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:46 pm

I hate Bra with a passion, but that moment with Pan is one of the sweetest things I've seen in Multiverse. This relationship might turn around completely my opinion on her if it's explored further. She'd basically be reverse-Vegeta (Vegeta is chill around anyone else but loses it around Goku, Pan loses it at anybody, but is cool with Pan).
English is not my first language !

My breakdown of the new and old transformations. Hope to update it soon with many others!

User avatar
Scarz
I Live Here
Posts: 3382
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 am
Location: New York

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Scarz » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Two things about this page that sticks out to me the most, M&Ms and handsome Gohan.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7946
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:08 am

For all the flack I give Multiverse, I do like how they present Gohan and Pan. Gohan reminds me so much of Goku in those moments and Pan is just so cute. Which makes me wonder, why is Multiverse's version of Vegetto and Bra so screwed up?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7748
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:09 pm

I really liked when Gohan took a role as a mentor for a brief in that Tarble special, too bad they didn't keep it as this, it would be a good role for him, he is pretty intelligent and made a book about the Ki after all (DBO chronology)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5544
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:56 am

Awww Pan is so precious

User avatar
coola
I Live Here
Posts: 3078
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Poland

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by coola » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Image
Nice attention to detail, Super Famicom was probably more popular than Saturn/PSX in 1995, when last manga chapter was released, Piccolo, why you just stand there in 3rd panel? :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

User avatar
Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 499
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Rubens » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:42 pm

I really like how Piccolo's cape is drawn in the last panel.
Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.


Also a Berserk fan!

Post Reply