Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:19 pm

rereboy wrote:I've just given you an explanation that makes sense, one that has existed in the fandom for a long time to explain how Goten and Trunks are so strong in the Buu saga, and the one that DBM seems to use: a stronger saiyan has a better change of producing a stronger/higher potential offspring. Therefore, Bra should be that strong considering how strong Vegetto is.
Goten and Trunks were horribly written JUST like Bra is in DBM.

Toriyama only making Goten and Trunks SSJ without any proper training like Gohan did in the RoSAT was just an ass pull because the entire Boo arc was just rushed to the point that Toriyama just wanted to end it all. And that makes no sense. Just because both Goku and Vegeta were strong when Trunks and Goten were conceived somehow made them into Super Saiyans? Vegeta wasn't even a Super Saiyan by the time he and Bulma conceived Trunks. Goten, ok, I'll give you that even though that's still a shit reasoning but that shouldn't apply to Trunks. At that point it was basically as Vegeta said, a bargain sale for Super Saiyans because that's what it was.

Not really, you just looked at how things work in another completely different manga like it had any kind of influence on how things work in Dragon Ball. It's the equivalent of me looking at Toriko and realizing that eating rare foodstuff makes you strong and that most of the fighters are possessed by gourmet demons, and thus that should have a part of have any kind of influence in Dragon Ball or DBM.
It's common sense that the same rule doesn't only apply to Naruto but to other manga/books/television shows as well. Hell some children even HATE when others around them have expectations of their powers/talents because of who their parents are and I'd have to honestly agree with them.

You want to say that we're blindly bashing on Bra (even though some of us clearly aren't), well some of you lot who support Bra are blindly supporting her and just using the poor we "hate on Bra just cause" argument against us.

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4488
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:45 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Maybe it's time for Salagir to look into patreon.
And risk getting sued by the DB rights holder? Not a good idea.
I don't see TFS having to worry about that.

User avatar
Marco Polo
I Live Here
Posts: 2965
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: France

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:51 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Maybe it's time for Salagir to look into patreon.
And risk getting sued by the DB rights holder? Not a good idea.
I don't see TFS having to worry about that.
They have a Patreon? Regardless, TFS are doing parodies, which are exempt from copyright infringement.

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4488
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:53 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Marco Polo wrote: And risk getting sued by the DB rights holder? Not a good idea.
I don't see TFS having to worry about that.
They have a Patreon? Regardless, TFS are doing parodies, which are exempt from copyright infringement.
DBM can also be considered a parody

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7747
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:54 pm

FoolsGil wrote:I don't see TFS having to worry about that.
Because they have contacts, therefore is a different story
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4488
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:55 pm

Noah wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I don't see TFS having to worry about that.
Because they have contacts, therefore is a different story
What does that mean? What contacts?

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4261
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:30 pm

ryou766 wrote:I never understood this reason. It shouldn't matter who your parents are, it doesn't define your strengths aside from you being a Saiyan. Manga like Naruto actually specified this.
Just because it doesn't in Naruto doesn't mean it doesn't in Dragon Ball, at least in Multiverse.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
ryou766 wrote:I never understood this reason. It shouldn't matter who your parents are, it doesn't define your strengths aside from you being a Saiyan. Manga like Naruto actually specified this.
Just because it doesn't in Naruto doesn't mean it doesn't in Dragon Ball, at least in Multiverse.
I just responded to this argument, read above.

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4261
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:42 pm

ryou766 wrote:I just responded to this argument, read above.
Yeah, I know, but that doesn't counter the argument. Only someone in Dragon Ball and certain other manga/anime can get many several times stronger by just training. You wouldn't apply that to a casual anime when a character happens to want to train for a fight. But before you try to counter this as well, also remember that Vegetto has probably been training Bra very intensely for essentially her entire life. So she obviously is going to be pre~etty strong.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:44 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
ryou766 wrote:I just responded to this argument, read above.
Yeah, I know, but that doesn't counter the argument. Only someone in Dragon Ball and certain other manga/anime can get many several times stronger by just training. You wouldn't apply that to a casual anime when a character happens to want to train for a fight. But before you try to counter this as well, also remember that Vegetto has probably been training Bra very intensely for essentially her entire life. So she obviously is going to be pre~etty strong.
You just completely missed my entire point. I already said that if she attained some power and somehow tapped into her hidden potential because of training, then I would have no problem with it. MY issue is that she's THIS strong because of who her PARENTS are! That should not be the case. You just completely contradicted yourself from your old post - you said she's mainly strong because she's the daughter of Vegetto - Yeah, who cares? That shouldn't define her strength.

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4261
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:55 pm

ryou766 wrote:You just completely contradicted yourself from your old post - you said she's mainly strong because she's the daughter of Vegetto - Yeah, who cares? That shouldn't define her strength.
Why? She's the daughter of Vegetto. Of course she's going to be strong. She's probably been training her whole life.
This is what I wrote. My point is with how strong Vegetto is (and who he is), he's expected to train Bra as hard as he can. If she's been training her whole life, that should be enough to conclude that she's been pushed far beyond what many others are capable of. Do you see what I'm saying now?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:58 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:This is what I wrote. My point is with how strong Vegetto is (and who he is), he's expected to train Bra as hard as he can. If she's been training her whole life, that should be enough to conclude that she's been pushed far beyond what many others are capable of. Do you see what I'm saying now?
You said, "She's the daughter of Vegetto, OF COURSE she's going to be strong." What kind of argument is that? That shouldn't matter. Yes, it'd make sense that she would be strong if she willingly TRAINED with Vegetto, but just because that's her father? No. You need to word what you say more properly so that others could get a better interpretation of what you're trying to say.

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4261
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:03 pm

ryou766 wrote:You said, "She's the daughter of Vegetto, OF COURSE she's going to be strong." What kind of argument is that? That shouldn't matter. Yes, it'd make sense that she would be strong if she willingly TRAINED with Vegetto, but just because that's her father? No.

You need to word what you say more properly so that others could get a better interpretation of what you're trying to say.
Because we know that both Goku and Vegeta will train nonstop, so a Fusion should be expected to want to train even more, as Vegetto has both Goku's and Vegeta's personalities within him, and he'd be even more motivated to get stronger because he already is strong, which is also from his original fusees.

I know, I do. I try. :cry:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7747
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:03 pm

ryou766 wrote:You said, "She's the daughter of Vegetto, OF COURSE she's going to be strong." What kind of argument is that? That shouldn't matter.
Why not? It is established in the series that hybrids have more potential than full-bloods, so for you to think that a hybrid of a fusion should not be so powerful is silly thinking.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Noah wrote:
ryou766 wrote:You said, "She's the daughter of Vegetto, OF COURSE she's going to be strong." What kind of argument is that? That shouldn't matter.
Why not? It is estabilished in the series that hybrid have more potential than full-bloods so for you to think that a hybrid of a fusion should not be so powerful is silly thinking.
Don't tell me what I've already stated in earlier posts - I was the one to point that out for gods sake. Yes it'd make sense for Bra to have some hidden potential that'd surpass full blooded Saiyans, everyone and their mother knows that it's logical. But for her to have the feats that she does currently that surpasses anything we've seen of the hybrids in the series? Also, like I've said for the billionth time, it shouldn't matter who her parents are. That's just a bullshit reason to explain her ridiculous feats. It's not silly thinking, it's seeing past all the bull.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7747
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:14 pm

ryou766 wrote:Don't tell me what I've already stated in earlier posts - I was the one to point that out for gods sake. Yes it'd make sense for Bra to have some hidden potential that'd surpass full blooded Saiyans, everyone and their mother knows that it's logical. But for her to have the feats that she does currently that surpasses anything we've seen of the hybrids in the series? Also, like I've said for the billionth time, it shouldn't matter who her parents are. That's just a bullshit reason to explain her ridiculous feats. It's not silly thinking, it's seeing past all the bull.
Dude, relax, drink some water. You do have some valid points to argue about, but I think it's enough for a day

DBM has ridiculous things like Broly matching Vegetto (after having trained 20 years post Boo) power, a fusion of all namekians ending being stronger than Boo, Prince Vegeta to pull out SSJ2 and SSJ3 out of his ass, but Bra is the minor BS we had until now, I do agree she as a kid being strong as Gotenks is stupid, but whatever (can't wait for rereboy reply)
Last edited by Noah on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:20 pm

The whole "because she's Vegetto's daughter and that explains her feats" rebuttal infuriates me because it brings back the bad memories of Fairy Tail's "Because she's Erza" nonsense. It makes her character so lame and boring and above all else, annoying. I appreciate and like the idea that the author wanted to have a bad ass chick in the series and change from how she is in GT, but he honestly favors her too much and makes her character lack characterization. I haven't read DBM since that asspull ending of the Cold fight and from seeing these flashback panels, I'm glad I stopped.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2821
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:12 am

...Huh. Well that was different:

Image

Not sure how I feel about this...I mean, it seems like he's straight-up telling his readers that Bra's gonna stay the way she is, but...at least he's doing it in a joking way. Honestly, just the fact that he's acknowledging how we feel is enough to placate me slightly, even if I don't like it; but then, I used to not mind Bra's character. It wasn't until her fight with Cold that I ran out of excuses for her.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4488
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:30 am

He knows he can get away talking like that to us too. As much as we love and support the other webcomics around here, DBM has multi updates a week. What else are we going to read to get our fix that has 10+ years of updates?

Still, what an ass.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2821
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:44 am

FoolsGil wrote:He knows he can get away talking like that to us too. As much as we love and support the other webcomics around here, DBM has multi updates a week. What else are we going to read to get our fix that has 10+ years of updates?

Still, what an ass.
I KNOW! I mean, he's already got the Triforce! He's got immortality, wisdom, AND all of Link's awesome swag, so none of this was even justified! No need to bother with any of this "Revenge Death Ball" nonsense, just gather some Light Arrows, shoot em, and call it a day. Dude took the easy way out, that's what he did :crazy:
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Post Reply