Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:55 am

rereboy wrote:
It's been known from the start that DBM only takes into account the manga and some anime movies that they have adapted to fit. They ignore the rest. Beerus was only used as a funny cameo.
True, but irony is still funny.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:25 am

FoolsGil wrote:
rereboy wrote:
It's been known from the start that DBM only takes into account the manga and some anime movies that they have adapted to fit. They ignore the rest. Beerus was only used as a funny cameo.
Not sure if I find it funny honestly. Obviously, it was always possible for future official stuff to contradict DBM, but in this case, Super, besides that, also contradicts or rectifies something that was stated as a fact in the original manga: that the potara fusion would last forever. The situation makes me wonder why wouldn't the old Kaioshin know about it rather than find it especially funny when looking at DBM which merely follows what had been stated in the original manga at the time.

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:21 pm

So what does Freeza mean? Does he know Cold was actually Ginyu or does he reject Cold because he lost?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:29 pm

Slangh wrote:Image

So what does Freeza mean? Does he know Cold was actually Ginyu or does he reject Cold because he lost?
I really hope it's the latter. I don't want any collaborations to happen quite yet, not until Bra flails angrily as she tries to explain to U16 who she is.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:53 pm

I would be happy to know at least someone noticed.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:13 pm

I would be happy if Freeza noticed the change and along with Coola kill Cold in cold blood (no pun intended), thus putting to a end Bra legacy :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Noah wrote:I would be happy if Freeza noticed the change and along with Coola kill Cold in cold blood (no pun intended), thus putting to a end Bra legacy :)
I doubt he would do that. If anything, he's more willing to get revenge at Ginyu for portraying as his father for Kami knows how long and nearly getting himself killed.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:09 pm

Slangh wrote:So what does Freeza mean? Does he know Cold was actually Ginyu or does he reject Cold because he lost?
He obviously noticed the switch. He was already on notice that Ginyu was still alive and inside someone of his universe.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:38 am

rereboy wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Not sure if I find it funny honestly. Obviously, it was always possible for future official stuff to contradict DBM, but in this case, Super, besides that, also contradicts or rectifies something that was stated as a fact in the original manga: that the potara fusion would last forever. The situation makes me wonder why wouldn't the old Kaioshin know about it rather than find it especially funny when looking at DBM which merely follows what had been stated in the original manga at the time.
Simple, it seems Gowasu was more knowledgeable about Potara as he knew about it from the start. Uni 7 Supereme kai didn't know about it at all and Old Kai only knew about it because of what happened with him which was permanent.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:13 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Simple, it seems Gowasu was more knowledgeable about Potara as he knew about it from the start. Uni 7 Supereme kai didn't know about it at all and Old Kai only knew about it because of what happened with him which was permanent.
In other words, even though they already had two ways to defuse (using the Dragon Balls like Kaioshin did, or taking a quick trip inside Buu), they had to introduce this third way that makes Old Kaioshin, who had been always shown to be reliable and competent with his info, look grossly misinformed, and that makes Fusion Dance look even more trivial and useless (why even bother with it now? Just get the earrings since they are now even more convenient than the Fusion Dance). It's silly and really unnecessary, it doesn't add anything useful to the series.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:28 am

Hm, Freeza seems to know something is off bout their father and perhaps he suspects there was a change, not necessarily because he noticed it but because of Cold's behaviour? Either way, I think he might tell Cooler about Ginyu, who would be the only one capable of switching bodies.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Rubens wrote:Hm, Freeza seems to know something is off bout their father and perhaps he suspects there was a change, not necessarily because he noticed it but because of Cold's behaviour? Either way, I think he might tell Cooler about Ginyu, who would be the only one capable of switching bodies.
Freeza knows about Ginyu's body swap as well as his own father well enough to know that this was Ginyu's doing. Even hearing the word "Change!" would cause Freeza to immediately recognize it was Ginyu.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:31 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Rubens wrote:Hm, Freeza seems to know something is off bout their father and perhaps he suspects there was a change, not necessarily because he noticed it but because of Cold's behaviour? Either way, I think he might tell Cooler about Ginyu, who would be the only one capable of switching bodies.
Freeza knows about Ginyu's body swap as well as his own father well enough to know that this was Ginyu's doing. Even hearing the word "Change!" would cause Freeza to immediately recognize it was Ginyu.
Yes, what I meant is that if we assume that Freeza, just like everyone else, for some reason, didn't notice the body change, he could have notice something different through his father's behaviour. I agreed it's odd that nobody seemed to notice it since it's a large arena and the focus of everyone's attention, but if Freeza had seen it he would authomatically recognize Ginyu... Ofcourse I can be wrong and the next pages will tell, but that's what I meant.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:29 am

Rubens wrote: I agreed it's odd that nobody seemed to notice it since it's a large arena and the focus of everyone's attention
We didn't see anyone else react besides Freeza, Cold and Pan.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:08 pm

Aww, I was really hoping they were going to drag it out too.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:11 pm

Well, R.I.P Ginyu. That look that Vegetto's got scared the black off my skin.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:47 pm

This is an interesting way to fix the problem with the earlier implication that Cold had a lot more power in reserve during his encounter with Trunks. Turns out that he didn't.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:07 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:This is an interesting way to fix the problem with the earlier implication that Cold had a lot more power in reserve during his encounter with Trunks. Turns out that he didn't.
Actually, it doesn't fix it because Ginyu taking over Cold only happened in that universe.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:47 pm

LOL, figures everyone knew.

I love Ginyu's expression in the final panel. He knows he's fucked.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:05 pm

Didn't think Freeza would be upset about father's dad, guess family is a family, it also confirms (at least in this comic) that Body Change technique is visible. I wonder however, how Ginyu knew how to transform? He transformed before Buu unlocked their secret potential.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015