Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:56 pm

An comedy retake From Skar:

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:36 pm

The only true ending to DBM.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Scarz wrote:The only true ending to DBM.
Nah. Salagir would need to add Broli into the mix to make it a true ending.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:57 pm

Scarz wrote:The only true ending to DBM.
And no one will say me otherwise.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:46 pm

Is it wrong to think it's ironic that Salagir hates GT yet he gives Bra so much attention? Granted it's not U18 Bra (which is ironic in its own way), but it's still Bra.

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:49 pm

Probably did so in order to fix what he didn't like about Bra in GT.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:51 pm

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:Probably did so in order to fix what he didn't like about Bra in GT.
Yet that same Bra is in the comic as well. Again, irony.

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:53 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Is it wrong to think it's ironic that Salagir hates GT yet he gives Bra so much attention? Granted it's not U18 Bra (which is ironic in its own way), but it's still Bra.
I think a part of the fanbase would like Bra to grow up into a warrior, regardless of GT. Now, I don't know if DBM had a hand on that or not, but still.
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:18 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Is it wrong to think it's ironic that Salagir hates GT yet he gives Bra so much attention? Granted it's not U18 Bra (which is ironic in its own way), but it's still Bra.
I don't think that the problems he had with GT were about Bra. I also don't think he believes that absolutely everything in GT was terrible.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:44 am

I love that Ginyu-Bra pose. So much of his (her?) personality shines through with only a simple bow.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:58 pm

rereboy wrote:
I don't think that the problems he had with GT were about Bra. I also don't think he believes that absolutely everything in GT was terrible.
Preeeeeeeeeeeety sure he made that clear a couple of times.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:12 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote: Preeeeeeeeeeeety sure he made that clear a couple of times.
That the problems he had with GT were about Bra...? Or am I not understanding your post?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:39 pm

If we're talking irony, I'd say it's ironic GT is derided by Salagir, but just like GT, DBM has its own share of controversies, some of which may or may not look out of place with GT.

Definitely a Not so Different vibe I get from it all, if you ask me.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:34 pm

rereboy wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote: Preeeeeeeeeeeety sure he made that clear a couple of times.
That the problems he had with GT were about Bra...? Or am I not understanding your post?
Problems with GT in general.
FoolsGil wrote:If we're talking irony, I'd say it's ironic GT is derided by Salagir, but just like GT, DBM has its own share of controversies, some of which may or may not look out of place with GT.

Definitely a Not so Different vibe I get from it all, if you ask me.
Well he does use his own theories as opposed to canon/legit info. I get this is comic and all, but you'd think he would at least use some legit information.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:46 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote: Problems with GT in general.
Sure, but I was talking in relation to Bra.
Well he does use his own theories as opposed to canon/legit info. I get this is comic and all, but you'd think he would at least use some legit information.
Why...? He is faithful to the original manga. And the original manga is the actual work. Everything else is derivative from it. He acknowledges that fact and takes from it what it wants (like some of the movies) and doesn't take what he doesn't want (like DBGT and guide info). That's is perfectly fine for a fan manga.

Heck, a fan manga doesn't even have to try to fit the events of the original manga, it could rewrite portions or all of it.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:24 pm

rereboy wrote:He is faithful to the original manga.
Not when it comes to Namekians. But to be fair that species in general doesn't make sense. I too thought that Any Namekian of any class could fuse.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:28 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Why are Vegeta and his gang making these goofy faces? The Oozaru turning Super Saiyan is Kakarot?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:54 pm

I hate being left in suspense, hope tomorrow's page shows what Vegetto is going to do.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:01 pm

rereboy wrote:Why...? He is faithful to the original manga. And the original manga is the actual work. Everything else is derivative from it. He acknowledges that fact and takes from it what it wants (like some of the movies) and doesn't take what he doesn't want (like DBGT and guide info). That's is perfectly fine for a fan manga.

Heck, a fan manga doesn't even have to try to fit the events of the original manga, it could rewrite portions or all of it.
Well that's a good point. I still think he goes too far with some of his theories though, especially if he changes or contradicts them like Gotenks holding SSJ3 for much longer after a second, extended fusion dance when he fought Zen Buu despite it being made clear SSJ3 drains the user faster the more powerful they are.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:36 am

FoolsGil wrote:
rereboy wrote:He is faithful to the original manga.
Not when it comes to Namekians. But to be fair that species in general doesn't make sense. I too thought that Any Namekian of any class could fuse.
Nowhere in the manga is it stated that Namekians from different classes can't fuse. That information is from the guides.
Noah wrote:
Why are Vegeta and his gang making these goofy faces? The Oozaru turning Super Saiyan is Kakarot?
Because humor.