Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4293
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:31 am

rereboy wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
rereboy wrote:He is faithful to the original manga.
Not when it comes to Namekians. But to be fair that species in general doesn't make sense. I too thought that Any Namekian of any class could fuse.
Nowhere in the manga is it stated that Namekians from different classes can't fuse. That information is from the guides.
And yet supplementary material to the manga, is still manga canon. There is no first manga canon, second manga canon, and Salagir only uses first manga canon unless new material pops up. There's just the canon, doesn't matter if it was manga or guide to support the manga.

I'm not saying that Salagir loses any more credibility because of Gast' existence it is his webcomic to pick and choose, but when someone says he doesn't deviate from manga canon, well, evidence shows otherwise.
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:53 am

FoolsGil wrote:
rereboy wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Not when it comes to Namekians. But to be fair that species in general doesn't make sense. I too thought that Any Namekian of any class could fuse.
Nowhere in the manga is it stated that Namekians from different classes can't fuse. That information is from the guides.
And yet supplementary material to the manga, is still manga canon. There is no first manga canon, second manga canon, and Salagir only uses first manga canon unless new material pops up. There's just the canon, doesn't matter if it was manga or guide to support the manga.

I'm not saying that Salagir loses any more credibility because of Gast' existence it is his webcomic to pick and choose, but when someone says he doesn't deviate from manga canon, well, evidence shows otherwise.
Why? Because what's canon in Dragon Ball, and how it should be considered, is totally clear (even though no official source has ever spoken a word about canon in regards to Dragon Ball)? And, surely, how it clearly should be viewed corresponds to your views about Dragon Ball canon?

In any case, whether it's canon in your view or not is irrelevant. Salagir simply wants to focus on the original manga as his baseline and he only wants to take some things from the supplemental\derivative stuff, not all. Whatever his justification for doing it is, whether he disagrees with you on there being multiple levels of canon or whether he simply doesn't care, that's all irrelevant. It's a fan manga and that is all perfectly fine for a fan manga.

Besides canon being far from clear in Dragon Ball, fan mangas and fan fics aren't bound to canon or the events of the original work at all, many even rewrite them completely. In this case, Salagir chose to not rewrite them but instead keep the original manga as his baseline and just add a few things from things outside of the manga, like some movies.

Namekians being unable to fuse if they are from different classes as a notion exists only on supplemental material, and is one notion that he didn't care to use in his fan manga because he views supplemental stuff as "optional" in his fan manga. And that's fine.

User avatar
Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:28 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Sailor Haumea » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:59 pm

rereboy wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Nowhere in the manga is it stated that Namekians from different classes can't fuse. That information is from the guides.
And yet supplementary material to the manga, is still manga canon. There is no first manga canon, second manga canon, and Salagir only uses first manga canon unless new material pops up. There's just the canon, doesn't matter if it was manga or guide to support the manga.

I'm not saying that Salagir loses any more credibility because of Gast' existence it is his webcomic to pick and choose, but when someone says he doesn't deviate from manga canon, well, evidence shows otherwise.
Why? Because what's canon in Dragon Ball, and how it should be considered, is totally clear (even though no official source has ever spoken a word about canon in regards to Dragon Ball)? And, surely, how it clearly should be viewed corresponds to your views about Dragon Ball canon?

In any case, whether it's canon in your view or not is irrelevant. Salagir simply wants to focus on the original manga as his baseline and he only wants to take some things from the supplemental\derivative stuff, not all. Whatever his justification for doing it is, whether he disagrees with you on there being multiple levels of canon or whether he simply doesn't care, that's all irrelevant. It's a fan manga and that is all perfectly fine for a fan manga.

Besides canon being far from clear in Dragon Ball, fan mangas and fan fics aren't bound to canon or the events of the original work at all, many even rewrite them completely. In this case, Salagir chose to not rewrite them but instead keep the original manga as his baseline and just add a few things from things outside of the manga, like some movies.

Namekians being unable to fuse if they are from different classes as a notion exists only on supplemental material, and is one notion that he didn't care to use in his fan manga because he views supplemental stuff as "optional" in his fan manga. And that's fine.
Thank you for being the voice of reason among people babbling about a canon that doesn't exist.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

"I don't know about you, but that sounds kind of like your regime collapsing." - Kuriza (Break Through the Limit)

I'm Rocketman's girlfriend!

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4293
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:11 pm

rereboy wrote: Why? Because what's canon in Dragon Ball, and how it should be considered, is totally clear? (even though no official source has ever spoken a word about canon in regards to Dragon Ball)And, surely, how it clearly should be viewed corresponds to your views about Dragon Ball canon?
First, Dragonball is nowhere near the only franchise that has supplementary material. DBM even has its own supplementary material. Just because I won't read the DBM fanfiction, doesn't mean that levels of canon or more or less clear. They exist. It's canon, my prerogatives aside, same with anyone else.

In any case, whether it's canon in your view or not is irrelevant. Salagir simply wants to focus on the original manga as his baseline and he only wants to take some things from the supplemental\derivative stuff, not all. Whatever his justification for doing it is, whether he disagrees with you on there being multiple levels of canon or whether he simply doesn't care, that's all irrelevant. It's a fan manga and that is all perfectly fine for a fan manga.
Preaching to the choir, because I said that: we agree-his webcomic, his rules. However the moment someone says "Oh, they are following canon manga faithfully." Well, no he isn't. He disconnected with the manga at that point, he doesn't follow the manga faithfully. Whether you accept the guidebooks or not, they still exist and will continue being tied to the manga canon.
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:13 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Well, looks like we'll have Ginyu for a while now.

User avatar
Slangh
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 1:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Slangh » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Image
http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-1253.html
Vegetto has grabbed Bra - uhm, Ginyu pretty awkwardly but it does result in some great expressions X) For some reason I couldn't put the English version here. Take this opportunity to learn some Dutch!
Last edited by Slangh on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4293
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:50 pm

Something's off with the english version but
Panel 1: Vegetto: Oh you!!

Panel 2: Vegetto: You’ll see!!

Panel 4: Freeza: You! You also figured it out, we have a common enemy! I don’t like this anymore than you, but...
next panel, Did, Vegetto kill them? I'm sorry, how was that a good idea? Why was that a good idea?

But Ginyu's face, and he's waving oh my god I am having so many positive feelings about Bra now! Can this scenario just keep existing for the rest of this series? Let Ginyu stay in Bra. It's better this way. :lol:
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
Slangh
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 1:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Slangh » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Vegetto didn't kill anyone, he just made a hand gesture. I'm not sure what it means.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7854
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:00 pm

Ginyu really does have them by the balls good :lol:

There's literally no way they can force him out of there that doesn't involve obscene torture (if even that) or the DBs.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:01 pm

FoolsGil wrote:First, Dragonball is nowhere near the only franchise that has supplementary material. DBM even has its own supplementary material. Just because I won't read the DBM fanfiction, doesn't mean that levels of canon or more or less clear. They exist. It's canon, my prerogatives aside, same with anyone else.
No official DB source has come out and said what is canon, what isn't, how is it determined and if there several levels or not. And only the people actually in charge of the franchise can define and establish what is canon and what isn't, not the fans. Fans only have opinions and, in the absence of an actual establishment of what is canon and what isn't by the people in charge, guesses.

Salagir just happens to have a different opinion than yours about what is or should be canon as seen in DBM's faq page: http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/faq.html
What is "canon"?
We define canon as anything that happened in the original manga. Non-canon is any addition from the animation or other stories. It concerns scenes, but also characters or techniques.

DBM Canon
DBM adds elements to the story while following DB canon. It also takes elements from the animations and films, but modifies some of them.
Usually when following the films, we take all the information, but sometimes change things to keep consistency with the manga.
For example, Broly, who isn't "DB canon", is "DBM canon" but he isn't the one from the movies, and his story is different from the movies, too.
You should notice that the folks in DBM even say "we define" instead of just saying that "canon is". That seems to show that they are stating what their idea/opinion of canon is, not that, somehow, they are the ones to objectively define what canon is in Dragon Ball.

The issue here is that you have your own idea of what is canon and what isn't and it doesn't match Salagir's, but you aren't the one who defines canon. Only an official source that can actually define and establish canon and none has done so.
Preaching to the choir, because I said that: we agree-his webcomic, his rules. However the moment someone says "Oh, they are following canon manga faithfully." Well, no he isn't. He disconnected with the manga at that point, he doesn't follow the manga faithfully. Whether you accept the guidebooks or not, they still exist and will continue being tied to the manga canon.
As is demonstrated by the link to their FAQ page, they don't say that DBM is "following canon manga faithfully". In fact, they fully admit they are including things in DBM that they don't consider canon. So, I don't get your point.
Last edited by rereboy on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Marco Polo
I Live Here
Posts: 2965
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: France

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:17 pm

Did he really have to grab his own daughter by the crop top? :?

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Did he really have to grab his own daughter by the crop top? :?
No, he grabbed Ginyu, who just happened to be in possession of Bra's bosom at the time.

Before anyone jumps on me like a rabid dog, I'm kidding.
Retired.

User avatar
FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FreddleFrooby » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:26 pm

Does anyone get the feeling Ginyu's subplot will end quickly, mean nothing to the plot, and Bra's still gonna be the same arrogant girl (almost) everybody hates 'till the end? Just me?
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Did he really have to grab his own daughter by the crop top? :?
Would you prefer that he grabbed her by the neck? :lol:

Yeah, her body has boobs, so what? Who cares?
Last edited by rereboy on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:30 pm

rereboy wrote:Yeah, her body has boobs, so what....
It's an uncomfortable, borderline sacred part of the body for some. An inherent sentiment that probably evolved from the fact that younglings rely on them for nutrition.
Retired.

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4293
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:32 pm

FreddleFrooby wrote:Does anyone get the feeling Ginyu's subplot will end quickly, mean nothing to the plot, and Bra's still gonna be the same arrogant girl (almost) everybody hates 'till the end? Just me?
Proper story structure dictates this, but we're allowed our fantasies until it happens dammit! :lol:
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:33 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
rereboy wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Not when it comes to Namekians. But to be fair that species in general doesn't make sense. I too thought that Any Namekian of any class could fuse.
Nowhere in the manga is it stated that Namekians from different classes can't fuse. That information is from the guides.
And yet supplementary material to the manga, is still manga canon. There is no first manga canon, second manga canon, and Salagir only uses first manga canon unless new material pops up. There's just the canon, doesn't matter if it was manga or guide to support the manga.

I'm not saying that Salagir loses any more credibility because of Gast' existence it is his webcomic to pick and choose, but when someone says he doesn't deviate from manga canon, well, evidence shows otherwise.
That's entirely opinion, though. You can't lord over someone rules that don't inherently matter.
Retired.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:34 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
rereboy wrote:Yeah, her body has boobs, so what....
It's an uncomfortable, borderline sacred part of the body for some. An inherent sentiment that probably evolved from the fact that younglings rely on them for nutrition.
And she's one the most powerful beings in all the universes, capable of laying waste to who knows how many planets without breaking a sweat, who is, at the moment, inhabited by the spirit of an ex-mercenary who committed interstellar genocide for a living... but since Vegetto grabbed her by the clothes that she has on top of her torso (so shocking!) and she has boobs (oh my!), let's focus on that... Because, boobs :lol:

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:37 pm

rereboy wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
rereboy wrote:Yeah, her body has boobs, so what....
It's an uncomfortable, borderline sacred part of the body for some. An inherent sentiment that probably evolved from the fact that younglings rely on them for nutrition.
And she's one the most powerful beings in all the universes, capable of laying waste to who knows how many planets without breaking a sweat, who is, at the moment, inhabited by the spirit of an ex-mercenary who committed interstellar genocide for a living... but since Vegetto grabbed her by the clothes that she has on her torso and she has boobs, let's focus on that. Because, boobs :lol:
Oh well, we only get a couple of pages per week, so I guess we can focus on whatever we want for as long as we want. If people dislike the fact that Bra's boobs (ha!) are touchable, it's no skin off my back.
Retired.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:39 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Oh well, we only get a couple of pages per week, so I guess we can focus on whatever we want for as long as we want. If people dislike the fact that Bra's boobs (ha!) are touchable, it's no skin off my back.
By all means, we should focus on whatever we want. I just found it amusing :lol:

Post Reply