Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:41 pm

To be honest, I find the significant lack of importance of "our" cast pretty disappointing at times.

It seems like U16 are the main characters, not U18.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:43 pm

Doctor. wrote:To be honest, I find the significant lack of importance of "our" cast pretty disappointing at times.

This, although it's funny how Goku one shot his opponents thus far (his mental fight with Freeza doesn't count).

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:43 pm

rereboy wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
rereboy wrote:
No need for a fancy new technique. Vegetto could just kill him and then find his soul, teleport to it and kill him again. As established in the Buu arc, it's possible for someone to be killed again while dead and if that happens, the person is gone forever.
But that would require Vegetto to go to the afterlife, which he may or may not be able to do from the tournament grounds.
Goku could easily go to the afterlife as shown in manga. In DBM, Vegetto has shown several times that he's significantly better than Goku ever was at traveling to wherever he wants with his teleportation techniques, so I don't see how he would have a problem with that.
Maybe. Either way, this subplot is suffering from classic DB syndrome. We know that Bra can be restored with a wish, regardless. It'd better take a radical turn along the way, or this whole subplot will have been useless.
Retired.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:48 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
rereboy wrote:
No need for a fancy new technique. Vegetto could just kill him and then find his soul, teleport to it and kill him again. As established in the Buu arc, it's possible for someone to be killed again while dead and if that happens, the person is gone forever.
But that would require Vegetto to go to the afterlife, which he may or may not be able to do from the tournament grounds.
Is there even an afterlife in the Universe they're in since it's supposed to be absent of any life whatsoever? U16 Pan leans on this saying she doesn't remember what happened while she was dead.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
There might be, or there might not be. It's unknown at this time. Possibly, there could be a different kind of afterlife there, or just a sort of limbo for people that die there. I wouldn't read too much about Pan not remembering since many people that were brought back with the DB (like all of the earth's population), seemed to not remember much about being in the afterlife.
Last edited by rereboy on Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:50 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:I bet he's bluffing. More importantly, he's holding Ginyu in a "safe" position so he can't change with anyone other than Bra. But that reflection in the glass...
Yeah, I'm thinking that maybe the change technique can be reflected back onto Vegetto fr om that position?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:51 pm

rereboy wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: But that would require Vegetto to go to the afterlife, which he may or may not be able to do from the tournament grounds.
Is there even an afterlife in the Universe they're in since it's supposed to be absent of any life whatsoever? U16 Pan leans on this saying she doesn't remember what happened while she was dead.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
There might be, or there might not be. It's unknown at this time. Possibly, there could be a different kind of afterlife there, or just a sort of limbo for people that die there. I wouldn't read too much about Pan not remembering since many people that were brought back with the DB (like all of the earth's population), seemed to remember much about being in the afterlife.
The difference between Earth's general population and the main cast is that Goku and co. generally keep their bodies in the afterlife while everyone else is just a little soul thing.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Doctor. wrote:To be honest, I find the significant lack of importance of "our" cast pretty disappointing at times.

U18 are definitely the main characters.

This is apparent due to how Vegetto seems to be significantly less good and potentially much more dangerous than the people at U18, and U16 Bra suffers from the same issue even though with slightly different strokes.

The spotlight is on U16 a lot due to how strong they are currently, which makes them important for the plot and for the events. But, to me, it seems evident that the plan is not for they ultimately being the heroes that the plot will need. In fact, as it was already teased, they, especially Vegetto, will eventually become one of the greatest problems/dangers of the tournament. As such, U18 will eventually step up.
BlazingBarrrager wrote:
rereboy wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote: Is there even an afterlife in the Universe they're in since it's supposed to be absent of any life whatsoever? U16 Pan leans on this saying she doesn't remember what happened while she was dead.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
There might be, or there might not be. It's unknown at this time. Possibly, there could be a different kind of afterlife there, or just a sort of limbo for people that die there. I wouldn't read too much about Pan not remembering since many people that were brought back with the DB (like all of the earth's population), seemed to remember much about being in the afterlife.
The difference between Earth's general population and the main cast is that Goku and co. generally keep their bodies in the afterlife while everyone else is just a little soul thing.
Sure, but why would that affect their memories? Plus, if it does indeed have something to do with it, Pan doesn't seem to have gotten her body in the afterlife since it apparently didn't disappear.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe. Either way, this subplot is suffering from classic DB syndrome. We know that Bra can be restored with a wish, regardless. It'd better take a radical turn along the way, or this whole subplot will have been useless.
I don't agree with that. Personally, I think that's a false problem unless we only like stories where we don't know if there will be an happy ending. If Dragon Ball simply didn't have ways to bring back the good characters, they simply wouldn't die because this is a story with an happy ending.

The Dragon Balls simply allow for death on a large scale to actually happen, while in a story of the same kind without Dragon Balls, death on a large scale simply wouldn't happen.
Last edited by rereboy on Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:05 pm

rereboy wrote:Sure, but why would that affect their memories? Plus, if it does indeed have something to do with it, Pan doesn't seem to have gotten her body in the afterlife since it apparently didn't disappear.
Which brings back the question: is there an afterlife in the current Universe?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:07 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
rereboy wrote:Sure, but why would that affect their memories? Plus, if it does indeed have something to do with it, Pan doesn't seem to have gotten her body in the afterlife since it apparently didn't disappear.
Which brings back the question: is there an afterlife in the current Universe?
Already addressed that in the previous post.

The souls went somewhere at least, they didn't cease to exist because the dragon brought them back.
Last edited by rereboy on Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:07 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
TonyTheTiger wrote:I bet he's bluffing. More importantly, he's holding Ginyu in a "safe" position so he can't change with anyone other than Bra. But that reflection in the glass...
Yeah, I'm thinking that maybe the change technique can be reflected back onto Vegetto fr om that position?
Maybe that's what Bardock saw in his vision, Goku and Vegeta might not have been fighting Vegetto but Ginyu in his body.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:31 pm

Actually didn't Salagir say U16 are the main characters?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Marco Polo wrote:

Actually didn't Salagir say U16 are the main characters?
As far as I know, no. Nor does that make any sense to me, as I've explained in my previous post about the issue.

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:25 pm

It all really feels like it points towards Ginyu going back to Bra's body quickly, and the plot moving along without consequence. At least to me. Am I the only one?

If I'm right, that's how many years of building up the mystery of Ginyu? All used up swiftly.
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:28 pm

FreddleFrooby wrote:It all really feels like it points towards Ginyu going back to Bra's body quickly, and the plot moving along without consequence. At least to me. Am I the only one?

If I'm right, that's how many years of building up the mystery of Ginyu? All used up swiftly.
I dunno...my plot senses are tingling, and they're telling me that Ginyu's going to be swapping bod's with Vegetto very soon. Maybe he'll switch with him via the reflection; or maybe she'll switch to Cold, but then immediately switch to Vegetto while he's in front of him.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:37 pm

FreddleFrooby wrote:It all really feels like it points towards Ginyu going back to Bra's body quickly, and the plot moving along without consequence. At least to me. Am I the only one?

We will see.

As for the "years", that's only because of the slow release schedule necessary due to being a fan manga. Ginyu was foreshadowed in chapter 24. That was only 15 main chapters ago. If this was a regular manga in a weekly magazine, there would be no special chapters and it could only take 15 weeks to release the material of those 15 chapters (aka 4 months). Granted, it would probably take more because, if it was a regular manga, things would also be developed more.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:21 am

Ginyu should switch with Bra then with Vegito right after. A s for the main character discussion, with U18 Vegeta running around with a mystery form and Vegito implied to be the villian I would say u18 is still the main characters its just Salagir has to spend time building up Vegito so it makes Goku and Vegeta(hopefully as Gogeta) look that much more impressive when they deal with him.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:15 am

Vegetto can just do a Soul Punisher (Stardust Breaker).. It erased all the Evil essence (Spirit?s) from the little Oni's body while not shredding it to pieces.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:45 am

The first thing I thought of when reading the new page. :lol:

Guys, let's trust Saligir isn't going to completely botch the Ginyu subplot. If he goes right back into Cold's body now, it would be one of the worst-written twists I'd ever seen, and I can't believe Dragon Ball Multiverse could ever screw the pooch that royally. Can't we all agree the comic is at least that competent in its storytelling? The lack of faith here is quite disturbing.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:24 am

It's just weird because unless Vegito is bluffing I can't see how Ginyu can get out of this...

I hope babidi powers up ginyu-bra or something...

I hope this isn't an anti climax, I wanna see xxi and the babidi army plots go somewhere too.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:27 am

ParkerAL wrote:The first thing I thought of when reading the new page. :lol:

Guys, let's trust Saligir isn't going to completely botch the Ginyu subplot. If he goes right back into Cold's body now, it would be one of the worst-written twists I'd ever seen, and I can't believe Dragon Ball Multiverse could ever screw the pooch that royally. Can't we all agree the comic is at least that competent in its storytelling? The lack of faith here is quite disturbing.
I point at the Future Majin Attack, The Friend, and the Cell v Tapion battle where the story wasn't its competent. Even Deus Ex Machina has problems when you get past how utterly metal it is. That said, there's plenty of examples of when the series went so right including Ginyu-Bra, Vegetto vs Broly, Vegeta vs Future Trunks, Both U7 Specials - It's 50/50 at this point: There may be a plan for Ginyu...Or there isn't.