Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:48 pm

The fact that we are constantly seeing universe 18 despite them not having many relevant fights so far just adds weight to my point. But, like I said, if you want to just look at screen time, there's no one stopping you. Just don't be too surprised if universe 18 end up being the actual heroes.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:14 pm

Ok serious question, what if as punishment for the problem in the future, U16 Vegetto is forced to permanently unfuse? (if Bardock's vision comes true)

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Ok serious question, what if as punishment for the problem in the future, U16 Vegetto is forced to permanently unfuse? (if Bardock's vision comes true)
I doubt it would happen, since that makes it pretty much identical to (Universe 18?) Whichever one is based off the original story, anyway.
Retired.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Ok serious question, what if as punishment for the problem in the future, U16 Vegetto is forced to permanently unfuse? (if Bardock's vision comes true)
I doubt it would happen, since that makes it pretty much identical to (Universe 18?) Whichever one is based off the original story, anyway.
Yeah U18 is the original but maybe at the end of the comic.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:51 am

I don't care how much we see of Bra and Vegito as long as Salagir gives me the long awaited Gogeta vs Vegito fight. That payoff will be almost as good as the Rogue One payoff.

SuperKirillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperKirillin » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:58 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Yeah U18 is the original but maybe at the end of the comic.
There's Bra that makes a difference

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:28 am

Bra without Vegetto to put her in check is scary.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:55 pm

rereboy wrote:Bra without Vegetto to put her in check is scary.
But at the same time, without Vegetto (and only having Vegeta and Goku instead), that might make her mellow out a little bit. Maybe?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:26 pm

Well, he did in Budokai 2 :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:51 pm

coola wrote:Well, he did in Budokai 2 :)
And Majin Freeza still got his ass kicked. :P

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Hum, in DBM's page comment section there were lots of people freaking out wondering if Ginyu escaped from the healing tank, which apparently seems to be empty. Personally I think he just wasn't represented in it, probably to save time; given the injuries "Cold" had sustained it's unlikely that he could escape from there... I think.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:17 pm

So now we're heading into Babidi's Majin warriors plot and Ginyu could still do his thing later on, I really love how DBM keep dragging its story.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:08 pm

Rubens wrote:Hum, in DBM's page comment section there were lots of people freaking out wondering if Ginyu escaped from the healing tank, which apparently seems to be empty. Personally I think he just wasn't represented in it, probably to save time; given the injuries "Cold" had sustained it's unlikely that he could escape from there... I think.
I don't think Saligir is the type of person to tolerate something not being drawn to save time. Ginyu isn't drawn in the tank, because he's escaped.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:21 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
But at the same time, without Vegetto (and only having Vegeta and Goku instead), that might make her mellow out a little bit. Maybe?
While anything is possible, I don't know why that would happen.
FoolsGil wrote:
Rubens wrote:Hum, in DBM's page comment section there were lots of people freaking out wondering if Ginyu escaped from the healing tank, which apparently seems to be empty. Personally I think he just wasn't represented in it, probably to save time; given the injuries "Cold" had sustained it's unlikely that he could escape from there... I think.
I don't think Saligir is the type of person to tolerate something not being drawn to save time. Ginyu isn't drawn in the tank, because he's escaped.
It's possible, but probably not. If Bra, with her stubbornness and eagerness to get out of that situation couldn't move her body to get out of the tank due to the injuries, I don't know how Ginyu could.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:53 am

Noah wrote:So now we're heading into Babidi's Majin warriors plot and Ginyu could still do his thing later on, I really love how DBM keep dragging its story.
Indeed; it's a refreshing change of pace from Toyotaro's Super manga, which blazes through everything before one even has a moment to process what happened. I hate the way everything moves so fast in cartoons nowadays, even in some of the better ones, like Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:37 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Noah wrote:So now we're heading into Babidi's Majin warriors plot and Ginyu could still do his thing later on, I really love how DBM keep dragging its story.
Indeed; it's a refreshing change of pace from Toyotaro's Super manga, which blazes through everything before one even has a moment to process what happened. I hate the way everything moves so fast in cartoons nowadays, even in some of the better ones, like Avatar: The Last Airbender.
You thought Avatar moved fast?

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Season three did feel a little rushed near the end. They didn't even have time to fit in the subplot about what happened to Zuko's mother.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:56 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:You thought Avatar moved fast?
It had moments. Aside from what ParkerAL said, I thought Season 1 Episode 20 was rushed because of all the sub-plots they had to resolve. Like, Princess Yuna's whole "moonspirit backstory" came completely out of nowhere; plus there was that whole arranged marriage sub-plot that they never really resolved. Like, Episodes 18-19 made this big deal about how she was being made to marry this pompous dirtbag...

Only to then have said pompous dirtbag get drop-kicked out of the plot.

Granted, that WAS a pretty funny scene; but it also smacked of "oh shoot, we ran out of episodes, and we already have too much going on, uh...yeah, let's just drop that sub-plot. We decided to have Yuna die at the last minute anyway, so it's not like THAT'S going anywhere".
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:26 am

ParkerAL wrote:Season three did feel a little rushed near the end. They didn't even have time to fit in the subplot about what happened to Zuko's mother.
Thats what the books were for, but point taken. Blame Nickelodeon for that

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:52 am

Buu could just snap her neck.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.