Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Gog
I Live Here
Posts: 4099
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:33 am
Location: Dio's World.

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Gog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:40 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Gog wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Okay, we have clear proof that Goku is much weaker than in canon. Ginyu is able to withstand a few minutes of combat with Kaioken Goku whereas in canon he was shitting himself before Goku even fully powered up?

This confirms my theory that Goku's power level is 60,000 here since Kaioken would take him up to 120,000, enough to match Ginyu.
So what would be the level of Kaio Ken Goku could bump himself up to at this lower level of power? Kaio Ken x8?
Stop matching the number of.kaioken to Goku's power level.

Nothing says Goku's power level has to be 90,000 to use kaiokenx10. If we include movies a over 30,000 Goku used kkx10.
The power level determines what level of Kaio Ken Goku can use.

We can get that from the original manga, because when Goku achieved a power level of 90K, he believed that he could preform a Kaio Ken 10x. Here I even have the page from the manga.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Goku believes here that he's a strong feather and that he bet's he can handle a Kaio Kenx10, not that he trained Kaio Ken to Kaio Kenx10.

Also, Tien's statement only further supports this.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Also, are you really using the movies for your argument? That's a very shaky source to base your arguments on.

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1746
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:37 am

Gog wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Gog wrote:
So what would be the level of Kaio Ken Goku could bump himself up to at this lower level of power? Kaio Ken x8?
Stop matching the number of.kaioken to Goku's power level.

Nothing says Goku's power level has to be 90,000 to use kaiokenx10. If we include movies a over 30,000 Goku used kkx10.
The power level determines what level of Kaio Ken Goku can use.

We can get that from the original manga, because when Goku achieved a power level of 90K, he believed that he could preform a Kaio Ken 10x. Here I even have the page from the manga.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Goku believes here that he's a strong feather and that he bet's he can handle a Kaio Kenx10, not that he trained Kaio Ken to Kaio Kenx10.

Also, Tien's statement only further supports this.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Also, are you really using the movies for your argument? That's a very shaky source to base your arguments on.
That was from the 100x gravity training. According to your theory that KK is based on the power level the 3,000,000 Goku should have handled the KKx20 fine.

User avatar
Gog
I Live Here
Posts: 4099
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:33 am
Location: Dio's World.

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Gog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:26 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Gog wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Stop matching the number of.kaioken to Goku's power level.

Nothing says Goku's power level has to be 90,000 to use kaiokenx10. If we include movies a over 30,000 Goku used kkx10.
The power level determines what level of Kaio Ken Goku can use.

We can get that from the original manga, because when Goku achieved a power level of 90K, he believed that he could preform a Kaio Ken 10x. Here I even have the page from the manga.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Goku believes here that he's a strong feather and that he bet's he can handle a Kaio Kenx10, not that he trained Kaio Ken to Kaio Kenx10.

Also, Tien's statement only further supports this.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Also, are you really using the movies for your argument? That's a very shaky source to base your arguments on.
That was from the 100x gravity training. According to your theory that KK is based on the power level the 3,000,000 Goku should have handled the KKx20 fine.
What do you mean that was from the 100x gravity Training? Goku states that he bets that he can handle a Kaio Kenx10 after stating that he was a strong feather and marveling at how strong he is, there is simply no other way you can interpret that statement. Ten's statement only further solidifies this statement.

What do you mean? My theory also includes that the higher you go the sparser the Kaio Ken multipliers become. But at the end of the day it is a theory.

User avatar
Sora Saiyan
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:19 am
Location: Destiny Islands

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:27 am

Gog, KK might be to do with the power level but it isn't a clear scale, and tbh, if people want to interpret it in different ways it very easily can be. I believe it's to do with how strong the ki and body are.
Anyway, over 8000 Goku could ramp it up to x4, but he does mention how even x3 was a little too much for him. At 90,000 Goku believes he could go to x10, and judging by his expression he could handle that well, and later at 3,000,000 Ten believes Goku can handle x10, but if it was just down to power levels KKx20 would be easy for Goku considering he was over 33x stronger than when he fought Ginyu, yet Goku wasn't entirely sure he could handle KKx20 at all.
The heart may be weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned... that deep down there's a light that never goes out! -Sora

User avatar
TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here
Posts: 4020
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:04 pm

Even if Goku does x20 somehow his power level would only be 1,200,000, and just for one attack. I don't see how he can force Freeza beyond form 2.

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7407
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:46 pm

coola wrote:Image
I wonder how this will play out...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Scarz
I Live Here
Posts: 3382
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 am
Location: New York

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Scarz » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:51 pm

Noah wrote:I wonder how this will play out...
Death.

User avatar
TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here
Posts: 4020
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Scarz wrote:
Noah wrote:I wonder how this will play out...
Death.
How blunt.

User avatar
ParkerAL
Regular
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ParkerAL » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:42 am

"After a few minutes of combat"

I know these specials struggle with limited page counts, but this isn't the best way to transition from one chapter to the next. Skipping most of the Captain Ginyu fight is fine, but start the scene with them trading punches and kicks before breaking it off. Show battle damage on their outfits to imply that they've been duking it out for a while, rather than forcing that info into a narration box. Have Ginyu talking while they fight, and the page wouldn't even need additional panels.

Other than that, the character art on this page is still strong, and I do look forward to seeing Goku fight Freeza's first three forms.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

goku1234
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by goku1234 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Image

User avatar
Gog
I Live Here
Posts: 4099
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:33 am
Location: Dio's World.

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Gog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:56 pm

Why would Ginyu body change with someone as strong as him for ignoring him? Honestly this just feels flat out, out of character for Ginyu. But I suppose this wouldn't have happened if you properly constructed your universes

User avatar
coola
I Live Here
Posts: 2817
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Poland

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by coola » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Gog wrote:Why would Ginyu body change with someone as strong as him for ignoring him? Honestly this just feels flat out, out of character for Ginyu. But I suppose this wouldn't have happened if you properly constructed your universes
He tried to say in previous page, he wanted Goku body, and would steal it anyway, he just got pissed at Goku for ignoring him :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

User avatar
Gog
I Live Here
Posts: 4099
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:33 am
Location: Dio's World.

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Gog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:30 pm

coola wrote:
Gog wrote:Why would Ginyu body change with someone as strong as him for ignoring him? Honestly this just feels flat out, out of character for Ginyu. But I suppose this wouldn't have happened if you properly constructed your universes
He tried to say in previous page, he wanted Goku body, and would steal it anyway, he just got pissed at Goku for ignoring him :)
But that makes no sense for Ginyu's character, he only body changes as an absolute last resort and even then that's for bodies stronger than him. It's out of character.

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7407
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:12 pm

goku1234 wrote:Image
I thought "Change!" blast was invisible :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1746
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Gog wrote:
coola wrote:
Gog wrote:Why would Ginyu body change with someone as strong as him for ignoring him? Honestly this just feels flat out, out of character for Ginyu. But I suppose this wouldn't have happened if you properly constructed your universes
He tried to say in previous page, he wanted Goku body, and would steal it anyway, he just got pissed at Goku for ignoring him :)
But that makes no sense for Ginyu's character, he only body changes as an absolute last resort and even then that's for bodies stronger than him. It's out of character.
Goku could have gone kkx3 off panel.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Gog wrote:Why would Ginyu body change with someone as strong as him for ignoring him? Honestly this just feels flat out, out of character for Ginyu. But I suppose this wouldn't have happened if you properly constructed your universes
He understood that Goku was stronger.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2459
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Gog wrote:But that makes no sense for Ginyu's character, he only body changes as an absolute last resort and even then that's for bodies stronger than him. It's out of character.
Then how do you explain Ginyu stealing Goku's body in the manga and anime? Goku flat out gave him a chance to cut his losses and go home; Ginyu was not under any kind of duress when he made his decision. He stole Goku's body because he WANTED it, not because he needed it; so I don't think anything he's doing here is out of character.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
Gog
I Live Here
Posts: 4099
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:33 am
Location: Dio's World.

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Gog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Gog wrote:But that makes no sense for Ginyu's character, he only body changes as an absolute last resort and even then that's for bodies stronger than him. It's out of character.
Then how do you explain Ginyu stealing Goku's body in the manga and anime? Goku flat out gave him a chance to cut his losses and go home; Ginyu was not under any kind of duress when he made his decision. He stole Goku's body because he WANTED it, not because he needed it; so I don't think anything he's doing here is out of character.
Goku in the manga has shown that his body was flat out better in the manga, you're right in that he doesn't use it as a last resort. But the problem here is that Goku and Ginyu had been sparring for a few minutes, and both of them look unharmed, as in they where equals. This scene is out of character as Ginyu has no reason to go after a body equal to his, it's just not something that Ginyu has ever done.

goku1234
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by goku1234 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Noah wrote:
goku1234 wrote:Image
I thought "Change!" blast was invisible :think:
yea i thought so too!!

User avatar
Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Daisetsu » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:53 pm

Gog wrote:Goku in the manga has shown that his body was flat out better in the manga, you're right in that he doesn't use it as a last resort. But the problem here is that Goku and Ginyu had been sparring for a few minutes, and both of them look unharmed, as in they where equals. This scene is out of character as Ginyu has no reason to go after a body equal to his, it's just not something that Ginyu has ever done.
Look closer at Ginyu, he's got a bunch of scuffs and scratches while Goku has none; they're clearly not equal here.

Post Reply