Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:32 am

coola wrote:Image
poor Piccolo, Salagir just loves dismembering him :D
Honestly the first two panels could have been one and what's up with Cell's face?

Also, why did Cell felt the need to restrain U16 Gohan, but only sent his Cell Jrs to deal with U18 Gohan? Should have sensed that there was no major power different between the two?

I also agree that the last page should have been done without text since this page explained what happened. It comes off as redundant if read together.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:13 am

HeroR wrote:
Honestly the first two panels could have been one and what's up with Cell's face?
It wouldn't be as good. With the two panels, it feels like two frames in a video which helps transmit the idea of it all happening in a very short time. As for Cell, he is surprised in the first and the moving on to anger on the second.
Also, why did Cell felt the need to restrain U16 Gohan, but only sent his Cell Jrs to deal with U18 Gohan? Should have sensed that there was no major power different between the two?
Because there was nothing else he could do to contain both of them, obviously. He can't be at two places at once (at least not without halving his power). So, this was the best he could do to contain them.
I also agree that the last page should have been done without text since this page explained what happened. It comes off as redundant if read together.
A matter of preference.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:59 pm

coola wrote:[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
You know I actually like that Multiverse portrays Gohan like a cunning person while in Super he's more like the same he was in Z (Sure we can have the excuse this Gohan is after EoZ and Super!Gohan is not, but still)

But, anyway I don't think it's in character for Gohan to blast Cell knowing he could hurt Piccolo, no matter his regeneration and that is a Piccolo from other universe.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Noah wrote:
coola wrote:[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
You know I actually like that Multiverse portrays Gohan like a cunning person while in Super he's more like the same he was in Z (Sure we can have the excuse this Gohan is after EoZ and Super!Gohan is not, but still)

But, anyway I don't think it's in character for Gohan to blast Cell knowing he could hurt Piccolo, no matter his regeneration and that is a Piccolo from other universe.
Protecting Videl trumps worry about Piccolo, as long as Gohan's blast saved Videl and didn't kill Piccolo everything else was scars of battle.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:10 pm

If Majin Cell didnt get much stronger, Gohan should win, when he powered up after Pan death, Cell was clearly scared.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:06 pm

Cell about to get Cell Jr'd

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:54 am

After a long break, I finally decided to get caught up on Dragon Ball Multiverse. I got to say, this has probably been my favorite part of the comic so far, for a number of reasons:

- We don't usually get to see large group battles in Dragon Ball. This one has had a lot of neat match-ups and tactics so far.
- We get to see various characters fight each other outside the constraints of the tournament bracket. Gohan vs. Cell rematch, hell yeah!
- On a similar note, it's nice to get a break from the repetitiveness of the tournament.
- Hooray for good Samaritans in the audience! I always love it when background characters aren't completely useless.
- I hadn't noticed her before, but the lady Helite seems cool so far. That and, well, I think she's kind of cute... :oops:
- Zen Buu trolling is always fun.

It seems Babidi has overplayed his hand. Of all his fighters, only Cell really stands a chance against the Gohans and U16 Bra -- but not if they gang up on him. Ginyu could cause trouble if he uses his change technique, though. That's a pretty big wild card, actually. I'm guessing Piccolo will probably take out most of the other Freeza characters in the next few pages, so we'll have to see if he deals with our favorite body-swapper before he transforms.

On the other hand, I guess I'm not taking into account that U16 Bra might have been taken over too. That wouldn't be too surprising.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:20 pm

coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This should be fun! Gohan rolling up his sleeves reminds of GT Gohan taking off his tie when he was about to get serious, good one! :D

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

So I guess Piccolo is going after Freeza for a personal old vendetta? Interesting, also I'm pretty sure Gohan can clean the rest of the enemies, this should end soon enough.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:48 am

I think it would be more in character for Gohan to just drop the shirt, instead of rolling up his sleeves. (We can see that he has an undershirt.)

Of course if this were official DB animation he would just remove everything in an instant and be somehow wearing his battle gi under it like Krillin and Yamcha in the Tarble special and himself in Battle of Gods :lol:

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 am

Looking at the newest page, it seems Babidi's magic has toughened Freeza and Coola up enough to survive a few blows from Piccolo, though I still don't see them lasting long.

The drawing of Freeza on the bottom is nicely shaded. Boy, does he look pissed off!
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:52 am

It is so rare to see Piccolo fighting with full clothes on, last time it happened was with Freeza in 2nd form :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:18 pm

He really should sling the weights, perhaps they are doing it so you can tell U18 and U16 apart.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:50 am

I just now noticed that King Cold is back and why do all the Majin characters look ugly?

And I honestly don't think Piccolo cares about the Namekian race like that, at least not enough to shout a declaration of revenge. Then again, this is a Freeza who got away with murder. Overall, the line just doesn't sound like Piccolo to me.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:02 pm

Sheesh, the Page 1370 link STILL wasn't available for copying? Feh! That meant I had to reconstruct the image myself!

:P

Now! With THAT out of the way, let's get the NEW page, too!

Remember when Spopovich got his neck broken and twisted 360 degrees? And then he just popped it right back into place? And remember how Freeza survived getting half his body and face blown off even BEFORE the Majin power-up? And remember when Piccolo missed all of Goku's vital organs? ALL OF THEM?!?

Feh! Better hope his aim was good THIS time :? ...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:11 am

That was the last page of the chapter, btw.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:08 am

rereboy wrote:That was the last page of the chapter, btw.
Good to see my maths were on point, lol

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Last page, just in time to see a real Dragonball character kick some ass and it's off to a dumb special.

All these specials lack suspense. We know who's left alive as the tournament is the present day...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:18 pm

DBM will be turning 10 years old next. Strange to think that I was in my last year of High School when it started and we are still not done yet.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:55 pm

HeroR wrote:
I just now noticed that King Cold is back and why do all the Majin characters look ugly?
This is Babidi + 10 or more years of spellcasting experience. Makes sense it'd be more powerful / twisted.