Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TobyS » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:45 am

Brikikoz wrote:Rough list SNIP
18 was a contestant so she's not possessed and Neiz is dead too.

Babidi´s side

1-Cell
2-Majin Buu
3-King Cold
4-Kakarotto SSJ2 (immortal?)
5-Bardock (likely SSJ2)
?-Dabura (out of combat/dead)
6-Nappa (one legged probably about to die)
7-Babidi
8-Recoome
9-Butter
10-Kiwi
11+ Bunch of Freezer´s soldiers/majinised audience

Non possessed.

1-Gohan
2-Gohan (ones about to be trapped)
3-5-Kaioshins X3
6-Piccolo
7-Piccolo U16
8-9-Ultras X2 (one low energy about to get Cell'ed)
10-Yamcha
11-Tenshinhan
12-Krillin
?-Videl U9 (out of combat)
13-Base Goten (crippled)
14-Dai Kaioshin
?-Raditz (can't move for 20 hours)
15- Videl U18
16-Videl U16 (out of combat)
?-Bra (out of combat, wounded hostage)
17+-Bunch of warrior nameks and non evil audience
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:41 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:03 pm

Yeah. With events from Super, much of DB Multiverse just doesn't work.

Besides which, where are good Vegeta and Goku? And is Future Trunks still around?

And what were those little alien things thinking when they invited a lot of inherently evil and powerful beings like Babidi, Freeza (and family), and Cell? Buu at least seems more neutral, but come on!

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:31 am

The King Cold body doesn't seem all that damaged - they were just holding him with their Kai ability, and he never damaged himself - so now he's put North Supreme Kai in the King Cold body.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:17 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:Yeah. With events from Super, much of DB Multiverse just doesn't work.

Besides which, where are good Vegeta and Goku? And is Future Trunks still around?

And what were those little alien things thinking when they invited a lot of inherently evil and powerful beings like Babidi, Freeza (and family), and Cell? Buu at least seems more neutral, but come on!
Well then, it's good that this fanfic ignores the poorly executed ideas of Super and is marching to the beat of it's own drums.

Darkseid

Post by Darkseid » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:Yeah. With events from Super, much of DB Multiverse just doesn't work.

This series started a while before Super was even announced. They would have to retroactively change several plotpoints to make Supers ideas and retcons fit.

Also I suggest you reread the last few main chapters. Good Goku, Vegeta and pretty much anyone Babidi deemed a threat was transported to another planet/dimension? (not quite sure actually).

Thing is they have the technology to send anyone, no matter how powerful, back into their universe. The whole premise of DBM is barebones and pretty much only there to have various characters and what-if characters interact and fight. Its fanservice pure and simple, hey its a fan manga after all!

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:05 pm

Jeez louise! I never realized just how cutthroat Ginyu was!

Is it me, or has his personality changed a little from the canon?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Jeez louise! I never realized just how cutthroat Ginyu was!

Canon Ginyu is a loyal and devoted minion of Freeza. DBM's is out for himself.

Darkseid

Post by Darkseid » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:33 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Jeez louise! I never realized just how cutthroat Ginyu was!

Well in the Manga he fataly injured himself before changing bodies with Goku so this is nothing out of the ordinary. Plus this Ginyu has been through a whole lot more than "Normal" Ginyu with the whole being executed by Freeza for failure and trying to get revenge thing.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:46 pm

Canon Ginyu was a typical Toriyama buffon villain

DBM Ginyu is something out of a horror film

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:33 am

supersaiyanZero wrote:Well then, it's good that this fanfic ignores the poorly executed ideas of Super and is marching to the beat of it's own drums.
Lol, suggesting that Super has poorly executed ideas while praising DB Multiverse is just...amazing. I like Multiverse, but it's got a ton of flaws, and is fairly messy at times.
Darkseid wrote:This series started a while before Super was even announced. They would have to retroactively change several plotpoints to make Supers ideas and retcons fit.

Also I suggest you reread the last few main chapters. Good Goku, Vegeta and pretty much anyone Babidi deemed a threat was transported to another planet/dimension? (not quite sure actually).

Thing is they have the technology to send anyone, no matter how powerful, back into their universe. The whole premise of DBM is barebones and pretty much only there to have various characters and what-if characters interact and fight. Its fanservice pure and simple, hey its a fan manga after all!
Honestly, Multiverse wouldn't have to change too much in the grand scheme of things given the conceit of DB Multiverse is the various universes and how they deal with changes between them. There isn't a Super universe because it didn't exist at creation of Multiverse, but all that would have had to have happened is that they find a Universe like Super. Lots of similarities to U16 and U18, though closer to U18, though slightly divergent in earlier Saiyan history and more majorly divergent in BoG era.

As with their other universes, note where changes happen. Only in, say, this universe (#21 if you wish) Beerus wakes up, he sleeps in another decade or two in other universes, so nobody ever hits that god moment, no Champa tournament, no Zeno finding out about it (though you could use that little nugget for their own multiverse tournament). The Potara retcon could be a change by Kais one way or another, or Hell, completely ignored if they want
Really, it could be quite doable. But, given the timing it makes sense. They have their story in mind at this point, it's probably too late.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Darkseid

Post by Darkseid » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:21 am

Mewzard wrote: Really, it could be quite doable. But, given the timing it makes sense. They have their story in mind at this point, it's probably too late.
That´s my point. By the time Super started the DBM story was already going forward. To make it fit they would have to arbitrarily add it while the other Universes are already fighting. Plus with the exception of Beerus and Whis (who would be too OP to be allowed to fight) there is really no reason to add another Universe so similar to U18. In the End what is "canon" in DBM comes down to how much Salagir likes it (I have no idea how he stands in regards to Super though)

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Darkseid wrote:That´s my point. By the time Super started the DBM story was already going forward. To make it fit they would have to arbitrarily add it while the other Universes are already fighting. Plus with the exception of Beerus and Whis (who would be too OP to be allowed to fight) there is really no reason to add another Universe so similar to U18. In the End what is "canon" in DBM comes down to how much Salagir likes it (I have no idea how he stands in regards to Super though)
I mean, by the end of Super, things are fairly different enough that it would probably warrant it having its own separate universe in story (feels like there's more of a difference between Super and U18 than there is between U16 and U18).

But yeah, the best solution would be to save it for a sequel if Salagir ever felt so inclined...which, good point, we don't know how Salagir feels about Super. Though, given his love for Broli, I do wonder how he feels about a new Broli movie coming soon.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Darkseid

Post by Darkseid » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:21 pm

Mewzard wrote:
I mean, by the end of Super, things are fairly different enough that it would probably warrant it having its own separate universe in story (feels like there's more of a difference between Super and U18 than there is between U16 and U18).

But yeah, the best solution would be to save it for a sequel if Salagir ever felt so inclined...which, good point, we don't know how Salagir feels about Super. Though, given his love for Broli, I do wonder how he feels about a new Broli movie coming soon.
Not that much tbh. Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan...they dont differ much from their U18 selfs. At least from a personality standpoint. Powers and forms are another discussion. While they would bring in a different 17 and Freeza, Broly really depends on how much Salagir likes the new version. Still we would have 3 Gokus, 3 Vegetas (4 since technically Vegetto counts as both)
and 3 Gohans running around. That would probably be pretty redundant.

I agree its better if the two simply stay separated continuities. Besides Super already is a Multiverse. For a DBM style tournament all you have to do is rewrite the ToP. Still you wouldn´t have any what-if universes and such.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:56 pm

Mewzard wrote:But yeah, the best solution would be to save it for a sequel if Salagir ever felt so inclined...which, good point, we don't know how Salagir feels about Super...
Actually, we do. He doesn't like it:

And for those who had trouble parsing his English...well, I don't know French, and I never looked at the original language...but here's my interpretation of it:
Salagir wrote:The show rubs me the wrong way; it's just another Dragon Ball GT. They know it's not feasible to try and create a sequel series (especially 20 years after the fact), so it's clear they're just doing it for the money, rather than for any sort of artistic value. For me, Dragon Ball Super is a cartoon, pure and simple; and the Dragon Ball cartoons never caught me. As for the manga, it moves way too fast... which is a shame because it's drawn very well.

And then there's Goku and Vegeta. Yes, we know they're the most popular characters, with Trunks being No. 2... but come on, now. We want to see NEW characters... or perhaps some old ones being brought back, I don't know. Just stop shoving those two in our faces over and over. I mean obviously Goku's always going to be the hero, but they utterly butchered Gohan's character in order to keep him that way. And Vegeta...well everything he does is just fanservice.

Besides that, DB Super's got two main characters to follow. Both are equally important...and that's just not right. DB, DBZ, even GT, we always had just one character: Goku. Vegeta was there, but he was often behind other characters, like Mirai Trunks, Teen Gohan, and even Gotenks.

This radical change in DB Super demonstrates to me a desire to milk a fan-favorite for all he's worth. Hence, Vegeta becomes just as important as Goku. He's not there for any artistic reasons; they just want to draw in more fans. So he's just fan-service, just like how Golden Freeza, Mirai Trunks, and Goku Black were just fan-service. They were all safe choices, and they took advantage of that.

Now, obviously you could say the same about DBM... But that's because it's fanfiction. Of course it's going to be written to appeal to other fans; that's just to be expected.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:55 pm

I don't really agree with his "it's fanfiction so it gets a pass" stance. You can be creative and bold in fanfiction. In fact, much of the point in fanfiction is exploring themes and tones the original series wouldn't.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:58 pm

There's no doubt in my mind that Dragon Ball Super was produced with the mindset of looking to profit of off the renowned success of the Dragon Ball franchise. But the end product is what's really paramount to the artistic worth of any product. Toiryama had more stories to tell and Dragon Ball Super was used a vehicle for that.

I've always found the "Dragon Ball Super doesn't have any new characters" very bizarre. As the show, even when old characters were brought back, introduced several new faces to accommodate.

The complaint about Vegeta keeping up with Goku as fan service is really bizarre considering when Vegeta was introduced in the plot he managed to to keep up with, even surpass, Goku on a few occasions. And that by the end of most of Dragon Ball's arc, Goku isn't the strongest character.

I also agree with Doctor. that the whole "It's fan-fiction. So the negative connotation that some with fan-service is acceptable and standard" doesn't hold any really foundation. Fanfictions are still stories and can be just are thought provoking as the original story they're basing their premise on, and should be also judge on the same merit, as, well, any story that is written by anybody. If you decide to make a shallow narrative, that's entirely on you. Not what the fanfiction represents.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:28 am

Dying to know who he changed with now... Cell? Tech guys? random audience persons? Piccolo? Bra (if she walks out right now)? Mary Sue? Goten? Kiwi? Kakarot? Recoome? Burter? That's about all that's left.

The Gohans vs Nappa group are outside the arena. The other Gohan is inside looking for babidi...

Yknow I actually think it might be Mary Sue and she'll die here. I know she's a gag character but they kept her around and delayed her entry to the battlefield.

Switching with Kakarot would be interesting because we've had him in gokus body before. Annoying crazy kakarot could die in kaioshins body. If kakarot is immortal he might live in kaioshins body OR Ginyu inherits immortality and can live to switch with anyone....

Goten just before he's strangled to death would be a funny way for ginyu to die, unable to tell kakarot he's an ally!

Acquiring Bra would tip the scales back in Babidis favour as he's losing right now. But doesn't seem to fit with the vision of the dragon team plus Bra in a bubble...

If it's Freeza force or audience they should be able to speed blitz him down before he can switch again. Unless he slips away to come back later.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:40 am

This just makes me think that Ginyu could make for a cool Dragon Ball Rip-off of 'The Thing'
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017