Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Kanassa wrote:All this special has done is make Zen Buu even more bullshit. God, the eventual fight with him is going to be a repetition of Buu going "Aha, you thought I was about to be defeated, but I have ANOTHER hidden power that will conveniently save me. Just give me time, I'll out bullshit Bra!" isn't it?
To be fair, he was kinda like that in the original source material. But this special basically made him Whis.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:59 pm

As specials go, I found this quite interesting. This is the sort of world building I would want in specials.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Who the hell did he absorb to be able to grant any wishes? Let alone bring people back to life?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:12 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:Who the hell did he absorb to be able to grant any wishes? Let alone bring people back to life?
...Shenron'?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:36 pm

Hopefully this part will end on this chapter, Babidi is one of my least favorite DB villains, and i hope they gonna get rid of him as soon as possible.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:26 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:Who the hell did he absorb to be able to grant any wishes? Let alone bring people back to life?
I don't' know about reviving people, but Buu has always been powerful in magic. Turning entire populations into candy, restoring Babidi's body, etc. So, to a certain extent, its not too far out there.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:45 am

Is salagir going to use what we know now about Gogeta because if so then U18 Gogeta should be able to beat U16 Vegito.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:21 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:Is salagir going to use what we know now about Gogeta because if so then U18 Gogeta should be able to beat U16 Vegito.
Other than the apparent lack of a cooldown period for Gogeta (and the introduction of a time limit for Vegito), what do we know? As far as I'm aware, Potara Fusion is still more powerful than Metamoran Fusion. Either way, the author doesn't seem interested in taking into account new information from Super. He works from the lore that was available when he started.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:11 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:Is salagir going to use what we know now about Gogeta because if so then U18 Gogeta should be able to beat U16 Vegito.
Other than the apparent lack of a cooldown period for Gogeta (and the introduction of a time limit for Vegito), what do we know? As far as I'm aware, Potara Fusion is still more powerful than Metamoran Fusion. Either way, the author doesn't seem interested in taking into account new information from Super. He works from the lore that was available when he started.
It was said in v-jump Gogeta and Vegito were equal. Just adding that Gogeta wouldn't be that far from Vegito in power doesn't seem like that big an update.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:03 am

Yeah vegito still has twice as long and is slightly stronger.

The only addition difference is base form of either fusion is now stronger than red god of either fusee whereas in bog that wasn't the case.

So either base fusions are stronger or equal to max potential of fusees (or some way tethered to that)

Or it as just toei wanking base forms and not a toriyama idea.

Yeah regarding the ending I think bringing the dead back like that is too much.

Even if he absorbed Emna and say a witch who can bring the dead souls to earth, that kid should have been wiped clean and reincarnated long ago.

Even if he used tapions memories on a blank soul he wouldn't have all his brothers memories. It's only slightly op and unbelievable tho....

It does bear interesting implications if he has been holding back even more than we already know in the tourney. But he seems genuinely surprised at xxi
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:57 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:It was said in v-jump Gogeta and Vegito were equal. Just adding that Gogeta wouldn't be that far from Vegito in power doesn't seem like that big an update.
Moral of the story: Don't listen to Elder Kai when he talks about Potara Fusion. He don't know $#!+.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:33 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:It was said in v-jump Gogeta and Vegito were equal. Just adding that Gogeta wouldn't be that far from Vegito in power doesn't seem like that big an update.
Moral of the story: Don't listen to Elder Kai when he talks about Potara Fusion. He don't know $#!+.
He only knew what happened to him really. Goawazu for some reason knew more.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:42 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
He only knew what happened to him really. Goawazu for some reason knew more.
I mean, overall, Gowasu comes across as much wiser and experience of the two. He clearly takes his job more seriously than Elder Kai, which is probably what help give Zamasu such a strong sense of justice and duty.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:57 pm

Kanassa wrote:I mean, overall, Gowasu comes across as much wiser and experience of the two. He clearly takes his job more seriously than Elder Kai, which is probably what help give Zamasu such a strong sense of justice and duty.
Come to think of it, Elder Kai is only elderly because he fused with a witch. Then he was trapped in a sword for millions of years. The kai half of him is still young. In contrast, Gowasu has actually been around long enough to become an elderly kai naturally.

I wonder if Elder Kai is technically even older than Supreme Kai, if you go by life experience rather than date of birth. Or growth, or whatever, since they apparently come from trees.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:24 pm

While Buu's magic is ridiculously overpowered now, it's still relatively grounded in DB lore.

Minotia was killed at a vague time before Hoi arrived on Earth looking for the Dragon for the wish. In theory, that could be within a reasonable time for the Dragon's magic to work.

Hirudegarn was originally a statue that was brought to life by Hoi's cult. So all Buu really did was figure out the creature's origins and reverse the magic spell. Babidi could've probably done that.

So in this case, Buu really just has some Porunga powers, and it's reasonable to think he could've eventually absorbed one of those too.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:01 pm

Was that reference to TFS in last panel? :) And why is there Gogeta in 1st panel?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:04 pm

I think it's more a tongue-in-cheek reference to the abyssal pacing.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:00 pm

Also, that's Gotenks, not Gogeta.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:08 pm

I really don't have a good handle on Vegetto's character.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:32 am

Wasn't 9m34s the timestamp of when Vegeta killed Nappa in DBZA episode 9?
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.