Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:35 am

coola wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:27 pm Image
Hopefully that destroyed Ginyu, Body Change in this comic is way OP

Seriously, they used the floating head again. This really reeks of trying hard. That and I can't imagined Gohan ripping someone who looks like his dad like that.

As for the pacing, I would take a chapter once a month over the padding side-chapters. Especially when Genie Buu added nothing to the story other than confirming that Zen Buu is a Sue. It was even more pointless than the villain win side-stories.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:05 am

As for the pacing, I would take a chapter once a month over the padding side-chapters. Especially when Genie Buu added nothing to the story other than confirming that Zen Buu is a Sue. It was even more pointless than the villain win side-stories.
Pointless maybe, but "Buu grants Hirudegarn's wish to be a statue again" was about a million times more entertaining than "everyone dies, now with ugly art!" like the Cell-wins and Bojack-wins specials.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:22 am

And here I thought it was Ginyu's turn to be turned into a burger... At least they're tying loose ends, I can't wait to see what kind of trap Babbidi is setting for the other Gohan.

As for the rest of the events: there's Cell absorbing the heloites, the Piccolos and Videl clearing the rest of the evil audience and Freeza's soldiers, the earthlings are still in their room guarding Raditz and the ritual, Mary Sue is also presumably still in her room and so does XXI, Bra is still nowhere to be seen, and there's that pregnant lady with a mysterious unborn warrior... and of course the rest of the heroes stuck somewhere else. There's still a lot of stuff bound to happen I guess.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Alright, so as leery as I am about the gore in these last few panels...I think I might actually know why it was necessary for Gohan to do things this way...

Collateral damage. Yeah, he COULD just spam huge energy blasts all day, like he did with Ginyu...but would the beams stop with his targets? Or would they continue through and obliterate some of the heroes, too?

But using the "Buu's Bane" attack he's using here? He can be absolutely sure it won't hit anyone else... and he can spam it without having to worry about where he's aiming. Just eviscerate his opponent's torso, and...there you go. They're incapacitated.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:54 pm Alright, so as leery as I am about the gore in these last few panels...I think I might actually know why it was necessary for Gohan to do things this way...

Collateral damage. Yeah, he COULD just spam huge energy blasts all day, like he did with Ginyu...but would the beams stop with his targets? Or would they continue through and obliterate some of the heroes, too?

But using the "Buu's Bane" attack he's using here? He can be absolutely sure it won't hit anyone else... and he can spam it without having to worry about where he's aiming. Just eviscerate his opponent's torso, and...there you go. They're incapacitated.
I think I said the same a few pages back. And yes the one he does different is Cold. Because he knows they can survive seriously maimed and needs to one shot him to stop changing. Plus there's no Goten or bra next to him to need to avoid.

It makes perfect sense.

I agree with the others that the gore makes total sense when there's a power gap, high stakes and no regeneration.

Everyone in late Z and super could regen or had a no killing rule, the circumstances as are different it's plausible.

I really hope we get an answer to Cold conclusively dying and not being able to switch and/or immortal kakarot within the next page before it cuts away again.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:50 pm

After that last body change fakeout, I wouldn't be surprised if Ginyu escaped again. Though if he does die, I wonder what sets Vegetto off when that kernel finally pops.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:45 am

FoolsGil wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:50 pm After that last body change fakeout, I wouldn't be surprised if Ginyu escaped again. Though if he does die, I wonder what sets Vegetto off when that kernel finally pops.
I more wanna see what strong For only Yamcha can beat is lol

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:09 am

Pantalones wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:05 am
Pointless maybe, but "Buu grants Hirudegarn's wish to be a statue again" was about a million times more entertaining than "everyone dies, now with ugly art!" like the Cell-wins and Bojack-wins specials.
The bad art of Bojack was worth it just for the memes. The Buu wishing chapters were just boring.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:47 am

TobyS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:45 am
FoolsGil wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:50 pm After that last body change fakeout, I wouldn't be surprised if Ginyu escaped again. Though if he does die, I wonder what sets Vegetto off when that kernel finally pops.
I more wanna see what strong For only Yamcha can beat is lol
XII's magic is immensely powerful, lightyears above anyone else.

However, it seems to be focused on ki and doesn't work well on androids.

This means 16, 17, 18*, and Yamcha are the only hope when XII takes out Zen Buu and Vegetto.

The whole multiverse tournament was put together by Dao Kaio (with Buu's help) to lure out XII as he's a threat to ALL universes as his magic is basically unstoppable, even by the gods.

*Well...

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:08 pm

So, supposing Ginyu's "soul" got out, by some freak occurence... what would happen with it being enveloped in a ki attack? Would it ALSO be eviscerated? Or would it just be immune to damage?

Questions, questions...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:14 pm

He really needs to be dead this time. The whole Ginyu thing got old a while ago.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Piccolo-san, really?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:41 pm

Marco Polo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:34 pm Piccolo-san, really?
It's either that or Mr Piccolo.

I know honorifics can be weeby but there isn't really a perfect translation IMO. Rather get the context.

Sa\San/Sama/senin all mean something.

I'm gonna do an infographic I think soon.
Realised U9 are useless to stopping them finding DBs or whatever if everyone else dies. Babidi can ignore U9.

Babidi´s side

1-Cell
2-Majin Buu
3-Bardock (likely SSJ2)
?-Dabura (out of combat/heavily wounded/dead)
4-Babidi
5-Recoome
6-Butter
7-Kiwi
8+ Bunch of Freezer soldiers/majinised audience

Non possessed.

1-Gohan U16 (wounded one hand, holding Goten)
2-Gohan (about to be trapped)
3-Piccolo U18
4-Piccolo U16
?-?-Ultras X2 (one 0% ko, one 0.2% getting abosrbed through the neck)
?-Yamcha [Guarding U9 Apartment]
?-Tenshinhan [Guarding U9 Apartment]
?-Krillin [Guarding U9 Apartment]
?-Videl U9 (out of combat, wounded by Kaioken) [Guarding U9 Apartment]
?-Base Goten (wounded, can't stand needs a senzu)
5-Dai Kaioshin (seemingly useless)
?-Raditz (can't move for 20 hours)
6- Videl U18 (slightly wounded)
7- Videl U16
?-Bra U18 (non combatant slightly wounded)
8+-Bunch of warrior nameks and non evil audience.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:01 pm

I know, right? I can't believe he's referring to him as an equal, when actually, it should be more like Piccolo-sama (as in, Mr. or Master Piccolo).

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:01 pm
I know, right? I can't believe he's referring to him as an equal, when actually, it should be more like Piccolo-sama (as in, Mr. or Master Piccolo).
I think now he's an adult, more powerfull and they are like 35 and 40 respectively or some shit it's cool to refer to him as an equal. In the meathead Dragonball world referring to someone weaker than you as an equal is already plenty respectfull...

Pretty sure he calls him San in dvb super too.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:23 am

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:08 pm Image

So, supposing Ginyu's "soul" got out, by some freak occurence... what would happen with it being enveloped in a ki attack? Would it ALSO be eviscerated? Or would it just be immune to damage?

Questions, questions...
Well drawn panel and this is what I expected from Gohan over him ripping people into pieces and leaving their heads to bounce. But given the absolute BS Ginyu have been pulling, I bet he body changed off-scene again.
Kanassa wrote:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Fair to say Butta and Reecome are dead one shot since it seems Dore was an Sauza was owned by humans?

Really is down to Piccolos and Gohans on the good side.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:50 pm

So, Cell didn't absorb these "Saint Seiya" guys completely. That's weird.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:28 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:50 pm So, Cell didn't absorb these "Saint Seiya" guys completely. That's weird.
Meh, it really was just sadism more than anything else. A guy at his level has very little he could logically gain from absorbing guys so far beneath him.

Which is in character. The guy's LITERAL motive for terrorizing the earth as Perfect Cell was to "[see] the looks of terror [his] power inspires on peoples faces", after all.