Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2600
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:17 am

Not really; it's just more of a "Dang... I've never seen people's apathy get THIS bad before!", type deal :lol: .
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:43 am

The art was at least decent prior to this chapter. But since...

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4064
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:23 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:17 am
Not really; it's just more of a "Dang... I've never seen people's apathy get THIS bad before!", type deal :lol: .
Actually, I am feeling apathetic. Now.
Wednesday 19th, start chapter 70 of DBM.

Drawings still by Asura, helped by Veguito!
...Only thing we learned that was important in this special was Cooler was a tad more homicidal and King Kold was an idiot for believing him about Freeza. Oh and we got retold the beginning from two different perspectives. This Filler had filler. Ugh.
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5990
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:43 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:23 pm
Fionordequester wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:17 am
Not really; it's just more of a "Dang... I've never seen people's apathy get THIS bad before!", type deal :lol: .
Actually, I am feeling apathetic. Now.
Wednesday 19th, start chapter 70 of DBM.

Drawings still by Asura, helped by Veguito!
...Only thing we learned that was important in this special was Cooler was a tad more homicidal and King Kold was an idiot for believing him about Freeza. Oh and we got retold the beginning from two different perspectives. This Filler had filler. Ugh.
Oh, don't worry, Tien's flashback somewhere down the line is gonna get a FULL SPECIAL!
Tien's flashback is removed (there were 2 other pages) with Veguito finishing the chapter.
His flashback will come back as a full, complete, chapter. End of chaos :)
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4064
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:43 pm
Oh, don't worry, Tien's flashback somewhere down the line is gonna get a FULL SPECIAL!
Tien's flashback is removed (there were 2 other pages) with Veguito finishing the chapter.
His flashback will come back as a full, complete, chapter. End of chaos :)
Yes because what we need is to watch the events of this universes' 22nd Budokai from Tenshinhan's POV. It's exactly what we need. :problem:
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7738
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:31 am

Wait, is the Special over? Really?

If so, what a waste. This could have easily been the best Special. More care was put into Genie Buu's story.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Regular
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:03 pm

That's it? So the only notable difference between the story in this special and the main universe is that Goku doesn't show up, and Gohan takes his place. Cooler never even appeared on Earth. What was the point of having Cooler kill Frieza?

User avatar
Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Saligir had to coordinate several different artists who were all apparently doing their own thing, so the slightly disjointed nature of this special can get a pass. I'm sure the intention was to explore some of the characters' paths but they were only able to draw Yamcha's. I can sympathize with their coordination issues as sometimes artists just flake out.

User avatar
TobyS
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TobyS » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Brikikoz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:24 pm
Saligir had to coordinate several different artists who were all apparently doing their own thing, so the slightly disjointed nature of this special can get a pass. I'm sure the intention was to explore some of the characters' paths but they were only able to draw Yamcha's. I can sympathize with their coordination issues as sometimes artists just flake out.
Yeah its one chapter in like thirty people can just come back in a month for a new chapter.

These are filler anyway so if they didn't release this there would be nothing instead. People need to chill the f out, this shit is free.

At least with fans endlessly bitching about super there's the presumption they paid for it.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5990
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:49 pm

TobyS wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:37 pm
These are filler anyway so if they didn't release this there would be nothing instead. People need to chill the f out, this shit is free.

At least with fans endlessly bitching about super there's the presumption they paid for it.
As we all know, if something is free, it shouldn't have any sort of standards. Being free to read doesn't make the writing any better, them being filler doesn't make the writing any better. Not having a price tag doesn't mean something shouldn't be criticized.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Skar
Regular
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 pm
Location: US

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Skar » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 pm

TobyS wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:37 pm
Yeah its one chapter in like thirty people can just come back in a month for a new chapter.

These are filler anyway so if they didn't release this there would be nothing instead. People need to chill the f out, this shit is free.

At least with fans endlessly bitching about super there's the presumption they paid for it.
I get giving constructive criticism for story content that could improve but nothing is really going to be achieved complaining about something beyond the author's control to fix. Salagir explained he waited years for multiple artists to complete their chapters but none of them did and that this was the only special he had available. The alternative would've been a hiatus for a few months until either another special is complete or Asura finishes the next chapter of the main story.

I know people complain about the pacing but this is the only free fan comic I'm aware of with an actual release schedule. The vast majority of fan work including fan fiction written by one person release whenever they get the chance so it's sometimes a few months between pages or chapters. You can find many examples of that just by looking at how often other threads update in this section of the forum. In the end, everyone is entitled to their opinion and criticism even if they know the author can't do anything to change it.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2600
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:44 pm

Skar wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 pm
The alternative would've been a hiatus for a few months until either another special is complete or Asura finishes the next chapter of the main story.
That's a bad thing?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
Skar
Regular
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 pm
Location: US

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Skar » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:57 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:44 pm
Skar wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 pm
The alternative would've been a hiatus for a few months until either another special is complete or Asura finishes the next chapter of the main story.
That's a bad thing?
Not at all. I'm just saying that complaining about it in hopes that it would be replaced with something better wouldn't achieve much since there was literally nothing else available. Since it's filler, a fan could always just take a break and return when the main story starts again. I have a cousin who reads DBM every few months and just skims through the specials when they're over. He figured you don't have to wait for the author to go on a hiatus to take one yourself.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2600
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 am

Skar wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:57 pm
Not at all. I'm just saying that complaining about it in hopes that it would be replaced with something better wouldn't achieve much since there was literally nothing else available. Since it's filler, a fan could always just take a break and return when the main story starts again. I have a cousin who reads DBM every few months and just skims through the specials when they're over. He figured you don't have to wait for the author to go on a hiatus to take one yourself.
See, here's the thing. It's like Miyamoto says...
Shigeru Miyamto wrote:A delayed [product] is eventually good, but a rushed [product] is forever bad.
I'd rather get an occasional good story than a slew of mediocre ones, you know what I mean?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
Skar
Regular
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 pm
Location: US

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Skar » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 am

Fionordequester wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 am
See, here's the thing. It's like Miyamoto says...
Shigeru Miyamto wrote:A delayed [product] is eventually good, but a rushed [product] is forever bad.
I'd rather get an occasional good story than a slew of mediocre ones, you know what I mean?
I definitely agree with that and I would have no problem waiting for them to take their time. My point is that specials are separate from the main comic so this filler is optional to read. It would be ideal if waiting could also result in better specials as well but for this particular universe Salagir waited years for multiple artists and they all abandoned it. He said more specials for U9 are being worked on but there's no guarantee those artists will finish.

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7432
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:46 pm

Is still the same special? Starts with Coola killing Freeza to Yamcha being beat up by Son Gohan? What is it's goal?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Marco Polo
I Live Here
Posts: 2936
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: France

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Image

Image

Image

SSJgogeto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:43 pm

So, who's the Kamisama of this universe?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7738
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:09 am

Brikikoz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:24 pm
Saligir had to coordinate several different artists who were all apparently doing their own thing, so the slightly disjointed nature of this special can get a pass. I'm sure the intention was to explore some of the characters' paths but they were only able to draw Yamcha's. I can sympathize with their coordination issues as sometimes artists just flake out.
Even Yamcha's story is incomplete since it didn't tell us how he became an Android.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7738
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:11 am

TobyS wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:37 pm
Brikikoz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:24 pm
Saligir had to coordinate several different artists who were all apparently doing their own thing, so the slightly disjointed nature of this special can get a pass. I'm sure the intention was to explore some of the characters' paths but they were only able to draw Yamcha's. I can sympathize with their coordination issues as sometimes artists just flake out.
Yeah its one chapter in like thirty people can just come back in a month for a new chapter.

These are filler anyway so if they didn't release this there would be nothing instead. People need to chill the f out, this shit is free.

At least with fans endlessly bitching about super there's the presumption they paid for it.
I watched all of Super free and legal off of CR. And this post is weird since it's basically saying you can't criticized anything unless you pay for it. Guess Fanfiction.net should disabled their review button.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Post Reply