Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:44 pm

Must be really weird for Gohan to basically see himself die even though it’s technically not him.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:44 pm

Brikikoz wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:37 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:55 am
Brikikoz wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Yes, it does. If you can rationalize and accept why one teleport spammer, Kibito, DOES NOT use his power, then you can accept why others do not as well, like Vegetto.
Once again your comparing apples and oranges.

Kibito is shocked to see Dabura at all and was told not to make a move.

Vegito is trying to get back to the area that Bra is in.

Goku as a ssj3 can he felt in other world and Ssj2 Majin Bra who is a god to him can't be sensed by someone who is superior to the previous users.

Also thank you for reminding me that Vegito doesn't even need to sense Bra to get back to her. Vegito not popping back up is a plot hole.
Nah, it's not a plot hole. You just want to rag on DBM while not acknowledging DBZ did the same exact things. Either there's a limit on the powers or there are no limits. If there's no limits, DBZ made the plot hole. If there's limits, like DBZ said, then there's no plot hole in DBM.

Kibito wasn't shocked. They were there for ~ 30 mins while Babidi talked with Spopovichi and Namu. Can't use that excuse. And why would Shin tell Kibito NOT to attack if teleport-spam is an instant kill? THAT'S where the teleport plot hole started.
Once again you're comparing someone trying to move a strong opponent away from a battle after being told not to make any moves and being shocked that said strong person was even there in the first place to Vegito bringing himself back to Bra when we are shown that doing that is much simpler.

I already said I wasn't attack multiverse for this, just that it seemed like the plot was wrote out without thinking it through all the way. A simple fix as I said would be Vegito choosing not to teleport back as that is something Goku has done in the past anyway.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:06 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:31 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 pm

That wouldn’t be a bad outcome but I think she deserves a more harsh punishment than that. Maybe having her power sealed away.
You want to punish the victim? Until it is said Bra wanted this outcome would have to go on the assumption she was forcefully controlled

This stroy would be better if its Vegito learning his place for not being a better dad to Bra.
Don’t give me that. That “victim” has been a brat and a horrible person her whole life and now killed people. Including her own brother. She’s not some innocent sweet girl in this. Like I said, I don’t buy her being controlled. Babidi’s Magic doesn’t just make people evil. It just brought out Bras deepest desires.

Vegito needs to learn his place too. But Bra shouldn’t get off scot free (which I know she will going by previous stuff about her but still)
She did that under control. Vegeta's desires were brought out because he could out will Babidi, others fall under his control completely if they can't refuse him and with Vegeta it was outright let him in and then ignore him as Cell stopped him completely.

Babidi makes people with dark desires no matter how small into bad people as said by Kaioshin, Bra was a spoiled princess yes but nothing she did made her a truly bad villain like she is now. Bra has been given everything on a golden platter and based on who her parents are and how U16 is set up it is understandable why she acts the way she does this is Bulma and Vegito's fault and we know Vegito shouldn't be raising kids the way he acts.

We have been shown Babidi can make people with dark desires into bad people and we have be shown nothing in DBM that Bra is in control the way Vegeta was and based on Gohan's last words she isn't in control.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:41 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:51 pm She did that under control. Vegeta's desires were brought out because he could out will Babidi, others fall under his control completely if they can't refuse him and with Vegeta it was outright let him in and then ignore him as Cell stopped him completely.

Babidi makes people with dark desires no matter how small into bad people as said by Kaioshin, Bra was a spoiled princess yes but nothing she did made her a truly bad villain like she is now. Bra has been given everything on a golden platter and based on who her parents are and how U16 is set up it is understandable why she acts the way she does this is Bulma and Vegito's fault and we know Vegito shouldn't be raising kids the way he acts.

We have been shown Babidi can make people with dark desires into bad people and we have be shown nothing in DBM that Bra is in control the way Vegeta was and based on Gohan's last words she isn't in control.
Those last words don't seem to imply she isn't in control. They seem to imply that everyone grossly overestimated how much "goodness" there was behind the bitchiness.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:19 pm

It's an attempt to goad her pride, as well as whatever good still exists.

1) "I thought you would hesitate at least a little" implies that Gohan still had faith in her (and she'd feel bad for disappointing the man that basically raised her).

2) "Babidi is... the strong[est]" implies that Bra isn't top dog; Babidi is. He's appealing to her ego.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:06 am

Fionordequester wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:19 pm It's an attempt to goad her pride, as well as whatever good still exists.

1) "I thought you would hesitate at least a little" implies that Gohan still had faith in her (and she'd feel bad for disappointing the man that basically raised her).

2) "Babidi is... the strong[est]" implies that Bra isn't top dog; Babidi is. He's appealing to her ego.

That's how I see it. Gohan is saying that despite her power Babidi has taken complete control over her.

Gohan say Vegeta refuse Babidi completely so he's hoping his Sister can do the same.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:38 am

Fionordequester wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:19 pm It's an attempt to goad her pride, as well as whatever good still exists.

3. Gohan knows that Saiyan pride is one of the few things that can overwhelm Babidi's mind control.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:18 pm

That Bardock vision happened 9 years ago and is still the SOLE reason I'm still reading this :lol:
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:38 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:18 pm That Bardock vision happened 9 years ago and is still the SOLE reason I'm still reading this :lol:
Mother of Kami :wtf:

If they cut the specials we would (hopefuly) already have reached/passed Bardock's vision in the story.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:19 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:38 pm
jjgp1112 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:18 pm That Bardock vision happened 9 years ago and is still the SOLE reason I'm still reading this :lol:
Mother of Kami :wtf:

If they cut the specials we would (hopefuly) already have reached/passed Bardock's vision in the story.
They wouldn't be able to maintain the quality of artwork at that pace. Remember this is not Toriyama doing it as a job 12 hours a day 7 days a week, this is Asura doing it in their spare time for free. I don't know their life, but I would assume if they're a regular person with a job, that's 8 hours a day of normal work, 8 hours of sleep, and then 8 hours of their own time. I estimate a good inked page takes at least 2-3 hours of pencil work and another hour at least of inking.

Expecting anyone to do at least 4 hours of ANY unpaid work every single day is just unreasonable. Even if they're giving up their weekends for us, that's still maybe 4 pages every Saturday and Sunday, so 8 pages a month. We're getting MORE than enough.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:34 pm

Brikikoz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:19 pm They wouldn't be able to maintain the quality of artwork at that pace. Remember this is not Toriyama doing it as a job 12 hours a day 7 days a week, this is Asura doing it in their spare time for free. I don't know their life, but I would assume if they're a regular person with a job, that's 8 hours a day of normal work, 8 hours of sleep, and then 8 hours of their own time. I estimate a good inked page takes at least 2-3 hours of pencil work and another hour at least of inking.

Expecting anyone to do at least 4 hours of ANY unpaid work every single day is just unreasonable. Even if they're giving up their weekends for us, that's still maybe 4 pages every Saturday and Sunday, so 8 pages a month. We're getting MORE than enough.
I'm asking for not wasting time in pointless Specials filler and focus only on the present main story. Focusing on that will not change the amount of time/work they need to invest, in both cases (main story & specials) they still have to develop a story and draw it in over 15-20 pages, doing both things only delays the development of the main story.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:42 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:34 pm
Brikikoz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:19 pm They wouldn't be able to maintain the quality of artwork at that pace. Remember this is not Toriyama doing it as a job 12 hours a day 7 days a week, this is Asura doing it in their spare time for free. I don't know their life, but I would assume if they're a regular person with a job, that's 8 hours a day of normal work, 8 hours of sleep, and then 8 hours of their own time. I estimate a good inked page takes at least 2-3 hours of pencil work and another hour at least of inking.

I'm asking for not wasting time in pointless Specials filler and focus only on the present main story. Focusing on that will not change the amount of time/work they need to invest, in both cases (main story & specials) they still have to develop a story and draw it in over 15-20 pages, doing both things only delays the development of the main story.
The specials give Asura time to do the work.

If you estimate working 8 hours a day every weekend, that's about 8 pages a month. So they save up about 20 pages, which is about 2.5 months, for each main chapter.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:15 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:34 pm I'm asking for not wasting time in pointless Specials filler and focus only on the present main story. Focusing on that will not change the amount of time/work they need to invest, in both cases (main story & specials) they still have to develop a story and draw it in over 15-20 pages, doing both things only delays the development of the main story.
That won't make Asura work faster. It just means nothing will fill the 1-2 month gap between main story chapters.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:35 pm

If we have to have specials, then we have to have specials. But man give us something to care about. The batting averages are not strong in these specials, for whatever reason. And honestly by this point, I want stories away from these 18 universes. At this point there's nothing more that really needs to be said for these universes, no matter how many U13/Saiyan U3 specials they release.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:05 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:35 pm If we have to have specials, then we have to have specials. But man give us something to care about. The batting averages are not strong in these specials, for whatever reason. And honestly by this point, I want stories away from these 18 universes. At this point there's nothing more that really needs to be said for these universes, no matter how many U13/Saiyan U3 specials they release.
This is true. Salagir has a well of untapped material that should be opened up.

I suspect he may be thinking about that once the tournament itself is over.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:55 pm

It’s hard imagine where the story will go once this current plot eventually wraps up and we finish the tournament.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Well, we still have I'K'L', XXI and some other things. There's a lot of material they can work on.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:27 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:33 pm

Bender, Leela and Fry cameo in the back there.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:25 pm

I get that Salagir wanted to fill in a plot hole that Toriyama created, but having Freeza sit on information on Earth, knowing Goku was there, and did absolutely nothing, doesn't make it better. Especially now that even though he didn't want Kakarot being influenced by Raditz Nappa and Vegeta but still allows Kakarot to be with them, is also dumb. If anything, Freeza should have killed Raditz on the spot and then took Kakarot to be groomed into a bodyguard like Dodoria and Zarbon to piss off Vegeta.