Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:35 pm

HeroR wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:14 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:26 am
HeroR wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:42 am

It was stated in both the manga and tv special that Trunk was as strong as Gohan when he was killed before he went out to fight the Androids and got his ass kicked. So if Trunks can stomped Mecha Frieza, then Gohan should logically be the same even with one arm.

In either case, Gohan had no business fighting Dabura, forget winning. Even if Dabura was greatly weakened, he still should stomped a character who is only about Namek Saga Super Saiyan Goku's level. People often forget how powerful the characters got between the end of Namek and the end of the Cell Games.
One armed Gohan and Trunks are about the same in the manga. Two armed is the one that fought Dabra and you could make an argument he's Frieza level at worst and namek Goku at best.

In the TV Special Gohan is much stronger than Trunks and might be the strongest pre roast super saiyan.
Base Gohan with one arm was fighting Super Saiyan Trunks in the manga with no problem, so there was a big power different even in the manga version. Also, nothing suggests two armed Gohan was stronger than the one arm Gohan.
One arm Gohan is being compared to the Trunks that chopped up Frieza. Those two are about the same in the manga.

In the TV Special the Androids need to jump Two arm Gohan and one arm over powers them at somepoints.

The TV special makes it look like if he had Two arms and Trunks was a ssj Gohan would have won.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:14 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Good to see Vegeta couldn't fight his way out of this.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:15 pm

I still can't fucking believe he's immortal.Better Earth than Namek I guess.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Salgir also posted power levels for this special

★ POWER LEVELS! ★

Vegeta: 18K
(This is what he was at the same period in the manga)
Nappa: 8K
(On Earth, he isn’t afraid of 5K Gokû, but at 8K, he panics (Over nine thousand meme, it’s actually eight))
Raditz: was 1.2K
(When fetched Kakarotto, as much as a Saibeiman)
Raditz: 5K now
(After training with Kakarotto)
Kakarotto: 8K
(After training with Raditz)

Slug’s men power have been decided at random, based on Elite level.
Angila: 20K
Medamatcha: 15K
Wings / Dorobado: 10K
Zeeun: 10K
(the one who dies at the start of the movie)

Lord Slug: 100K
(He is a very strong namek warrior, from before the cataclysm, at the end of his life. He is of course not a threat to Freeza)

Actually, if i remember correctly from original Japanese version of Movie "Slug is Super Namekian, he is stronger than Freeza, maybe even stronger than Super Saiya-jin!" but it was after he became young and after he turned into giant.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:06 pm

The plot armor in this universe is ridiculous.

1) Angila should be on guard duty
2) The saiyans should be have been beaten to a messy pulp, then put in the machines so they wouldn't be able to break out.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:50 pm

These "chains" look like you could easily slip off your arms from them

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:34 pm

Slug is a lot more polite than I'd thought he'd be. I figured being a demon king he'd just sacrifice them on an alter or something. Maybe a Roman style crucifixion if he's interested in keeping them as prisoners. That's down right cozy looking even by non demon sensibilities.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:34 am

coola wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:09 pm Salgir also posted power levels for this special

★ POWER LEVELS! ★

Vegeta: 18K
(This is what he was at the same period in the manga)
Nappa: 8K
(On Earth, he isn’t afraid of 5K Gokû, but at 8K, he panics (Over nine thousand meme, it’s actually eight))
Raditz: was 1.2K
(When fetched Kakarotto, as much as a Saibeiman)
Raditz: 5K now
(After training with Kakarotto)
Kakarotto: 8K
(After training with Raditz)

Slug’s men power have been decided at random, based on Elite level.
Angila: 20K
Medamatcha: 15K
Wings / Dorobado: 10K
Zeeun: 10K
(the one who dies at the start of the movie)

Lord Slug: 100K
(He is a very strong namek warrior, from before the cataclysm, at the end of his life. He is of course not a threat to Freeza)

Actually, if i remember correctly from original Japanese version of Movie "Slug is Super Namekian, he is stronger than Freeza, maybe even stronger than Super Saiya-jin!" but it was after he became young and after he turned into giant.
Young Slug was said to be stronger than Frieza who had only showed his Second form at that point. I know the movies don't fit but Angilia and Medamatcha should be at least Ginyu Force level. They defeated Gohan and pre Nail Piccolo who nail thought was a decent warrior.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:19 am

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:06 pm The plot armor in this universe is ridiculous.

1) Angila should be on guard duty
2) The saiyans should be have been beaten to a messy pulp, then put in the machines so they wouldn't be able to break out.
It's not that bad, Vegeta was fried to a crisp and presumably it's taken a while to heal. He's far stronger than the others so without him they couldn't even try to escape.

The point about useless weak guards, however, is valid, but that's part of every single sci-fi story in history, from Star Wars to Star Trek to Marvel: Infinity War. Toriyama used that trope often enough too, even into games like Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:20 am

Brikikoz wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:19 am The point about useless weak guards, however, is valid, but that's part of every single sci-fi story in history, from Star Wars to Star Trek to Marvel: Infinity War. Toriyama used that trope often enough too, even into games like Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger.
That's an easy explanation; Guard duty is boring. No evil-doer gets stuck there if they have a choice.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:22 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:20 am
Brikikoz wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:19 am The point about useless weak guards, however, is valid, but that's part of every single sci-fi story in history, from Star Wars to Star Trek to Marvel: Infinity War. Toriyama used that trope often enough too, even into games like Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger.
That's an easy explanation; Guard duty is boring. No evil-doer gets stuck there if they have a choice.
Yeah, perhaps, but it wouldn't be Angila's choice, it would be Slug's. And Slug doesn't seem like the person who cares if Guard Duty is boring since he's not doing it.

...He just assumes Saiyans who were just part of Freeza's Army is going to have honor? With nothing to hold over them in case they betray him ...The hoops jumped through to aid the U13 Saiyans.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:05 am

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:22 pm
Fionordequester wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:20 am
Yeah, perhaps, but it wouldn't be Angila's choice, it would be Slug's. And Slug doesn't seem like the person who cares if Guard Duty is boring since he's not doing it.

...He just assumes Saiyans who were just part of Freeza's Army is going to have honor? With nothing to hold over them in case they betray him ...The hoops jumped through to aid the U13 Saiyans.
Saiyans looked like they had honor, Frieza made Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz act like they acted.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 am

BS. Name two times outside of keeping someone alive in a fight that any Saiyan outside of Goku was honor bound to aid someone and delivered.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:58 pm

What was the point of writing such an easy escape for the Saiyans if they were going to be "saved" by an insider anyway? lol

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:44 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 am BS. Name two times outside of keeping someone alive in a fight that any Saiyan outside of Goku was honor bound to aid someone and delivered.
Saiyans have honor in fighting not in Aid. Every time Goku and Vegeta tell someone to power up instead of wiping them out that is honor in fighting. Bardock seemed to be honorable.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:03 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 am BS. Name two times outside of keeping someone alive in a fight that any Saiyan outside of Goku was honor bound to aid someone and delivered.
Bardock and Gine?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:26 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:44 pm
Saiyans have honor in fighting not in Aid. Every time Goku and Vegeta tell someone to power up instead of wiping them out that is honor in fighting. Bardock seemed to be honorable.
Those aren't two examples outside of a fight, so, BS. It doesn't matter, the alien's dead the moment he's done being useful, because Saiyans.
Brikikoz wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:03 pm
Bardock and Gine?
Maybe if we actually seen Gine do anything besides chop meat in Minus.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:46 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:05 am Saiyans looked like they had honor, Frieza made Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz act like they acted.
It sure was super honorable for Vegeta to murder Nappa while he was asking for help

EDIT:
FoolsGil wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:22 pm ...He just assumes Saiyans who were just part of Freeza's Army is going to have honor? With nothing to hold over them in case they betray him ...The hoops jumped through to aid the U13 Saiyans.
Easily the most annoying part of any piece of Dragon Ball fanfiction (besides Yamcha being an abusive boyfriend out to steal Bulma's money). Whenever Kakarot is travelling with Vegeta, Nappa, and Raditz they invariably have everything work out for them and act in ways completely unrecognizable from their canon counter parts. Not only do they not do any real piracy, they're gift wrapped the solution to every problem.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes