Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fable

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fable » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:06 pm

I wonder how many times we'll see that panel of Gohan being sliced in two.

Also, I really love how this is just the comment sections turned into a page.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:19 pm

“She was the victim”

Fuck off. Tell that to Gohan and Piccolo who she brutally and gruesomely killed.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:52 pm

Fable wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:06 pm Also, I really love how this is just the comment sections turned into a page.
It's almost like I'm speaking through Vegetto lol.

According to Salagir, Majin Bra happened just to raise the steaks on the other fighters and no other reason despite Ginyu having a good strategy in Spamming his Body Change. He's trying to convey this situation where its supposed to be ambiguous on who's right and who's wrong with Vegetto and Bra but this doesn't seem to be leading up to any big pay off, which makes this dynamic even worse. She's definitely going to "get away" with this and we're most likely gonna have to watch her go through some stupid redemption arc where she apologizes just before turning SS3 and playing a huge part in the climax.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:51 pm

So, which Gohan did she kill again? Her "not" brother, or real brother/father figure since Vegetto was an absent father figure?

Honestly, Vegetto is written badly, Bra of 16 is just a bad character, and death really has no lasting consequences with the Dragon Balls anyway. :?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:04 pm

No, Bra could've been a really amazing character with these exact same plot beats, under someone who knew how to do moral ambiguity.

Unfortunately, Salagir's idea of "ambiguity" seems to be what Vince McMahon's always wrote. "100% evil and nasty one moment"...

...and "100% sorry and apologetic the next"...

It's ham-fisted at best, and manipulative at worst. It's like Salagir wants a really dramatic story, but doesn't have the patience or knowledge to make it happen.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:11 pm

Bra in a nutshell:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:14 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:51 pm So, which Gohan did she kill again? Her "not" brother, or real brother/father figure since Vegetto was an absent father figure?
I thought she killed both of them.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:28 pm

The only thing that I could appreciate from the latest page was its art, because the dialogue is just terrible. So we should feel sorry about Bra now? Well, curse you Salagir cause I won't!

But now I'm on a tight spot... as much as I want Bra to be punished I don't want Vegetto to be the one to do it, dammit.
ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:25 pm As if Super Saiyan 3 needed to be nerfed even more. :roll: Oh well. At least they don't have God and Blue forms to make SS3 completely obsolete.
Well, it's about time for this series to have a transformation to go beyond Super Saiyan 3. Quite curious (and also afraid) to see the take of Salagir on a non-GT Super Saiyan 4.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:52 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:14 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:51 pm So, which Gohan did she kill again? Her "not" brother, or real brother/father figure since Vegetto was an absent father figure?
I thought she killed both of them.
She killed her real brother/father figure. It seems "our" Gohan is still alive.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:01 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:28 pmWell, it's about time for this series to have a transformation to go beyond Super Saiyan 3.
Maybe Goku and Vegeta have something like this:

Fable

Post by Fable » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:02 pm

Fusing into Gogeta would be the most reasonable method to defeating Vegetto. There's no in-universe reason as to why they wouldn't do that aside from maybe Vegeta's protesting; but when the lives of their families are put at jeopardy, fusion would be the only option that they'd be left with. Out-of-universe, Salagir has no excuse unless he adamantly intends to avoid reader expectations and cliches. This is "Fan-service: The Fan Manga."

If they do wind up using Gogeta, however, then he wouldn't be able to pull any punches since Vegetto is permanent whereas Gogeta—if the plot is generous enough—would have only 30 minutes to spare. He'd have to aim to either kill or severely incapacitate Vegetto. And even then, that'd be difficult in and of itself.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Gogeta vs Vegetto would be the biggest thing the Manga could do since Broly vs Vegetto as far as fan service goes.

That or nudity(Yes this is a joke.)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:41 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:44 pm Gogeta vs Vegetto would be the biggest thing the Manga could do since Broly vs Vegetto as far as fan service goes.

Well Salagir is not. Check out one of the novels and you will find a completely naked super saiyan who’s groin is only just covered by her tail, though there’s just enough exposed to tell the carpet matches the drapes.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:35 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:41 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:44 pm Gogeta vs Vegetto would be the biggest thing the Manga could do since Broly vs Vegetto as far as fan service goes.

Well Salagir is not. Check out one of the novels and you will find a completely naked super saiyan who’s groin is only just covered by her tail, though there’s just enough exposed to tell the carpet matches the drapes.
I almost want to say I've seen it, but I don't quite remember.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:57 pm

Well they kept teasing nudity with Bra's battle damage. if they keep writing/drawing with one hand we'll end up getting it

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:31 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:35 pm

Hanasia, Queen of the Saiyans. I’m not gonna say the exact page , don’t want trouble with admin, but you you won’t have to look hard.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:25 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:31 am

Hanasia, Queen of the Saiyans. I’m not gonna say the exact page , don’t want trouble with admin, but you you won’t have to look hard.
Eh, can't find it. If you want, you can pm it to me though.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:32 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:25 pm
Lord Frieza wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:31 am

Eh, can't find it. If you want, you can pm it to me though.
Will do.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:32 pm

Also, we already saw Piccolo's naked butt.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:27 pm

I remember that one. I guess before they fell for Bra they were in love with Hanasia