Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:11 pm

"Do you think I voluntarily submitted to Babidi?"

Yeah, I really did.

"How low is your opinion of me?"

After what happened to Goten, Gohan and Piccolo, couldn't be any lower.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:13 pm

Honestly, this is the worst page of this series yet.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:17 pm

Why U18 Bra is so happy?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:19 pm

Even Yamu broke Babidi's mind control on his own when he witnessed Spopovich getting blown up right next to him, and flew away to save his own life, yet this girl couldn't find an ounce of decency within herself to do the same after murdering every relative she could possible encounter?

She even disobeyed Babidi's order of NOT LEAVING HIM IN SPACE to go kill more friends and family.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:49 pm

And the cherry to top this crap cake materialise.

Bra did nothing wrong people, nothing to see here, move along.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:09 pm

No No NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I.HATE.THIS!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:15 pm

Well, looks like I checked out this thread for the first time at the right time.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:37 pm

Wow. This is so stupid. Now I'm rooting for Vegito to go on a killing spree. These people are too stupid to live. And the retconning here is enough to give me whiplash. Seriously, WTF?

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:08 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:23 pmA very above it all comment, and I believe every word by the way so I’m not taking the piss, but I remember how hard many people defended this years back. All the videos saying this is the true continuation of Dragon Ball and instant back lash of criticism. I also recall Salagir’s arrogant attitude even all the way back then.

So when I went to that site and saw how things had changed, sweet vindication. Petty and very human, yet no less sweet. I’d forgotten about DBM until this year, when started feeling like chatting about DB again. I dont wast that much time on it as you think. It’s a fun little diversion for the time being that provides me the kind of vindication only time brings.

I’m not saying it’s right or that it’s not silly, I’m only human and we humans can be that way. Just being honest about it.Not saying you aren’t btw, we’re just different kinds of people. I very rarely let myself be like this to be honest.
I've been there in some cases years ago. I think when you get older you have less free time and don't want to waste it on anything you don't really enjoy. I can say from experience that vindication doesn't give the desired effect. Generally people are only vindictive towards a fictional story because they don't like its success or the attention it's getting. It's not like you'll ever see someone vindictive towards an obscure fanfic so you end up giving it more attention than other fan comics.

Most criticism from fans right now is to towards Bra or U16 but a lot of them like DBM overall and want to see more of other characters. Fans will want to leave this behind or move on with the story once the next arc or tournament round begins. If your only enjoyment is from seeing fan disappointment now, you might feel you wasted your time reading all those comments once they're positive about the story again. You could wait and hope for the next moment that fans are disappointed but that would still require you to follow the story and read comments to know when that happens.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:22 pm

Skar wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:08 pm [quote="Lord Frieza" post_id=<a href="tel:1685587">1685587</a> time=<a href="tel:1609525436">1609525436</a> user_id=115946]A very above it all comment, and I believe every word by the way so I’m not taking the piss, but I remember how hard many people defended this years back. All the videos saying this is the true continuation of Dragon Ball and instant back lash of criticism. I also recall Salagir’s arrogant attitude even all the way back then.

So when I went to that site and saw how things had changed, sweet vindication. Petty and very human, yet no less sweet. I’d forgotten about DBM until this year, when started feeling like chatting about DB again. I dont wast that much time on it as you think. It’s a fun little diversion for the time being that provides me the kind of vindication only time brings.

I’m not saying it’s right or that it’s not silly, I’m only human and we humans can be that way. Just being honest about it.Not saying you aren’t btw, we’re just different kinds of people. I very rarely let myself be like this to be honest.
I've been there in some cases years ago. I think when you get older you have less free time and don't want to waste it on anything you don't really enjoy. I can say from experience that vindication doesn't give the desired effect. Generally people are only vindictive towards a fictional story because they don't like its success or the attention it's getting. It's not like you'll ever see someone vindictive towards an obscure fanfic so you end up giving it more attention than other fan comics.

Most criticism from fans right now is to towards Bra or U16 but a lot of them like DBM overall and want to see more of other characters. Fans will want to leave this behind or move on with the story once the next arc or tournament round begins. If your only enjoyment is from seeing fan disappointment now, you might feel you wasted your time reading all those comments once they're positive about the story again. You could wait and hope for the next moment that fans are disappointed but that would still require you to follow the story and read comments to know when that happens.
[/quote]

I’m actually going to agree with you. I think my perspective and the way I feel is due to the fact I dropped this years ago so when I looked it up I was still at the point were I stopped caring.

And your right it is a waste of my time. Don’t know how old you are but I’m 31 and I should be way past this shit by now anyway. Hell I even don’t bother posting most places these days as I just can’t be arsed to argue with people anymore.

Sorry for the heel turn but I was thinking about what you said and your not wrong. So I’m gonna call it quiets with Multiverse here. Got a little too caught up in the wrong kind of rush.

Doesn’t mean I feel any different but your right in that it’s not worth the time after this point. Hell this page and just how bad it is, is all I need to remember now.

Thanks Skar.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:24 pm

Yuji wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:13 pm Honestly, this is the worst page of this series yet.
On that I can agree wholeheartedly. It's not like Vegito is wrong here - he saw firsthand what an out-of-control Son Bra could do and, now, his worst fear was realized. Her daughter, the strongest woman in the universe as far as he knew, was corrupted by evil and went on a killing spree. It's perfectly reasonable why he would act that way, even Gotenks recognized that.

The main problem here is that, yes, Son Bra is a victim here. Her best qualities were suppressed by Babidi, hence her Majin self had no desire to control herself - that's the crux of the brainwashing. Regular Son Bra would never do the things she did here. She was a slave to Babidi, putting her own body in danger to protect him more than once.

... However, Salagir showcased this really badly. It's clear he had fun with that segment of the story, and it was perfectly in character for her to exploit the mistakes of her families and friends that she knew so well... But that's it. She showed no hesitation, instead she was positively in glee with the prospect of fighting all those strong people, to prove her superiority against the best of the best. There should have been moments where Gohan's words got to her. Dai Kaioshin's words should have made an impact. We should see moments of her struggling to keep her goodness contained, Babidi's spell weavering. But we didn't. The page where Bra is reminiscing all the words that everyone told her felt like an attempt to make this approach, but it was also far too tied to her lack of strength.

In the end, the whole thing fell flat because it should have been a turning point in her character, but... Well, it was dumb. Just like this page here.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:42 pm

Everyone seems to be acting out of character here. Good Bra seems proud of her evil counterpart, after just witnessing her killing spree. Why...? And why does she care that evil Bra has control over SS2 now? I mean...yay? Evil Bra suddenly has a conscience now that she's brutally murdered everyone, so let's forgive her and pat her on the back for a job well done?

Evil Bra was just willing to take all of the blame, even telling them to let Vegito kill her, but now she's saying it wasn't her choice to be brainwashed? Okay...? What the HIFL is going on? Nothing makes sense.

Well, the only character that kind of makes sense is the Namekian guy. He has no idea what's going on, having no idea how evil Bra was before even being brainwashed, so at least him stepping in is in character for him. But it seems this power of his to suppress other's powers, even that of the mighty Vegito, was made up on the spot for plot convenience.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:51 pm

No such thing as Evil Bra. She's pretty much U16's Vegeta from the Buu saga. She always had a conscience, her enjoying it deep down or not is irrelevant.

She didn't willingly submit to Babidi, as was said - it was already stabilished by Gohan since the very beginning, in fact. That doesn't mean she doesn't feel responsible anyway now that her conscience is back.

Still, the whole thing was not really well done at all, so it still falls flat with the audience. Case in point, everyone here being absolutely livid with this conclusion. Also this horrendous, tone-deaf page.

Also yes, Gast magic does come out of nowhere. No other way but to wait and see how it develops. But if we take Vegito's words on the special to heart, all this means is that Gast isn't thousands of times weaker than him, hence Gast's magic can work on him.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:36 pm

LOL when I saw good Bra all happy for her other self and giving her compliments, for a second thought it was one of those DBM parody pages someone posts here sometimes. :lol:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:16 pm

"Let piss people one last time in 2020" What Salagir thought while making this page :P I feel like this page is dark parody of "Who cares about genocide? We have Dragon Balls" trope. But yes, what Son Bra said was dumb, in original manga, besides Yamu, we had Dabura disobeying Babidi and try to kill Majin Buu after he realize Majin Buu never be fully loyal.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:57 pm

Thani wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:51 pm No such thing as Evil Bra. She's pretty much U16's Vegeta from the Buu saga. She always had a conscience, her enjoying it deep down or not is irrelevant.

She didn't willingly submit to Babidi, as was said - it was already stabilished by Gohan since the very beginning, in fact. That doesn't mean she doesn't feel responsible anyway now that her conscience is back.

Still, the whole thing was not really well done at all, so it still falls flat with the audience. Case in point, everyone here being absolutely livid with this conclusion. Also this horrendous, tone-deaf page.

Also yes, Gast magic does come out of nowhere. No other way but to wait and see how it develops. But if we take Vegito's words on the special to heart, all this means is that Gast isn't thousands of times weaker than him, hence Gast's magic can work on him.
She's more like the Vegeta of the Saiyan Saga. At least until Salagir decided to suddenly make her care about killing her own family. Before this sudden personality change, she was more like the Vegeta who murdered Nappa because he was no longer useful to him, callous and cruel. She bears very little resemblance to Majin Vegeta. Majin Vegeta loved his family, but he chose to be marked by Babidi because he believed he'd lost his purpose, and that his love for his family was holding him back from being the best. Despite this, he never obeys Babidi's orders, but uses the power boost to try to overpower Goku in battle. He does kill random strangers, but never hurts his family or anyone he knows. Then when he realizes that Buu is actually a big problem, much more powerful that he thought, he turns on Babidi and immediately redeems himself by attempting to sacrifice himself to destroy Buu. Remember, Supreme Kai didn't even know about SS2, so Vegeta doubted Buu would be more than they could handle. When he comes back from Hell, there is no debate about whether or not to accept him back, because he plays a big role in saving the Earth and the universe from Buu.

Bra, on the other hand was brainwashed by Babidi not by choice (apparently), but because she was legitimately evil. Babidi's spell only works on people who are evil. She disobeys Babidi's orders, but chooses to kill her own friends and family. She isn't redeemed...at all yet. But she chooses to break free because she's accused of being..."passive." Then she mopes because she apparently ISN'T a heartless monster, despite us seeing the opposite. She defends herself from Vegito, but she wants him to kill her. She thinks she deserves it, but she's offended that Vegito thinks she chose to be under Babidi's spell... Nothing with Majin Bra works because Salagir apparently understands none of what made Majin Vegeta work.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:35 pm

I can't believe Salagir's trying to pull an all's well that ends well. Ugh.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:39 pm

You're describing her after being turned into a Majin. She's been consistently portrayed as someone with poor control over her own power, which instead controls her and make her act with disproportionate violence.

Being "evil" is not an exclusive requirement for being affected by the Majin spell. Having evil qualities, no matter how much, is enough - Dabura suggested Vegeta precisely because of that. Babidi had no way of knowing that Vegeta was stubborn enough to overcome his magic, hell, not even Dabura, the King of the Demons, had the willpower necessary for that. Vegeta also wasn't inviting Babidi, his first reaction was to struggle against the spell, eventually accepting because of his desire to finally defeat Goku.

So yeah, Bra is a jerk, she definitely had evil in her heart. But she was a straight hero for years despite that. Comparing her to Vegeta from the saiyan saga is exceptionally biased, since she never killed any innocents while on a clear head. Vegeta did. Vegeta was completely sober when he offed Nappa. That's the key difference here.

But you're right in that Salagir didn't portray it well. Hell, I agree with you that it was really, really bad. I don't even doubt that Bra is a Creator's Pet with all the shit she gets away with. And yes, portrayal in the end supersedes authoral intent.
I can't believe Salagir's trying to pull an all's well that ends well. Ugh.
Which is absolutely the worst thing about this page. Feels like he's either rushing the end of this mini arc or he's trolling his audience because, honestly, holy fuck.
But yes, what Son Bra said was dumb, in original manga, besides Yamu, we had Dabura disobeying Babidi and try to kill Majin Buu after he realize Majin Buu never be fully loyal.
But that's the thing, Dabura was still 100% loyal to Babidi, his actions were purely motivated by that loyalty. He never broke free of his spell. Which doesn't entirely contradict what she said about not being a voluntary slave to his magic. But it's a good point you raised nonetheless.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:32 pm

Maybe self preservation supersedes Babidi’s mind control.. which is why Yamu didn’t just lie on the ground with a satisfied smile and wait for Babidi to off him and Why Dabura opted to try to fight Boo after he was goal posted into a mountain.

Funny enough in GT, Gohan and the others showed a more undying loyalty to Baby even after he mocked and attacked them during his fight with Oob.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:44 am

Thani wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:39 pm But that's the thing, Dabura was still 100% loyal to Babidi, his actions were purely motivated by that loyalty. He never broke free of his spell. Which doesn't entirely contradict what she said about not being a voluntary slave to his magic. But it's a good point you raised nonetheless.
It does though, Multiverse wants to present Babidi's brand of control as if it were more like Baby's or something, where the user is a complete slave that has no choice or agency in how they act or what they do when that's no how it works. And in Salgair's attempt to have his cake and eat it too, he fails to even really retcon it. The spell made Bra want to protect Babidi, but she's the one who chose to go about it in the goriest and worst way possible while gloating about how much she's getting off at murdering innocent people and her family. And the only thing that gives her even a moment of pause is being called a pussy. This back-peddling on her characterization comes off as even dumber because we JUST had a special that showed us very clearly that this isn't her first time. She's murdered innocent people and her family members and only cared how strong it means she is.

It's like if someone you're forced to obey tells you to kill someone and instead of just stabbing or shooting them, you decide to horrifically torture them to death. Yeah, the murder part was out of your control, but the psychotic torture was completely on you. When she breaks out of Majin, she shouldn't be weeping over what she's done, she should be weeping that she was so weak and pathetic that Babidi was able to control her like that.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017