Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:37 am

TheGodfather93 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:34 am DBM is reading more and more like a parody, and Salagir isn't anywhere near competent enough of a writer for me to consider falling for this preachy shit. Man's a bigger fraud than Frank Lampard. It's sad to say that, because he genuinely had a good thing going with DBM. It wasn't anything exceptional, but it was a fun little fan comic that showed stuff people have wanted to see for years, and it gave us new Dragon Ball content at a time when all we had was Dragonball Evolution and a bunch of shallow fighting games. Then it feels like he got carried away with its popularity and became way too full of himself. I also wouldn't be surprised if DBS' emergence and subsequent popularity made him bitter and envious, and more dismissive of constructive criticism.
He was pretty arrogant even from the beginning, with his nonsense about translations and changing the nature of Bardock's vision power because it was "lame" even though his adjustment didn't actually amount to anything that the original special couldn't have done.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:18 am

This remainds me of this:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 am

My favorite image thus far (credits to Argelios): Image

The Gohan torso and legs are what make it :P .
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:58 am

Veggetto is shitty andc possibly partly evil.
He's just too prideful to be controlled like Vegeta.
Bra is powerful but mentally weak.
She had to be controlled to do that kind of evil.
Veggetto is responsible bra isn't.
Veggetto is a shitty parent who let Gohan deal with her after she nearly blew up earth.

You can't say bra is responsible for her possesed actions bit veggetto is having things “put on him” no he just did those things, you whinge about exclusively out of universe stuff for one character and on universe stuff for the other it's inconsistent.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:32 am

TobyS wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:58 am Veggetto is shitty andc possibly partly evil.
He's just too prideful to be controlled like Vegeta.
Bra is powerful but mentally weak.
She had to be controlled to do that kind of evil.
Veggetto is responsible bra isn't.
Veggetto is a shitty parent who let Gohan deal with her after she nearly blew up earth.

You can't say bra is responsible for her possesed actions bit veggetto is having things “put on him” no he just did those things, you whinge about exclusively out of universe stuff for one character and on universe stuff for the other it's inconsistent.

Yeah... No. Not at all, but I won't waste much time arguing with someone that presents no arguments at all only completely misinformed statements that contradict even the own character speeches mere 5 pages ago.

Fable

Post by Fable » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:57 pm

Funny to think Salagir himself says in the OP:
Salagir2 wrote:If the story goes well, the tournament will finish and a big adventure will follow.
If he still holds true to this... No, thanks.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:11 pm

Fable wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:57 pm Funny to think Salagir himself says in the OP:
Salagir2 wrote:If the story goes well, the tournament will finish and a big adventure will follow.
If he still holds true to this... No, thanks.
If he had plans beyond DBM, he really should have shortened the seeds, or, be okay with having different artists work on the main story. Been over a decade.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:59 pm

Perhaps this is just an illusion cast by Zen Boo to enrage Vegetto. Hopefully...

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:44 pm

I think what would help immensely would be if there was at least one person on Vegetto's side...he got ganged up on so fast.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:39 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:44 pm I think what would help immensely would be if there was at least one person on Vegetto's side...he got ganged up on so fast.
No one is going to be in Vegetto's said the way he's going about. Even if some want Bra dead I doubt that what it like that.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:17 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:44 pm I think what would help immensely would be if there was at least one person on Vegetto's side...he got ganged up on so fast.
True, but right now Salagir wants us to love Bra so Vegetto has to be 100% wrong

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:12 pm

What a tremendous waste of time that all was. Bra's forgiven, the Dragon Balls are gonna fix everything. All it accomplished was rustling Vegetto's jimmies, which I guess starts his fall off the slippery slope because BrA dID nOThiNg WrONg VeGEttO iS thE ReAl vIlliAn
Cold World (Fanfic)

Fable

Post by Fable » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:17 pm

“You’ll have to wait and see.”

Why take that risk? We wouldn’t have to if Vegetto had just been allowed to take her out. Also, why is Gast so ridiculously overpowered?

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:49 pm

A far more logical fan edit:

Cold World (Fanfic)

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:31 pm

^ This is what it should've been like, the last few pages made me actually facepalm in real life. Bravo to whoever made that edit :clap:

Fable

Post by Fable » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:57 pm

What "promise to Universe 19" is Bra referring to in that edit?

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:38 pm

Fable wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:57 pm What "promise to Universe 19" is Bra referring to in that edit?
The one she made in her match against the U19 guy, she would give her wish on the Dragonballs to them, so they can fix their carbonite problem.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:52 pm

I don't know who that fan is, but he sure knows how to do things better than Salagir. It literally flows better than Salagir's story.

Usually is the other way around, the good panels belong to the "official" manga, and the trainwreck is the fan-edit, lol

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:53 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:31 pm
^ This is what it should've been like, the last few pages made me actually facepalm in real life. Bravo to whoever made that edit :clap:
Much much better, but I still don't like the constant shitting on Vegito. Only in the last couple of chapters Salagir made him be in the wrong

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:20 pm

Can someone pust a sad or confused face on Vegetto. My whole thing is if you can rationalize killing your child and not feel anything even if they were Evil then something is wrong with you as well.

Also Vegetto goes what if she reaches level 3 instead of going I'll make sure she's stable enough if she reaches level 3.