Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:59 pm

goku1234 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:07 pm Image
Vegito doesn't seem happy about this...
"How dare you bring people back to life like death means nothing. In my universe, we bring the dead back to life it means nadda!

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:25 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:59 pm "How dare you bring people back to life like death means nothing. In my universe, we bring the dead back to life it means nadda!
Honestly, I'm worried about the exact opposite; That he is going to internalize how meaningless death is, and start... cutting loose a little.

Like "Fine. Maybe I SHOULD have killed Pan, and got Gohan fighting. Can just revive them anyway, like we always did with Bra, right?". It's about the only convincing way I can think of getting him on the dark side, apart from straight up mind control.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:16 am

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:25 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:59 pm "How dare you bring people back to life like death means nothing. In my universe, we bring the dead back to life it means nadda!
Honestly, I'm worried about the exact opposite; That he is going to internalize how meaningless death is, and start... cutting loose a little.

Like "Fine. Maybe I SHOULD have killed Pan, and got Gohan fighting. Can just revive them anyway, like we always did with Bra, right?". It's about the only convincing way I can think of getting him on the dark side, apart from straight up mind control.
That's a really good idea, honestly. It's probably the only way to salvage this story, and have the whole Bra thing actually be worth anything besides giving Salagir wank material

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:07 pm

I think he's just pissed at the situation overall. Like people ignoring his warnings about Bra and all.

More poingnant, I think it's likely he's starting to realize that Zen Buu could have solved everything from the beginning if he wanted - the amount of magical versatility he showed here should tip Vegito that Buu could have found the tournament grounds easily, and yet didn't, allowing everything there to happen.

Now, I don't know if THAT'S the reason, but that's my guess at least. And he would be right to feel that way - Zen Buu, despite his sportmanship, has showed to be quite a self-centered ass. Not that Vegito isn't one as well, but Buu is only doing what pleases him specifically. That can be VERY dangerous if he finds the idea of Vegito's loved ones dying amusing, for example.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:39 am

Vegetto must also be getting seriously pissed off about how magicians are constantly showing him up and displaying the limits of his own abilities. He came to the tournament under the belief that he was the biggest & baddest fighter there but even with all of his strength, Vegetto has repeatedly failed to overcome magical opponents...and its driving him apeshit. It also doesn't help that most of the other competitors & audience are more impressed with the magic displayed than with Vegetto's power and so, he might be getting the impression that he is being made out to be an underwhelming fighter or even a joke by this tournament.
Its not much of a surprise if he snaps within the next few pages.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:58 pm

This is soooooo dumb.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:07 pm

So, we could've been spared of that neverending and disgusting Majin Braifu stuff, and gone right into this egotistical shit from Vegito, much more interesting in my opinion. Is he suppose to not be bothered by Bra's rampage anymore?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:29 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:25 pmHonestly, I'm worried about the exact opposite; That he is going to internalize how meaningless death is, and start... cutting loose a little.

YES! One thousand of times yes! That would be pretty neat and like you said a convincing way to think how would he end up grabbing Gohan by the neck. But no, have Vegetto being an egocentric asshole and that's it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

AquaTeamV3

Post by AquaTeamV3 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:02 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:39 am Vegetto must also be getting seriously pissed off about how magicians are constantly showing him up and displaying the limits of his own abilities. He came to the tournament under the belief that he was the biggest & baddest fighter there but even with all of his strength, Vegetto has repeatedly failed to overcome magical opponents...and its driving him apeshit. It also doesn't help that most of the other competitors & audience are more impressed with the magic displayed than with Vegetto's power and so, he might be getting the impression that he is being made out to be an underwhelming fighter or even a joke by this tournament.
Its not much of a surprise if he snaps within the next few pages.
Yeah, I think this is what DBM has been building up to. Vegetto threw a tantrum after XXI won by tossing him into another dimension. Now you have Zen Buu and Gast pulling other magical shenanigans that he doesn't have an answer for. Up until the tournament he'd never so much as been injured, now he's surrounded by people that are able to take him out through non-conventional means. This is a huge blow to his ego, and he's 100% going to lose it in a salt-fueled rage.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:05 pm

dbgtFO wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:56 pm Image
The last two panels, I think, are the crux of Zenn Buu's plans; to bring Uub to his fullest potential (being the reincarnation of Kid Buu).

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:25 am

So I guess I was partially wrong, Vegito was just pissed that those guys have magic in itself. Well, that's kinda dumb. He faced magic before, he should know that it's supposed to be "unfair" to regular fighters. Really amazes me that Vegito never once thought of ways to actually counter magic until now.

Fable

Post by Fable » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:26 pm

I'm waiting for Vegetto to just pout and stomp his feet on the ground in a childlike tantrum. What a joke.

Also, "dishonest"? What did Salagir mean by this? Vegetto is literally who he is because two people merged out of desperation when their own powers as individual beings proved to be insufficient. You know...sort of like Gast and Boo? Only difference being is that Gast and Boo became one with a multitude of people. Fusion is itself dishonest.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:21 pm

Fable wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:26 pm I'm waiting for Vegetto to just pout and stomp his feet on the ground in a childlike tantrum. What a joke.

Also, "dishonest"? What did Salagir mean by this? Vegetto is literally who he is because two people merged out of desperation when their own powers as individual beings proved to be insufficient. You know...sort of like Gast and Boo? Only difference being is that Gast and Boo became one with a multitude of people. Fusion is itself dishonest.
Vegetto is relying on his own raw power. Gast and Buu use magic and tricks is what he is saying is dishonest.

Fable

Post by Fable » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:19 pm

What's "dishonest" about that? Gast isn't abusing it, he's been pretty honorable for the most part. Boo hasn't gone crazy (yet). The real reason he's crying is because his victory isn't guaranteed, now. In fact, he admits it: "I was supposed to win this tournament!" He's just complaining just to complain. Probably still hurt after the way he lost to XXI.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:35 am

Fable wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:19 pm What's "dishonest" about that? Gast isn't abusing it, he's been pretty honorable for the most part. Boo hasn't gone crazy (yet). The real reason he's crying is because his victory isn't guaranteed, now. In fact, he admits it: "I was supposed to win this tournament!" He's just complaining just to complain. Probably still hurt after the way he lost to XXI.
To Vegetto its dishonest because they aren't using raw power like everyone had done since DBZ took off. Gast would lose an outright fight to Vegetto bur his Magic would balance it out.

To Vegetto that is cheating.

Fable

Post by Fable » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:33 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:35 am
Fable wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:19 pm What's "dishonest" about that? Gast isn't abusing it, he's been pretty honorable for the most part. Boo hasn't gone crazy (yet). The real reason he's crying is because his victory isn't guaranteed, now. In fact, he admits it: "I was supposed to win this tournament!" He's just complaining just to complain. Probably still hurt after the way he lost to XXI.
To Vegetto its dishonest because they aren't using raw power like everyone had done since DBZ took off. Gast would lose an outright fight to Vegetto bur his Magic would balance it out.

Again, Potara themselves are magical tools. Vegetto was born because of magic.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:25 pm

Salagir loves making Dabura suffer.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Fable

Post by Fable » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:58 pm

They should get rid of Universe 16 while they're at it.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:39 pm

Fable wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:33 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:35 am

Again, Potara themselves are magical tools. Vegetto was born because of magic.
Vegetto himself doesn't use magic. Vegetto is strictly talking using magic in a fight. Buu was made of magic pre retcon and Vegetto is only talking about using Magic in a fight not being born of it.