Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Sun May 16, 2021 1:32 pm

What!? What type of writing is this!? Broly, a saiyan, a race that can't even breathe in outer space without suffocating, can survive a black hole and not have his organs crushed to hell and back through the power of plot armour, yet Fused Buu can't!? What!? What is this?!? Fused Buu has a better chance of surviving this onslaught than Broly does when you compare abilities yet Broly is the one who comes out on top!? Eh!?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Gonna be honest, figured they'd add one more page, lay it on extra thick...It's finally over.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun May 16, 2021 8:58 pm

Skar wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:12 pm I can agree with that and thought it was beyond what a character in DBM could do. I don't know the science of it or how fictional characters that enter a blackhole survive when they don't have regeneration or a healing factor though tbh. If Salagir didn't think Broly could survive this but changed his mind then it might've only been after seeing more impressive feats in the official continuation. As in maybe it's okay for a fan comic to do this as long as they remain below what the official series has done. I could be wrong but I assumed Beerus could survive the destruction of the universe against SSJG Goku and when him and Champa fought and it threatened both universes. Like they were meant to show that he was so powerful that entire universes could've been collateral damage and he wasn't too worried about being caught in the blast.
Always a possibility—though I do dislike it whenever Salagir pulls the "OG series didn't always make sense either!" card (like when he mentioned Cooler surviving the sun into Movie 5). It seems like he uses that to justify shortcuts in his writing, sometimes...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 17, 2021 10:40 am

I'm more in the camp of "I wasn't really questioning it until the story started actually trying to give a semi-scientific explanation."
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue May 18, 2021 11:55 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:58 pmAlways a possibility—though I do dislike it whenever Salagir pulls the "OG series didn't always make sense either!" card (like when he mentioned Cooler surviving the sun into Movie 5). It seems like he uses that to justify shortcuts in his writing, sometimes...
Yeah I'm not a fan of this logic in any kind of work. If something was bad or didn't make sense in the original, I think it's best to try to avoid or work around it in a sequel. I do think some common fanfic tropes were avoided in DBM but I hope more thought is out into the story moving forward to avoid the low points we've had.

Hypersayian
Banned

Post by Hypersayian » Tue May 18, 2021 1:21 pm

That last Broly special was horrible. I find it very dissapointing that we are getting two specials regulary now. Out of the last 7 chapters - 5 were specials. And while some are good - most are not. Unfortunately DB Multiverse started to lose it about 3 years ago with Babidi trying to take over.

The Broly wanking is bad
The Son Bra wanking was a fiasco
Ghast Carchol effortlessly subduing a SSJ3 Vegito is bs
Zen Buu somehow supposedly having surpassed SSJ3 Vegito is bs as well

The main story is treated as a sideshow and the whole Babidi trying to take over the tournament thing cost us an unnecessary 3 years. Pity.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue May 18, 2021 2:51 pm

Was Bra ever really that interesting of a character to justify turning her into the strongest female character in a major fanfic??? She was basically just a younger clone of Bulma when she appeared in GT and her half-Saiyan qualities were almost non-existent. Bra overall wasn't a drag on the story but she wasn't all that captivating either, she simply was there to show that not all Saiyan-human hybrids desire to train and get stronger. I personally like that premise more than making her a super strong Jekyll & Hyde-type fighter with a skewed sense of priorities.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue May 18, 2021 9:44 pm

So who's actually left as competitors in this tournament?

1.Goku
2.Vegeta
3.Oob
4. Regular Pan (I think)
5.Bra
6.Zen Boo
7.Wizard Guy that beat Vegetto
8. Dr. Raichi
Who else am I missing?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue May 18, 2021 10:32 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:44 pm So who's actually left as competitors in this tournament?

1.Goku
2.Vegeta
3.Oob
4. Regular Pan (I think)
5.Bra
6.Zen Boo
8. Dr. Raichi
Who else am I missing?
Gast, and I forget who else.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed May 19, 2021 5:50 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:44 pm So who's actually left as competitors in this tournament?

1.Goku
2.Vegeta
3.Oob
4. Regular Pan (I think)
5.Bra
6.Zen Boo
8. Dr. Raichi
Who else am I missing?
Gast defeated Raichi.

If this is the quarter finals it should only be these 8 left.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed May 19, 2021 12:16 pm

theherodjl wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:51 pm Was Bra ever really that interesting of a character to justify turning her into the strongest female character in a major fanfic??? She was basically just a younger clone of Bulma when she appeared in GT and her half-Saiyan qualities were almost non-existent. Bra overall wasn't a drag on the story but she wasn't all that captivating either, she simply was there to show that not all Saiyan-human hybrids desire to train and get stronger. I personally like that premise more than making her a super strong Jekyll & Hyde-type fighter with a skewed sense of priorities.
Well, that was the main universe one. But Salagir got it into his head, "hmmm, Vegito would still make Bra, so Bra would be super duper saiyan, instead of a regular saiyan!"

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Wed May 19, 2021 12:49 pm

theherodjl wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:51 pm Was Bra ever really that interesting of a character to justify turning her into the strongest female character in a major fanfic???
No. She's actually very boring and flat character. Maybe it's on purpose, but I don't want to believe that Salagir wanted us to hate Bra. Something went bad along the way and it's now too late to change the course, especially when we know that everyone will forgive her crimes, which has zero sense behind it. Yes, Vegeta was forgiven too, but it took years to happen. It literally took five minutes for Bra.
Don't forget that Vegetto is now the Big Bad, because... reasons.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed May 19, 2021 1:20 pm

1.Goku
2.Vegeta
3.Oob
4. Regular Pan (I think)
5.Bra
6.Zen Boo
8. Dr. Raichi
Who else am I missing?
Ghast beat Raichi and he's perma dead.

Whose side do you think Raichi would have taken in the majin rebellion?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Wed May 19, 2021 2:34 pm

The contenders left/next fights are:

Goku vs Oob
Vegeta vs Cell
XXI vs Boo
Bra vs Gast

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 19, 2021 4:58 pm

At this point, I’m sure Salagir is basically writing a troll fic.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:36 pm

Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Wed May 19, 2021 7:34 pm

HeroR wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:58 pm At this point, I’m sure Salagir is basically writing a troll fic.
As all fanfiction should be.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed May 19, 2021 9:04 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:16 pmWell, that was the main universe one. But Salagir got it into his head, "hmmm, Vegito would still make Bra, so Bra would be super duper saiyan, instead of a regular saiyan!"
Which is weird because 1/3rd of Bra's DNA comes from Goku yet she still looks exactly the same as the product of Bulma & Vegeta. They couldn't have drawn her with a few spikes of hair or a darker hair color to signify that she was slightly different from her main universe counterpart? IIRC, the Trunks from U9 has a tweaked appearance as a result of not being Vegeta's child so what's up with Bra?

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Wed May 19, 2021 9:35 pm

theherodjl wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:04 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:16 pmWell, that was the main universe one. But Salagir got it into his head, "hmmm, Vegito would still make Bra, so Bra would be super duper saiyan, instead of a regular saiyan!"
Which is weird because 1/3rd of Bra's DNA comes from Goku yet she still looks exactly the same as the product of Bulma & Vegeta. They couldn't have drawn her with a few spikes of hair or a darker hair color to signify that she was slightly different from her main universe counterpart? IIRC, the Trunks from U9 has a tweaked appearance as a result of not being Vegeta's child so what's up with Bra?
It is strange that the two Bras look identical, but I think the logic is that Bra looks nothing at all like Vegeta anyway. She just looks like a different take on Bulma.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu May 20, 2021 4:34 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:35 pmIt is strange that the two Bras look identical, but I think the logic is that Bra looks nothing at all like Vegeta anyway. She just looks like a different take on Bulma.
I guess Bulma's got the dominant genes in both relationships since either pair of Trunks & Bra resemble Bulma a lot more than they do Vegeta & Vegetto.
I wouldn't even be surprised if Bra's power comes from Bulma's temperamental attitude and anger and that Vegetto just happens to be the father. :D