Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

korsten
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by korsten » Tue May 31, 2022 3:58 pm

According to David it’ll happen after bra’s fight, it’s going to be the manner of defeat that will anger vegetto (but it may not occur straight after it.

I got two pm’s saying if this was from the budokai team, yes it is. My friend contributed to them for a few years, helped with cel shading, but this is a reward feature, and images are too cool not to show.

Budokai are doing a really great job, they even got exclusive to publish the Color pages on their shop when dbm’s own colouring team is done.

TheBritWriter
Banned

Post by TheBritWriter » Tue May 31, 2022 4:09 pm

Sorry, I don't know if I'm misreading this, but are you trying to say that Budokai Multiverse are offering advanced pages to long term subscribers?

korsten
Banned Alternate Account

Post by korsten » Tue May 31, 2022 5:11 pm

Why should that be a problem, budokai has a shop, salagir gives details to his team and gives to David and my friend’s. Difference is there’s a reward tier system.

Paying to see things in advance is not a problem when it’s affordable.

TheBritWriter
Banned

Post by TheBritWriter » Tue May 31, 2022 6:27 pm

Affordable isn't the point, you are saying budokai multiverse are using pages, not intended for profit, to be used as financial incentives.

That is a very big deal.

korsten
Banned Alternate Account

Post by korsten » Tue May 31, 2022 6:46 pm

https://dbma-official-shop.creator-spring.com/?

Please note the word ‘official’ this couldn’t had been done without salagir’s involvment. No one would be donating if this wasn’t an official adaption (which it is because salagir is involved just as we get pages ahead)

I put money to supporting Dbm as a whole, that is what matters for multiverse and budokai.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:12 am

DBM can't make any money even from donations directly lest a legal problem comes up.

korsten
Banned Alternate Account

Post by korsten » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:31 am

No legal issues ever occurred since salagir extended this onto budokai, David had been doing a great job so far in animating salagir’s vision.

The shop address stands for dragonball multiverse association, (Dbma) with official added.

Like I said myself, my friend and a few others wouldn’t be donating if it weren’t officially tied to Dbm.

The website and patreon have been around since 2016 so any concern of legal is an exaggeration.

Edit: https://www.patreon.com/animaster3000

And it is official because salagir says he provides script and even has them on dbm’s own Facebook.

Salagir even suggested name change to them to avoid legal complication. But if you contribute for 6 months like I have you get advanced pages which I think is worth it.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:22 am

korsten wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:31 am No legal issues ever occurred since salagir extended this onto budokai, David had been doing a great job so far in animating salagir’s vision.
This is what Salagir said about Multiverse Budokai on discord:

DBM definitely intends to remain non-profit including no donations. Fanwork that tries to make money usually attract the wrong attention and potentially shutdown. Besides that it's also a matter of principle that you don't legally own this franchise so all fanwork should only be done as a hobby or tribute but remain free.

There are a few dozens translators and members of the team who have access to advanced pages but they're not supposed to share them. If the people working on DBM aren't suppose to leak pages, a side project based on DBM shouldn't be the one doing it.

korsten
Banned Alternate Account

Post by korsten » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:27 am

Then you have a problem as I have been told (along with my friend and a few others) that we are supporting an official extension of the brand.

The pages and spoilers I got we’re part of a reward for our financial contribution. I didn’t had to show the pages but I couldn’t resist but I did nothing wrong.

They are not leaks, that implies incompetence or theft.

This was part of a reward scheme, and who doesn’t want confirmation bra will lose or that uub will develop to becoming a more powerful character? What I state is good advertisement for multiverse.

David has done nothing wrong and salagir knows about the official dragon ball association shop.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:28 pm

korsten wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:27 am Then you have a problem as I have been told (along with my friend and a few others) that we are supporting an official extension of the brand.

The pages and spoilers I got we’re part of a reward for our financial contribution. I didn’t had to show the pages but I couldn’t resist but I did nothing wrong.

They are not leaks, that implies incompetence or theft.

This was part of a reward scheme, and who doesn’t want confirmation bra will lose or that uub will develop to becoming a more powerful character? What I state is good advertisement for multiverse.

David has done nothing wrong and salagir knows about the official dragon ball association shop.
Sorry I'm not accusing you since you assumed it would be fine to share them. DBM has been ongoing for over ten years without ever having a Patreon. All the artists and translators have been contributing for free. DBM itself and other fan comics it's hosting on its site aren't making any money or giving early access to pages for those paying extra so it doesn't really make sense for Multiverse Budokai to do it.

Kanzenshuu recently had a Patreon but that's only to help cover some of the costs of running the site. There's no merchandise shop with the goal of earning a profit. They've also mentioned the forum has some ads but that there aren't any in the Fan Works section. Profiting from a fan project is not only wrong but also risks legal issues that could get the entire project shutdown.

Salagir2

Post by Salagir2 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:11 am

Well, that's a dick move to use special accesses to show pages in advance.
I think the leak comes from a translator of DBM.
Someone was given trust and used it to be an asshole and a traitor for the hope a little recognition and internet fame.
You won't get any.

This korsten person is saying several wrong things so let me answer them :

I don't give pages to the Multiverse Budokai team (they wouldn't need them anyway, they animate the beginning of DBM).

All the text spoilers korsten wrote are random possible outcomes, and many are quite wrong. I won't give detail to not give more possible spoilers.

> "According to David"
Poor David got no more access than anyone else could have and I don't think he is involved here :)

> "they even got exclusive to publish the Color pages on their shop when dbm’s own colouring team is done."
Nope.

> "since salagir extended this onto budokai"
Nope.

> "The shop address stands for dragonball multiverse association, (Dbma)"
This was DBM animation and i asked David to use a different name, which he kindly did (Multiverse Budokai), but the shop adress, well, it's the shop address :) I don't think it's easy to change.
I personally don't like this sales online, DBM itself won't do any, but it's their choice (in order to do full quality episodes, they need a lots of money to pay many artists).

The screenshot Skar provided with my talks from Discord is 100% accurate.

DBMultiverse (me) and Budokai (David) are separate projects and living their separate life.
We stay good friends and I won't hesitate to help (like giving all the dialogues in text format in all languages for easy subtitles, giving a few HD images , anything to make the project great)

> "The pages and spoilers I got we’re part of a reward for our financial contribution."
I think many here would like to know how you got them exactly ; and where you contribute.
Multiverse Budokai patreon doesn't give DBM pages as rewards, and that's confirmed by David.
Stupid things on DBZ - Dragon Ball Multiverse Webcomic
-what happened in dbz today?
-they fought some guy

korsten
Banned Alternate Account

Post by korsten » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:01 am

I’ll stop contributing than you liar.

I’m sorry of course I showed something that meant for contributors alone. I’m sorry I got excited and thought I show the work and do you guys a favour.

I’m sorry you didn’t like the revelation of gast returning or that he defeats bra. I’m sorry for revealing details that I was entrusted by my friend on budokai.

I am sorry for him.

Not you, for twisting what I said.

I been told budokai was official and an extension and you come up here to try and weasel a excuse out, to stab someone in the back.

The story leak of buu being unbeatable and is teleported back? Bra losing to gast and vegetto rampage happening after? The source I’m told is from a established fan fic writer of big writing material. Try to find that needle in the haystack you bastard!

Have fun knowing now that you came here and fucking stabbed me, a contributor to the back! How fucking dare you, you have budokai trailer on your site, they say it’s official. They have a shop and at no point did you say it was unofficial or payments weren’t go to Dbm members. How about you apologise to them?

FUCK YOU.

I’m leaving this account so don’t waste your breath replying to me ever.

TheBritWriter
Banned

Post by TheBritWriter » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:00 am

You have some audacity to rant all that given all you did was bring about paranoia and distrust.

It's very shameful to disclose details for the sake of fame, while turning this into a sideshow. Outcomes can change at any time, the knowledge you think can easily be worthless, you are throwing speculation into the mix of established pages.

That though has angered more people you care to realise, there isn't just one person working on a page and it's done, there are translators, other artists who help with the prepping. You have people like myself (and budokai) that rely on salagir's input for other matters or research, almost compromised because you took a leak and used it for your own means. An effective group needs two things.

Communication
Trust.

It may be fun for the bystander but you should had taken into account, maybe even your contact who you likely scared away after posting something that wasn't meant to be shown.

DBM still has a story to tell, and from people who been part of the group far longer then I been in.

I hate to burst your bubble on this but there is no fan fic established writer, salagir's inner team consist of people with professional and industry based achievements. There is no fan writer or fan advisor.

Budokai I do have different views on, but I'm yet to see any evidence they misled anyone.

If you are lurking to reading this somehow then I suggest you move on and have a think over things.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:35 am

Anyway, that person's gone (both seemingly of their own will, but also administratively following their weirdo weirdness of weird outburst).

But hey also, the person responding immediately after them was literally just that same person responding to themselves on an alternate account from the exact same location.

Don't be a weirdo, folks. We all have better things to be doing.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:26 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:35 am Anyway, that person's gone (both seemingly of their own will, but also administratively following their weirdo weirdness of weird outburst).

But hey also, the person responding immediately after them was literally just that same person responding to themselves on an alternate account from the exact same location.

Don't be a weirdo, folks. We all have better things to be doing.
That's kinda if scary seeing someone posting like that, like they're two different people. Anyway back on topic.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:59 pm

Anyway here's today's page with proper font:

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:17 pm

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:34 pm

Nice try, pretty Bird.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:09 pm

I feel like I'm the only one enjoying this ridiculousness.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:53 pm

Nope. I'm enjoying this too. And I still fail to see how Buu is the bad guy here. He's only using as much force as he has to in order to defend himself. He's not pointlessly murdering anyone, unlike Bra was earlier...