Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Godo
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Godo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:03 am

rereboy wrote:Ultimate Buu is uber powerful as he is and you want to add to him invulnerability??
Godo wrote: To add, with Ultra Buu's regenerative powers and also probably humongous strength, he would be a great "invulnerable" candidate. Even though he wouldn't be fully invulnerable,
Simply what I meant is that any Buu really is invulnerable to any attacks if he is superior to an opponent or at least equal.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:21 am

Oh, I see.

Well, the regeneration process is kind of abused in the series already (Nameks, Cell, Buu), so, even if it can possibly be considered a type of invulnerability, I think that Brolly ability is very, very different.

And so, it serves the purpose of adding something new to the fights dynamics.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:54 pm

Like I've said before, I don't have any problem with the, "god mode that you have to be knocked out of to be harmed" idea. It just sucks that they wasted it on Broly, of all people. :/
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:21 pm

I can't think of anyone else in DragonBall to whom the "God Mode" could be applied, though. Broli's whole LSSJ ZOMG thing kinda lends itself to the excuse.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:I can't think of anyone else in DragonBall to whom the "God Mode" could be applied, though. Broli's whole LSSJ ZOMG thing kinda lends itself to the excuse.

~Da Lemmy
Yeah. The closest you could get would be Garlic Jr. but he doesn't have the fandom concept of his ki always increasing non-stop to explain him being on par with Vegetto (especially SSJ2 Vegetto). No only that, but there's really only one way to beat Garlic Jr., knocking him into the Dead Zone. Which has been done in the series. Twice.
Godo wrote:To add, with Ultra Buu's regenerative powers and also probably humongous strength, he would be a great "invulnerable" candidate. Even though he wouldn't be fully invulnerable, it would be ok, since I agree with the opinions stating that invulnerability itself is an awful concept.
Except that Ultra Buu can still be overpowered by a stronger opponent, so fighting him is no different than fighting Cell or the Super Namek. Regeneration or not, it still boils down to "I'm stronger, so I win!" Meanwhile Brolly can't be simply overpowered. Which is what makes this interesting, waiting to see what Vegetto does to knock him out of LSSJ and win.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:03 pm

They've shown they can create some interesting original characters of their own. Why not save the "God Mode" power for one of them?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:11 pm

I don't understand this whole "knock him out of god mode" concept. If he's completely invulnerable to attacks then he can't possibly be "knocked out" I don't think. It's been suggested that it could be some sort of psychological thing to do with it, but what could he possibly do, sneak up on him and scare him out of this state? That wouldn't even be funny anymore at this point.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:15 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:I don't understand this whole "knock him out of god mode" concept. If he's completely invulnerable to attacks then he can't possibly be "knocked out" I don't think. It's been suggested that it could be some sort of psychological thing to do with it, but what could he possibly do, sneak up on him and scare him out of this state? That wouldn't even be funny anymore at this point.
Well, think of it this way: how did Goku and the others beat Brolly in that flashback?

Brolly was winning when, suddenly, his dead father appears in front of him talking to him (Whaaaat??), then his dead father becomes a little pig (WTF?????) and then Brolly gets a Genki Dama more powerful than him that manages to push him thousands of miles into the vaccum of space and collide with a giant-ass comet.

I would say that all those experiences provided Brolly with enough mental and physical stress to make him unstable and drop out of LSSJ.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:22 pm

rereboy wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:I don't understand this whole "knock him out of god mode" concept. If he's completely invulnerable to attacks then he can't possibly be "knocked out" I don't think. It's been suggested that it could be some sort of psychological thing to do with it, but what could he possibly do, sneak up on him and scare him out of this state? That wouldn't even be funny anymore at this point.
Well, think of it this way: how did Goku and the others beat Brolly in that flashback?

Brolly was winning when, suddenly, his dead father appears in front of him talking to him (Whaaaat??), then his dead father becomes a little pig (WTF?????) and then Brolly gets a Genki Dama more powerful than him that manages to push him thousands of miles into the vaccum of space and collide with a giant-ass comet.

I would say that all those experiences provided Brolly with enough mental and physical stress to make him unstable and drop out of LSSJ.
I can just imagine it now, Broly VS Vegetto mid fight Vegetto asks Broly "What color does a Smurf go when you choke it?" Completely bamboozle him then smack him in the face removing his head.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:24 am

Yeah, Salagir's said it's psychological shock. No idea what that will be, yet. That's one of the reasons I'm interested in the fight. I want to see what they come up with.
Sshadow5001 wrote:I can just imagine it now, Broly VS Vegetto mid fight Vegetto asks Broly "What color does a Smurf go when you choke it?" Completely bamboozle him then smack him in the face removing his head.
They turn blue, of course. Didn't you know they're really green? :P

A cookie to anyone who gets the reference!
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:36 am

Xyex wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:I can just imagine it now, Broly VS Vegetto mid fight Vegetto asks Broly "What color does a Smurf go when you choke it?" Completely bamboozle him then smack him in the face removing his head.
They turn blue, of course. Didn't you know they're really green? :P

A cookie to anyone who gets the reference!

Man...I've been hearing that joke since I was little. I do know that they're green because you have to adjust the color on your TV.

Can't quite remember that factoid came from, though...
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:48 am

Cartoon FUNdamentals, old-school Cartoon Network bumper.

My work here is done.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:11 am

Big Momma wrote:Man...I've been hearing that joke since I was little. I do know that they're green because you have to adjust the color on your TV.

Can't quite remember that factoid came from, though...
bkev wrote:Cartoon FUNdamentals, old-school Cartoon Network bumper.

My work here is done.
*Breaks cookie in half and gives each of you one*

That's the only one of those that's stuck with me. I think because it made me crack up so hard the first time I saw it.
<Xyex> Good point.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:34 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:I can't think of anyone else in DragonBall to whom the "God Mode" could be applied, though. Broli's whole LSSJ ZOMG thing kinda lends itself to the excuse.
Except for the whole thing where it's completely fucking retarded. Broly was shocked when Goku stopped his punch cold after absorbing Vegeta's energy (Hm...Vegeta plus Kakarot...) but nothing happened to his form, and then Goku ripped a hole in his gut. And then his face split apart as he screamed. Broly is exactly the same as every other movie villain - invincible until the final blow.

Oh wait, my bad, that's the actual Broly, not Magical Fanwank Shit Broly.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:17 am

I ain't sayin' that it's right. I'm merely pointing out that I can understand why this particular character BECAME the comic's Magical Fanwank Shit to begin with. As the Legendary Super Saiyan, it's the manner in which the initial character was made and portrayed that lends itself to what he has become here.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Yowza, they're beating the crap out of each other...in such great art!!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:34 pm

Xyex wrote:
Yeah, Salagir's said it's psychological shock. No idea what that will be, yet. That's one of the reasons I'm interested in the fight. I want to see what they come up with.
My guess is all the mutliverse's Goku's stand together. Then, when Vegetto has his back to them, Broly sees them in the bg, has an aneurism that takes him to SSJ4 (ie: stronger than LSSJ, but no longer invulernable), and Vegetto takes him out.

God I hope this comment remains a joke and not a reality.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:22 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Image

Yowza, they're beating the crap out of each other...in such great art!!
Now that is a pretty page.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:40 pm

You know, as nice as the punching and kicking is... there hasn't been a semblance of anything like plot advancement for 2 months. It is getting redundant.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:43 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Yowza, they're beating the crap out of each other...in such great art!!
NO DEY AIN'T CUZ BWOLY IZ INVINCIBUL