Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TonyTheTiger » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:22 pm

Eh. Well, there are only two panels with Gohan from up front during that moment and both feature Goku. Here only one does. That's what I was pointing out. The two panels are separated by Vegeta's interference which didn't seem to happen in U17, perhaps justifying the change.

It was that opportunity that gave Goku and Gohan the extra bit of room to push as hard as possible. At least that seems to be the interpretation Salagir was going for. Which, if true, doesn't reflect as poorly on Gohan as everybody made it out to be. I do think they could have trimmed his lines a bit, though. Maybe a simple "I'm sorry..." would have sufficed instead of the speech about not being able to continue.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:28 pm

I think Vegeta didn't intervene because Gohan gave up before Vegeta decided to blast at Cell (if Gohan hadn't given up, like in the manga). Perhaps he didn't realize Gohan was struggling so much that he'd lose, and it was a matter of Gohan suddenly losing energy and Cell blasting Gohan before Vegeta could do anything.
TonyTheTiger wrote:Eh. Well, there are only two panels with Gohan from up front during that moment and both feature Goku. Here only one does. That's what I was pointing out. The two panels are separated by Vegeta's interference which didn't seem to happen in U17, perhaps justifying the change.

It was that opportunity that gave Goku and Gohan the extra bit of room to push as hard as possible. At least that seems to be the interpretation Salagir was going for. Which, if true, doesn't reflect as poorly on Gohan as everybody made it out to be. I do think they could have trimmed his lines a bit, though. Maybe a simple "I'm sorry..." would have sufficed instead of the speech about not being able to continue.
Goku was still spiritually supporting Gohan, image of Goku or not. You still see him with Kaio, talking to Gohan, which means he's still supporting him. There were still panels where you don't see Goku behind Gohan in the manga, and that was before Vegeta intervened.

Although I also think Vegeta's intervention was the opportunity that gave Gohan the chance to destroy Cell. He was losing the beam struggle until Vegeta distracted Cell. But who knows? Maybe we'll get some more information on the next page.

And yeah, I think they should've trimmed Gohan's lines and had him simply say, "I'm sorry..." too.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

TonyTheTiger

Post by TonyTheTiger » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:36 pm

That's possible, too. Would be funny if Vegeta shoots him now.

Ah, well. It's moot because Gohan is dust and now it's Yamcha's turn in the Cell Games!

Go Yamcha! :D

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Tenshinhan should attempt to use the Mafuba and seal Cell into 16's head.
EDIT: Oh wait, his head was smashed...

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Maybe Vegeta will become a SSj2 in the next page.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:56 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Maybe Vegeta will become a SSj2 in the next page.
If he does, I doubt he'll be strong enough to defeat Cell. If SSj2 Gohan was slightly stronger than Super Perfect Cell, then SSj2 Vegeta would be weaker and probably weaker than Cell too.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
If he does, I doubt he'll be strong enough to defeat Cell. If SSj Gohan was slightly stronger than Super Perfect Cell, then SSj2 Vegeta would be weaker and probably weaker than Cell too.
What?
You mean SSJ 2 Gohan right?

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:44 pm

I think he was referring to the fact that Gohan used only one hand against Super Perfect Cell, and thus beat him with only ½ of his power. And since SSJ2 officially doubles the power, that would mean SSJ Gohan would be stronger than Super Perfect Cell.

However, I myself don't believe on that. I believe Super Perfect Cell is almost identical in power to SSJ2 Gohan.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:52 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
If he does, I doubt he'll be strong enough to defeat Cell. If SSj Gohan was slightly stronger than Super Perfect Cell, then SSj2 Vegeta would be weaker and probably weaker than Cell too.
What?
You mean SSJ 2 Gohan right?
Yeah, sorry. SSj2 Gohan, injured with one hand, was still able to destroy Cell using all his power, meaning he must be stronger than him.

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:02 pm

The artwork here is up and down throughout this special...:/

Well there's Vegeta...did not ascend, no lightning, no prominent spikes. So yea, they're obviously screwed
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:25 pm

This may seem a bit mean of me, but... the coloring is the only redeeming quality to this special chapter's art so far.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:16 pm

No offence, but...that art looks shit.

Oh yeah, and they're all gonna get screwed over.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Kaboom wrote:This may seem a bit mean of me, but... the coloring is the only redeeming quality to this special chapter's art so far.
And even then, the coloring isn't that good. The hard shading is handled fine, but all those soft spots and the lighting seem a little messy. For example in the last panel of the recent page, Yamcha's clothes look more like they're covered in feces than actually shaded well.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Well at least they got Krillin's height right...
Seriously though I don't dislike this. Ever since Rereboy warned us about the special not having great art, I thought it'd be even worse than the Trunks/#16 special, yet it isn't, so I'm genuinely supportive of this chapter, if it doesn't get any worse than this.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:12 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Well at least they got Krillin's height right...
Seriously though I don't dislike this. Ever since Rereboy warned us about the special not having great art, I thought it'd be even worse than the Trunks/#16 special, yet it isn't, so I'm genuinely supportive of this chapter, if it doesn't get any worse than this.
It does get worse. Not a lot worse... but yeah.

Thats why I tried to "squash" any possible high hopes you guys had for the chapter right from the start.

Fortunately, this special/filler won't be that long and the remaining special chapters will have a lot better art, according to Salagir.

TonyTheTiger

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Eh. The art does it's job well enough. The fact that it's one of the more interesting specials helps a lot. I'm hoping we get to see more than Cell just kill everybody. I want to see what he does once he takes over the world.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:31 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:Eh. The art does it's job well enough. The fact that it's one of the more interesting specials helps a lot. I'm hoping we get to see more than Cell just kill everybody. I want to see what he does once he takes over the world.
I'm hoping Mr. Satan gets killed by Cell on live television.
It would be nice with a little joke about that or something.
rereboy wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Well at least they got Krillin's height right...
It does get worse. Not a lot worse... but yeah.

Thats why I tried to "squash" any possible high hopes you guys had for the chapter right from the start.

Fortunately, this special/filler won't be that long and the remaining special chapters will have a lot better art, according to Salagir.
Okay. It'll be interesting to see nevertheless!

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:19 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Tenshinhan-san wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Also having read DBM the novel, I know Cell didn't outright destroy the Earth immediately after having won the beam struggle.
Wait, what..?
Google translated and all! :wink: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... 6prmd%3Div
Why, thank you, sir! :D

TonyTheTiger

Post by TonyTheTiger » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:27 pm

Shit, I don't think Yamcha is aiming at Cell. :shock:

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:52 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:Shit, I don't think Yamcha is aiming at Cell. :shock:
Why so? He's facing the same direction as the others.