Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Saiga
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8291
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Space Australia

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Saiga » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:19 pm

rereboy wrote:
coola wrote:Well, wanting to break your son skull without any reason is quite mean
You are right, its sounds nothing like something Vegeta might say when he's frustated and blowing off steam...
That's actually quite right. There's no fucking way Boo arc Vegeta would think that about Trunks.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

User avatar
RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8821
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Or Gohan, for that matter.
> RandomGuy96, about the difference in power between Android 16 & Suppressed Mecha Freeza. here

I don't see it so big actually. Why not? because this kind of list can be found in many other parts of the saga, actually. And you summarize it all in one line : "(BIG GAP)". This gap can also count for 10 characters, making the number of lines bogus.
The gap you talk about, is very tiny compared to the gap between Nappa-Ginue, Ginue-Freeza, Freeza-Perfect Cell, Cell-Buu, or Buu-Vegetto....
Still, some characters went from a gap to another like magic. If it's possible for Goku, Piccolo, why not a few others ?

> Trunks tried to attack Perfect Cell mid-transformation. It didn't do a damn thing because Cell was just that much stronger.

I don't like "infinite shield around transformation". When Trunks attacks after, Perfect Cell isn't invincible against him. I mean he can't take a punch without moving. That means that *before* he was perfect, he could do a barrier better than after ? Magic :p
Also, it's not because Cell got an indestructible barrier when transforming that Cold got one. It would be normal that it's the case, but as nothing of the sort was shown, it's the author to decide.
So I understand your point, but I can go around it and decide transforming isn't that easy for Cold, in my fanfic.

> Why didn't he transform the minute he got to Earth?

- He knows that Freeza lost by a small margin last time and is stronger now. He is also about as strong as his son (in my vision), so that's 2 against one with equivalent power.
- He can't control himself when transformed.
Because Cold was explicitly stated several times to be weaker than Freeza, and you seem to treat it not as "Cold got new transformations and got stronger", but rather "Cold was always this strong but lied several times about it and is also the dumbest person in the galaxy".

Well, you can not like it, but that's what happened. Also, Cell totally tanked a full force kick to a vital area without budging an inch WHILE SUPPRESSED from someone stronger than Trunks. What we saw was likely just unsuppressed Cell- or hell, just less suppressed Cell. Barrier or no (why the hell wouldn't Cold be able to use a barrier if Freeza can?), Cold in the process of transforming would be so much stronger than Trunks it wouldn't matter.

He knows what? Why did Freeza lie to his dad about his and Goku's fight being close? :shock: Anyway, even if that were true, that sequence STILL doesn't make any sense, as Cold is taking an unnecessary risk by 'suppressing' himself to half of Freeza's own power (Cold = suppressed Freeza was stated) basically putting a giant "kill me" sign over his head. And he also goes out of his way to lie all the time about his son being stronger than him, I guess.

So I ask again: rather than violate canon and make the entire beginning of the android arc an idiot plot, why not just not have a line about Cold being haxxed? What did it add to the story? If you want to focus on Cold, since you don't think he got enough attention in the actual series, why does he need to be anywhere near that strong to beat Videl and Bardock? If you need Videl and Bardock that strong for whatever reason and yet still want a Frost Demon to advance, why not have Cooler advance? He's ACTUALLY strong enough to beat someone who can stomp Freeza, so no contradiction is needed there.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

User avatar
Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:35 am
Location: Australia

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Son Edo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:28 am

I want to see Super Boo and Cell interact with each other.

User avatar
Tzigi
Regular
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:36 am
Location: Litzmannstadt
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Tzigi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:21 am

Just thought you might want to know something more about the new chapter - Charlotte aka Kira (that's the nickname she uses in the Italian comments section) has posted way in 2010 a single image from her chapter
Image
If it seems similar than you're right - that's the same panel that PoF drew for his u16 special chapter:
Image
That's about all I can say no - all the other info I have is restricted to DBM translating team :P

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:16 am

Saiga wrote:
rereboy wrote:
coola wrote:Well, wanting to break your son skull without any reason is quite mean
You are right, its sounds nothing like something Vegeta might say when he's frustated and blowing off steam...
That's actually quite right. There's no fucking way Boo arc Vegeta would think that about Trunks.
First, Gohan isn't Vegeta son. Second, Boo arc Vegeta wouldn't do that to Gohan, like he would in the Saiyan, Namek and probably even in the Cell arc if Gohan frustrated him (and even in the Buu arc, when he was Majin, he would do that to Gohan without any problems).

But yelling that he felt like doing it after being frustrated? I don't see why not. Just because Vegeta is tamed in and after the Buu arc to the point that he can be considered a good guy, that doesn't mean that his personality is gone all of the sudden. You all seem to forget who Vegeta is and what he has done. Sure, he's reformed, but his personality will never be as pleasant or as good as some of the other guys. And half of Vegetto is Vegeta.
RandomGuy96 wrote:Or Gohan, for that matter.
Er, Vegeta actually did or tried to do that to Gohan in the Saiyan and Namek arc, he would probably do that to Gohan in the Cell arc if he was frustrated enough since in that arc he didn't even lift a finger to save Bulma and baby Trunks from Gero's attack, and even in the Buu arc he would probably do that to Gohan if he was frustrated enough since he was willing to become Majin and kill a lot of people just to get to fight Goku.

So, post-Buu arc Vegeta merely saying that he felt like doing that while seriously frustrated without actually doing it? Seems perfectly in line with him. And Vegetto is 50% Vegeta.

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by omegalucas » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:48 pm

Salagir, this seems to be the pact! xD
TonyTheTiger wrote: I'm still waiting for Bra to lose her shirt. Come on, Salagir! Write it in, even if it's for just one panel!

And the pact still stands! If Bra appears topless in DBM we all change our avatars to the relevant panel(s) for one month.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

User avatar
hulkty
Banned
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by hulkty » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Even though Chi-Chi was a b*tch at times...I feel sorry for her after what Vegito did to her. :(

User avatar
hulkty
Banned
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by hulkty » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Another random thought...don't you think it would be annoying living with Vegito after a while?
Think about it... hearing 2 voices at the same time consistently...
Much of been weird when Vegito and Bulma were "getting down". Hearing Goku and Vegeta's voice making moan sounds at the same time LOL :lol: :lolno:

User avatar
Gonstead
I Live Here
Posts: 3500
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:33 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Gonstead » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:36 pm

Unless of course if the two voices thing went away with time.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10272
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Gonstead wrote:Unless of course if the two voices thing went away with time.
Did the original anime have the two voices? For some reason I thought it was a Funimation thing.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

User avatar
TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10591
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Gonstead wrote:Unless of course if the two voices thing went away with time.
Did the original anime have the two voices? For some reason I thought it was a Funimation thing.
50% of dubs have it and the other 50 doesn't. The original audio had it as well. The original audio did it the best through. It flows better and kinda smooth.
Much of been weird when Vegito and Bulma were "getting down". Hearing Goku and Vegeta's voice making moan sounds at the same time LOL
I say this as a fan of the original audio. With Goku's high pitch voice that must have been extremely awkward.
Unless of course if the two voices thing went away with time.
IF they happen then I picture the voice being a nice mix of the two but not one voice. Something like Turles or Trunks voice.
I DO NOT HAVE A TWITTER
Son Goten

User avatar
Gonstead
I Live Here
Posts: 3500
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:33 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Gonstead » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Probably like the Ocean dub which had Brian Drummond incorporate a part of Kirby Morrow's Goku into his voice for Vegetto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4rUysFkf3A
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

User avatar
TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10591
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Gonstead wrote:Probably like the Ocean dub which had Brian Drummond incorporate a part of Kirby Morrow's Goku into his voice for Vegetto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4rUysFkf3A
The only Ocean dub voiced I liked. Through that would't work for the original audio lol. Just can't see Ryo doing something similar to Goku's original voice. Which is why I was thinking of Turles but with slightly deeper voice.
I DO NOT HAVE A TWITTER
Son Goten

User avatar
Scarz
I Live Here
Posts: 3382
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 am
Location: New York

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Scarz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:39 pm

hulkty wrote:Hearing Goku and Vegeta's voice making moan sounds at the same time
Just the thought of this gave me the biggest girl boner since... this morning.

User avatar
TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10591
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Scarz wrote:
hulkty wrote:Hearing Goku and Vegeta's voice making moan sounds at the same time
Just the thought of this gave me the biggest girl boner since... this morning.
Don't tell CHUQUITA that xD. She would want a Super Saiyan God Goku moan.
I DO NOT HAVE A TWITTER
Son Goten

User avatar
hulkty
Banned
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by hulkty » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Scarz wrote:
hulkty wrote:Hearing Goku and Vegeta's voice making moan sounds at the same time
Just the thought of this gave me the biggest girl boner since... this morning.
*Covers face with hand* oh God... :oops:

User avatar
Insertclevername
I Live Here
Posts: 3207
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:27 pm
Location: Eastern Zone 439

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Scarz wrote:
hulkty wrote:Hearing Goku and Vegeta's voice making moan sounds at the same time
Just the thought of this gave me the biggest girl boner since... this morning.
Silly Scarz, girls don't get boners; boys get boners. Silly Scarz.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10261
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:08 pm

Insertclevername wrote:
Silly Scarz, girls don't get boners; boys get boners. Silly Scarz.
"Clitoral erection is a physiological phenomenon where the clitoris becomes enlarged and firm. Clitoral erection is the result of a complex interaction of psychological, neural, vascular and endocrine factors, and is usually, though not exclusively, associated with sexual arousal."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_erection

Image

User avatar
Insertclevername
I Live Here
Posts: 3207
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:27 pm
Location: Eastern Zone 439

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Well, I guess I stand corrected.
..
...
.....
*jumps off bridge*
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13023
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Salagir2 wrote:
> dbzfan7: But I find it odd how the main universe is barely focused on at all.

That is because I have so much to tell on the new universes, whereas you know most of U18.
I know it's getting some people down, especially how I show so little of Gokû. Event Uub & Vegeta18 were shown more than him.
It's because I had things to tell about them, and not about Gokû.
It's understandable to put the focus on the other universes in some cases. But the main universe isn't really focused on too much and has practically become as background as the U10. Why even have the normal universe if they are just going to be ignored. The specials seem to cover what most of the other universes are like, so shouldn't the time be divided equally between the more important universes. U16 seems to be the one that gets much more screen time than the others.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Post Reply