Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:03 am

Well, I know everyone has different views on that sort of thing. But could you please insert some sort of annotation or something saying "warning, topless bra on next page" if you go ahead and do that?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TonyTheTiger
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:09 am

You mean like Toriyama did in Dragon Ball?

In all seriousness, about the pact thing, I originally put it out there as a joke but then people started jumping on board and I was like "Hey, let's run with this!" Sure it's silly but that's kinda the point. And silliness was pretty much the point of all DB nudity, particularly the surprise of some of it. Lord knows Yamcha didn't get a warning and it was a riot. Same with Roshi and Bulma on more than one occasion. And each time the audience is left shooting milk out of their nose from all the lulz. A warning would crush the joke. It's not even really about the nudity itself. It's about the lol potential as well as the "fanservice" of having THE PACT actually fulfilled. I think if Salagir puts himself in that classic Toriyama mindset he can come up with a scenario that makes it work, particularly since with so many characters around the options are endless. And there's just something about U16 Bra, probably that she's such a serious, no-nonsense "straight man," that would make it all the funnier. It's the risqué version of watching Moe Howard take a pie to the face.

TobyS
Advanced Regular

Post by TobyS » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Despite all the haters I enjoy DB multiverse.

I agree that it's annoying that it's marketed as a continuation of the original manga and he has changed some canon elements, but I think that's more 'how it turned out in the end' than malicious false advertising on Saligars part.

What has he really changed? Lets break it down?

1. Multipliers/tiers
Oozarus is 10x BP
SS1 is 50x BP
ss2 is "twice as strong as ssj1"
ss3 is "4 times as strong as super ss1" (?)

He has ignored this and used a flawed "tier" system. If transformations are multipliers it shouldn't work like this. If kid Goku from chapter one somehow went SSJ3 he wouldn't be stronger than EoZ Goku in SSJ1.

2.Gohan/Goku/Vegeta
Gohan's power was bought beyond his limits.
Gohan's potential is greater than Goku's (as is any half saiyans)
Goku and Vegeta are implied to be close together in power and "able to beat Gohan somehow" despite the contradictory "Gohan hasn't got weaker"
Bra getting sue powers just by being Veggetto's kid. Gohan has potential to be strong but he had to work at it/use magic, he didn't get it auto like Bra, which goes against the Shonen spirit of dragonball and other mangas IMO. Her power relative to Gohan and other fighters at her age just seems wrong generally, (implied to be above an adult SSJ3 Fusion Gotenks? Yuck!)

3. U18 Entrants/Spectators
Humans (inc Bulma) Buu and Mark not entering or even at least watching this amazing once in a multiverse lifetime tourny!!!

4.Bulma or Chi Chi?
Getto choosing Bulma over chi chi seems wrong to me Goku should be put off by his platonic relationship with Bulma while Vegeta should be at least attracted to chichi.

5. OP Old saiyans
A) Unrealistically powerful Hanasia, Goku is supposed to come from a line of third class trash, Bardock was only just beginning to abuse zenkais and becoming relevant, him being born of two people more powerful than the kind already doesn't fit with the narrative of the saiyan arc. She also beat a weaker than he should be dodoria.

B) Nappas PL being 8000 instead of around 4000 (not a big deal, he prolly isn't going to be relevant anyway)

6. Underpowered Piccolo
Piccolo hasn't improved enough over the years for my liking.

7. The future Gohan Babidi stuff..... yeah....Major PIS by all characters.

8. Cold being able to transform and being so OP (16 tier?) Trunks told him to go all out. He knew Trunks was a SSJ like Goku and was warned he wasn't soft like him. He knows a SSJ1 beat his son who is stronger than himself. Weapon or not it would make no sense for him not to use to time Freeza was getting splattered to transform at least once. He never mentions having to transform or being able to when they are stratergising to double team Goku while on the ship.

But all these things are his right to change if he wants to, as long as he says U18 isn't our universe either though..

I like the art and the regularity the only things I don't like otherwise is the way it is not read right to left and is released in stammering pages instead of chapters at a time.

Other than that I think that this is the best ongoing fan comic atm, better than silly crazy power/transform inflated AF stuff. And unlike many people I'm grateful for it,

Thanks Sal!
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:26 pm

In the case of Bra from Vegito's universe, I think shes actually born from Vegito and Bulma, not Vegeta and Bulma. I mean Goten has more potential than Gohan, able to surpass him with training and going SSJ at half the age Gohan was because when Goten was conceived, Goku was a lot stronger than when Gohan was.

Knowing this, the child of Vegito is no doubt going to be a powerhouse unlike any other Saiyan and this Bra is one who actually enjoys training and when your sparring partners are Mystic Gohan and Vegito, U16 Bra is gonna get places.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:39 pm

TobyS wrote:
1. Multipliers/tiers
Oozarus is 10x BP
SS1 is 50x BP
ss2 is "twice as strong as ssj1"
ss3 is "4 times as strong as super ssj2"
There, fixed that for ya.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Salagir2 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:U18 has become the new humans of DBZ.
It is in fact a point Son Bra will be making against Vegeta and Goku in Baddack's vision, when they say they could beat Vegetto.
Can't wait for the response to that from Vegeta.

Salagir2 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:(salagir) isn't credited as the writer of the novel version.
But I read it and correct it. Some part are also directly written by me. The novel is DBM canon, apart from very very few exceptions.
When I write too much story to be in the comic, I put it in the novel.
Then why are you dodging the Gohan/Goku question (The novel clarifies its stance)? If you consider the novel canon just state you have Goku above Gohan just like in the novel and leave it at that.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TonyTheTiger
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Does that answer really matter? It just seems like the kind of detail that, truthfully, doesn't accomplish anything other than pissing people off regardless of the answer. The thing about Dragon Ball, particularly the end part of Dragon Ball, is that the more you tease out detail the less sense the whole shebang starts to make. Things about power level comparisons, how fusion works, why Kid Buu even exists at all are the kinds of things that bring down the house of cards that Toriyama and Toei built on some very shaky suspension of disbelief. Honestly, the fewer specifics about U18 the better. Every time there has been further elaborations we wind up with weird fridge logic like King Cold's potential power. Which I don't completely blame on Salagir, either. Dragon Ball just isn't designed to hold up to such scrutiny and detail.

Seems like the best course of action is "they're very strong" with only the vaguest and most obvious of "X is stronger than Y" points to be made. For instance, I wouldn't be so put off by King Cold's power if they didn't name drop #16 and just let him demonstrate that he was stronger than U9 Videl.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:25 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:Does that answer really matter? It just seems like the kind of detail that, truthfully, doesn't accomplish anything other than pissing people off regardless of the answer. The thing about Dragon Ball, particularly the end part of Dragon Ball, is that the more you tease out detail the less sense the whole shebang starts to make. Things about power level comparisons, how fusion works, why Kid Buu even exists at all are the kinds of things that bring down the house of cards that Toriyama and Toei built on some very shaky suspension of disbelief. Honestly, the fewer specifics about U18 the better. Every time there has been further elaborations we wind up with weird fridge logic like King Cold's potential power. Which I don't completely blame on Salagir, either. Dragon Ball just isn't designed to hold up to such scrutiny and detail.

Seems like the best course of action is "they're very strong" with only the vaguest and most obvious of "X is stronger than Y" points to be made. For instance, I wouldn't be so put off by King Cold's power if they didn't name drop #16 and just let him demonstrate that he was stronger than U9 Videl.
If it doesn't really matter then just post the answer and be done with it. I really don't care which side he goes with as it's a fan comic.

Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-756.html

I'm betting that Vegito will likely kill Buu before he blows up the Earth.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:24 pm

It would have been cool if Buff Boo stayed. Oh well. I honesty think he should have lasted longer in the original manga. He just appears and goes.
I DO NOT HAVE A TWITTER
Son Goten

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:02 pm

This really feels pointless. We know there is no way Kid Boo stands a chance. We aren't really learning anything new so this feels really pointless.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:15 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:This really feels pointless. We know there is no way Kid Boo stands a chance. We aren't really learning anything new so this feels really pointless.
Salagir2 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:This whole special feels like another rehash of the manga.
It's exactly what I intended to do.
I DO NOT HAVE A TWITTER
Son Goten

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:25 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:This really feels pointless. We know there is no way Kid Boo stands a chance. We aren't really learning anything new so this feels really pointless.
Salagir2 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:This whole special feels like another rehash of the manga.
It's exactly what I intended to do.
So basically Salagir wants to waste peoples time with a story perspective that takes no effort to write and anyone could come up with.

mAcChaos
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Yeah I was wondering what Sal meant by that.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:37 pm

So basically Salagir wants to waste peoples time with a story perspective that takes no effort to write and anyone could come up with.
I thought what happen to Vegetto was obvious. Also how is this the "BIRTH OF VEGETTO"?

Also I have to say he could have put a nice twist. Still doesn't affect the story but like the butterfly affect. Because Vegetto stayed fused this happen. Hell even Vegetto removing his earings just because would have been great.
I DO NOT HAVE A TWITTER
Son Goten

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:38 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
I thought what happen to Vegetto was obvious. Also how is this the "BIRTH OF VEGETTO"?

Also I have to say he could have put a nice twist. Still doesn't affect the story but like the butterfly affect. Because Vegetto stayed fused this happen. Hell even Vegetto removing his earings just because would have been great.
Pretty much. Instead we have a so far predictable story.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Predictable or not, I like this page for one thing at least - a handy reminder of why I've always liked this form of Boo. Sure, he may be weaker than Boohan technically, but you'd be making a mistake (as Goku/Vegeta did in canon, and now Vegito is here) if you assume he's any less dangerous because of it. In fact, he's more dangerous, since he's a lot less predictable now.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:41 pm

I'm having my copy of volume 26 rebound with these pages.

Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:17 pm

I guess Sal wanted to do a special to show what would happen if AT didn't made Vegito defused inside Buu. I think the idea is nice, but it's really a waste of time. We know that Vegito is going to one shoot Kid Buu before he blows up the Earth.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:44 pm

LOL the dialogue is so fanfic-y in these two pages. It just screams "Hey guys allow me to explictly describe all the power levels and who's stronger than who since I'm a fan who cares a lot about power level debates and all that shit!!".