Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Movie 4 strikes back.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:04 pm

I cant help but think hes doing the whistle from Kill Bill.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Whoa, that's...that's actually pretty awesome. That is one of the better parts of movie 4, so glad to see it referenced/make a come back like this.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:21 pm

If Daimao can't hear Gast, couldn't Gast use telepathy or something? I guess he didn't have the time :twisted:

I think Gast will still win. Daimao is much too weak compared to him, surely those hits aren't actually hurting Gast.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Regular

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:52 pm

If nothing else Gast can just tear his own ears off as well. I like you, Piccolo, but it's game over for ya.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere on the internet.
I draw stuff, including Dragon Ball fanart and an original comic!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:53 pm

How the heck is Daimao hurting Gast here? Well, aside from that, it's a nice tactic, I honestly wasn't expecting it. Too bad Gast can just do the same thing as Daimao...
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:58 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:How the heck is Daimao hurting Gast here?
I think he's just knocking him around.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:13 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:How the heck is Daimao hurting Gast here?
He's not. Notice how Daimao was bleeding and sweating from Gast's hits, whereas here there is no trace of blood or sweat on Gast.

Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:28 am

I doubt his attacks are hurting Gast anyways. It won't surprise me if Gast is goofing around to see Daimao's full power.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:06 pm

I wonder if that character who tell Kaio to shut up appeared somewhere before? In tv or anime/manga? Goten look derpy in last panel, but overall, i like it, Gast seem to get hurt, but i guess i can buy that.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Yep, as I thought. He's clearly receiving damage. No idea how Daimao is doing that.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

King Bardock

Post by King Bardock » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:11 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Yep, as I thought. He's clearly receiving damage. No idea how Daimao is doing that.
By attacking him when he's in a prone state? There's a difference between taking damage and taking telling damage. What Gast is facing is just a superficial beatdown. He hasn't even powered up yet. None of Daimao's blows are going to do anything major to him and he should still win this easily once he rips his ears off.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:16 pm

That's the Tenth Doctor from Doctor Who.

I saw Kaio and was like "Huh, I didn't remember him being in DBM" and then I lol'd at the next panel showing that he is in the audience :lol: Actually took me a few secs to recognize the Doctor, but mostly because the drawing is. so. fucking. small. (seriously I don't consider myself as one of the people who criticize DBM all the time, but the one thing I really don't like is how the drawings are always so small with very thin lineart and all. It wasn't always like that.)

Gast may be receiving a bit of damage, but he's clearly not sweating or bleeding his ass out like Daimao was. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly arguing for the sake of arguing.

And Goten looks derpy because he is :wink:

TonyTheTiger
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:47 pm

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:07 pm

That might be my favorite moment of the entire comic :lol:
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:13 pm

Marco Polo wrote:the drawing is. so. fucking. small. (seriously I don't consider myself as one of the people who criticize DBM all the time, but the one thing I really don't like is how the drawings are always so small with very thin lineart and all. It wasn't always like that.)
The drawings are actually much much bigger but Salagir prefers to upload them in this resolution so that people won't start printing pirate/bootleg copies of DBM (it has already happened in the past when a new dishonest translator became part of the translation team).

Other then that there's also Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist there:

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:14 pm

Grunt, Edward Elric, Catherine and Doctor Who in DBZ? Did I eat some bad candy?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:25 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Grunt, Edward Elric, Catherine and Doctor Who in DBZ? Did I eat some bad candy?
I'm not sure if that's Grunt. It could be any krogan.
attacking him when he's in a prone state? There's a difference between taking damage and taking telling damage. What Gast is facing is just a superficial beatdown. He hasn't even powered up yet. None of Daimao's blows are going to do anything major to him and he should still win this easily once he rips his ears off.
This is the same guy who one-shotted a Cell Jr said to be as strong as Perfect Cell. Piccolo should be doing absolutely zero damage and Gast should be taking these hits like a brick wall takes having a tomato thrown at it. That's clearly not what's happening here.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:49 pm

Tzigi wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:the drawing is. so. fucking. small. (seriously I don't consider myself as one of the people who criticize DBM all the time, but the one thing I really don't like is how the drawings are always so small with very thin lineart and all. It wasn't always like that.)
The drawings are actually much much bigger but Salagir prefers to upload them in this resolution so that people won't start printing pirate/bootleg copies of DBM (it has already happened in the past when a new dishonest translator became part of the translation team).
I know that. But whatever they were doing before, the drawings were easier on the eye. Let's re-quote the latest page for reference:
Here's a page from earlier in the series:
The composition of the audience is better IMO. Lines are sharper, details are cleaner and easier to quickly make out. Another page:
Look at those sharp, clean lines! Seriously I love this lineart. I can easily imagine seeing that page in a real, printed manga book, unlike the more recent pages.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:01 pm

It's a different artist, what would you expect?