Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Sounds to me Freeza's last line is a set-up to Goku using teleport on the next page.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:01 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:The fact that this is all an illusion, as well as there being extenuating circumstances, are both valid points. Perhaps I took my points too far, but I do stand by them in the notion that some are looking into this way too deeply for something that's not even consistent outside of this context to begin with.

...You know what, I could rebuke you further though Random, but there seems to be little point. The fact that you're blatantly ignoring that Mr. Satan has indeed been hit by people stronger than him, just so you can still try to support your own argument - if that's what you really want to call it at this point... - means that you're completely unwilling to admit when you're wrong, even partially. Something I did do. If you can't even concede on the small parts where you're wrong, then you're not even worth debating with. It's like talking to a brick wall, just one with a stubborn attitude.
No, it's plenty consistent. If someone way stronger than you wants you dead and hits you, that's it. You're done for.

Again, he hasn't. I'm not wrong about anything. He's the champ. He totally could have beaten Trunks and Kid Buu, he just doesn't hit kids. He also totally could have beaten Cell, he just had a stomachache.

In case you couldn't tell- which is obviously the case- that was sarcasm. The point is, Satan isn't remotely relevant, both because he's a gag character, and because his opponents were holding back. Especially Kid Buu, who turns "holding back" into an art form. Goku is not holding back.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:30 pm

I am really surprised the Satan thing needed to be explained. :|

He is a gag character. On top of that, Trunks and Cell were said to hold back, and Pure Boo likes to draw things out. None of them actually tried to kill Satan in a single blow.

Dragon Ball makes it very clear that at the huge kind of power differences it is absurdly easy to fell a character in one blow. Bring up Satan all you want but don't ignore all the many instances of one shots in the series:

*Goku vs a fish
*Goku vs Pterodactyl
*Yamcha vs Chi-Chi
*Chun vs Yamcha
*Tao vs Blue
*Goku vs whole bunch of Red Ribbon goons
*Goku vs Mummy
*Goku vs Panpoot
*Daimao vs Chaozu
*Goku vs Chi-Chi
*Raditz vs Goku
*Vegeta vs Saibaiman
*Kuririn vs Saibaimen
*Vegeta vs Cui
*Dodoria vs Namekians
*Freeza vs Cargo
*Vegeta vs Gurd (surprise attack, but Vegeta's still strong enough to decapitate a weaker person in one blow)
*Recoome vs Kuririn
*Goku vs Recoome
*Freeza vs Kuririn
*Freeza vs Dende
* ...Freeza vs Kuririn, round 2 :lol:
*Trunks vs Freeza goons
*Trunks vs Cold
*17 vs Gero
*17 vs Piccolo and Tenshinhan
*Semi-Perfect Cell vs 16
*Perfect Cell vs Kuririn
*Gohan vs the Cell Juniors
*Super Perfect Cell vs Trunks
*Super Perfect Cell vs Vegeta
*Gohan vs burglars
*Goten / Trunks vs random kids
*Kuririn vs Pintar
*Dabra vs Kibito

Some of these aren't outright kills, just knocking out the opponent or incompletely incapacitating him. Either of which would give Goku this match. Hell, he one-shot 17 earlier who is much stronger than Freeza. This took no effort from him at all.

If he intended to one-shot Freeza there's no reason for that not to work.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:17 pm

Goku's hairline is receding. Soon he'll be bald and we wont be able to tell he's in SSJ or SSJ2 anymore lol

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:39 am

Unless maybe mustache hair looks different in SSj vs. SSj2? XD

Too bad we won't see Super Mustache 3 since he can't hold onto the form for even a second right now.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:48 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:In case you couldn't tell- which is obviously the case- that was sarcasm. The point is, Satan isn't remotely relevant, both because he's a gag character, and because his opponents were holding back. Especially Kid Buu, who turns "holding back" into an art form. Goku is not holding back.
It sounded more like a delusional fan theory than sarcasm, especially since you repeated it more than once, and after it was already obvious your tone had been misunderstood. :)

Anyway, the second part of my post still stands.
Just repeat to yourself "It's just a show,"
I should really just relax
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:18 pm

Just reread/finished this the other day. I'm almost surprised that Armored/Evil Saiyan Goku world Vegeta lost/was killed. And Vegetto losing on a technicality.

I like surprises like that, though I think the Vegetto think will be reversed.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:13 pm

What will Son Goku do now? Find out, in the next episode of Dragon Ball Multiverse!
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Instant transmission incoming

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Goku actually looks pretty badass as an old man SSJ2.. He seems to have something up his sleeve, I doubt he'd just stand there and "die" even thought at this point he probably is weaker than Freeza even as an SS2.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:19 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Goku actually looks pretty badass as an old man SSJ2....
Yeah...speaking of which, I am still amazed at the level of quality that Asura can draw at. I mean, I know that GogetaJr did a great job of imitating Akira's artwork, but Asura's artwork practically IS Akira's artwork, from the character designs, the movements, the choreography, and even the facial expressions :o ...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:40 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Goku actually looks pretty badass as an old man SSJ2.. He seems to have something up his sleeve, I doubt he'd just stand there and "die" even thought at this point he probably is weaker than Freeza even as an SS2.
I love that typical "Goku" feeling I get from this page. You know he's in trouble, but he still looks like he can do something and might end up winning. You just never know with this guy, because he is Son Goku.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:58 am

I'm getting Old Snake vibes from this page :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 am

I'm surprised Goku can manage to sustain SSJ2 for so long.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:Goku actually looks pretty badass as an old man SSJ2....
Yeah...speaking of which, I am still amazed at the level of quality that Asura can draw at. I mean, I know that GogetaJr did a great job of imitating Akira's artwork, but Asura's artwork practically IS Akira's artwork, from the character designs, the movements, the choreography, and even the facial expressions :o ...

Yeah... it's amazing. Though i do think it took him some time to get Son Goku's face right.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:14 pm

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:Goku actually looks pretty badass as an old man SSJ2.. He seems to have something up his sleeve, I doubt he'd just stand there and "die" even thought at this point he probably is weaker than Freeza even as an SS2.
I love that typical "Goku" feeling I get from this page. You know he's in trouble, but he still looks like he can do something and might end up winning. You just never know with this guy, because he is Son Goku.
It's funny you say that because while some love it, others say that's what's killing the franchise today.. At least when it comes to the new material.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:26 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:Yeah... it's amazing. Though i do think it took him some time to get Son Goku's face right.
100% agreed.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:26 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
It's funny you say that because while some love it, others say that's what's killing the franchise today.. At least when it comes to the new material.
How is a franchise that is 30 years old being killed and Goku lost to Beerus in the new material.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:11 am

Marco Polo wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:Yeah... it's amazing. Though i do think it took him some time to get Son Goku's face right.
100% agreed.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:20 am

coola wrote:I'm getting Old Snake vibes from this page :)
All we need is an aged Freeza with Vegeta's arm attached to his body, and fist fighting to Snake Eater.

Amazing ideas aside, I do wonder how the left side of the bracket will fair. It did seem weaker than the right side for quite a while.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!