Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:56 pm

That is one purdy page right there.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:42 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Man, this is one hell of a improvement over what we got in the movie itself.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Goku better do something soon because this is so one sided. Next page Goku'll be serious hopefully.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:47 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:Goku better do something soon because this is so one sided. Next page Goku'll be serious hopefully.
As opposed to the even worse one sided fight the movie had when he transformed into SSJ?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:30 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote:Goku better do something soon because this is so one sided. Next page Goku'll be serious hopefully.
As opposed to the even worse one sided fight the movie had when he transformed into SSJ?
If it carries on like this they'll both be bad IMO. Maybe it's meant to be a role reversal. :P Nah, I want a good fight and not one similar to what we've seen in the movie.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:33 am

Sora Saiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
If it carries on like this they'll both be bad IMO. Maybe it's meant to be a role reversal. :P Nah, I want a good fight and not one similar to what we've seen in the movie.
Nah, I don't think it'll come to that. So far its basically the little bit of time post transformation that the bad guy just trounces the good guy. Once Goku flies out I think it'll get more balanced though logically Cooler in this should still be stronger.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:42 am

Goku appears to have lost his shirt after the Death Razor hit him. He'll be stronger now. He always gets stronger when he loses his shirt.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:38 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Goku appears to have lost his shirt after the Death Razor hit him. He'll be stronger now. He always gets stronger when he loses his shirt.
Haha that's brilliant! :lol: Goku's clearly Bruce Lee in disguise if that's the case. ;)

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:23 am

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:32 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:46 pm

:wtf: Holy shit, that is one nasty injury.

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:41 am

Think it's just a burn.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:51 am

Aww, they're seriously doing the "that wasn't my full power" thing? That's both lame and illogical. Nice art though.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:56 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Aww, they're seriously doing the "that wasn't my full power" thing? That's both lame and illogical. Nice art though.
That's as Dragon Ball as there is.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:22 am

rereboy wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Aww, they're seriously doing the "that wasn't my full power" thing? That's both lame and illogical. Nice art though.
Only when it's appropriate for the context. In this case, there's no reason for Goku to suppress his power against Cooler, and no reason to keep holding back as Cooler is beating him up. It's also lame and unnecessary.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:44 am

Well I'm glad this isn't just a role reversal of the Cooler movie, it should end up being a good fight hopefully. :)

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:21 am

RandomGuy96 wrote: Only when it's appropriate for the context.
I have no idea where you got that from. Pretty much every fight with every major villain started with a warm up. Do you think Goku started his fight his Vegeta with his Kaioken x3, or even Kaioken x2? That he started his fight with Freeza using as much power as he could? Even now with Beerus, both in the fight at Kaio's and then when he was SSJG similar happens. This fight, in that regard, is already better than the original movie since Goku doesn't, inexplicably, refuse to turn SSJ until last second.

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:04 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Only when it's appropriate for the context. In this case, there's no reason for Goku to suppress his power against Cooler, and no reason to keep holding back as Cooler is beating him up. It's also lame and unnecessary.
You mean pretty much the same context as in his fight against Freeza? He's basically letting Cooler show up his power before going all out and humiliating him.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:16 pm

rereboy wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: Only when it's appropriate for the context.
I have no idea where you got that from. Pretty much every fight with every major villain started with a warm up. Do you think Goku started his fight his Vegeta with his Kaioken x3, or even Kaioken x2? That he started his fight with Freeza using as much power as he could? Even now with Beerus, both in the fight at Kaio's and then when he was SSJG similar happens. This fight, in that regard, is already better than the original movie since Goku doesn't, inexplicably, refuse to turn SSJ until last second.
He started his fight at a lower level of power becausee Kaio-Ken is dangerous, and should be avoided if at all possible. I'm not comparing it to the movie. I'm just saying this is a lame thing to do in general (especially if he now just curb stomps Cooler).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: