Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Yuli Ban » Wed May 26, 2021 7:31 am

Too late to edit my comment, but I wanted to add this:

It would have actually been interesting if Bra pulled a Toguro and embraced her actions, even saying something to the effect of wanting to be a "true" Saiyan, bloodthirsty and obsessed with power at all costs and living according to her own ideals and values of what she thinks makes might & right. Like what Vegeta wanted to be, expect he didn't actually believe his own BS. It'd be much more interesting if Bra instead used the Majin mark as an opportunity rather than throwing an even less likable version of Vegeta's tantrum.
U18 Bra would have nothing on her in any regard. In that case, I could 100% see Bra logically punching U18 Bra in half or something equally gratuitously gory. Because why would she doubt herself? She actually believes in something and is following some sort of fascistic value system, so "you're a violent creep who is so weak and scared of being seen as weak you let yourself be mind-controlled" could be followed up with "Yes, because I chose to be."

Instead, what we got was:

If for attention, insert Linkin Park's "Crawling"
If for results, insert Papa Roach's "Last Resort"

Just.... yikes.
I don't believe the consequences. Dragon Ball already has no consequences; it's mostly flashy fight scenes at this point. Boo killed billions and him simply deciding to not kill anymore was enough to get people to think he was redeemed; Vegeta was even worse because he knew better and he's now a lovable family man with an apocalyptic death toll behind him. This tournament is so bunk you could sleep on it— everyone's going to be revived at the end anyway, so why bother getting mad at a death? Even a slaughter?
The attempt to make Bra sympathetic is unbelievable. But worse than that... it's just pathetic! I'm not against remorseful characters, even those who have done Holocaust-tier evil (remorse in the face of unforgiveness is a good story type anyway), but goddamn so many opportunities were missed that it's achieved quantum superposition. It would have been so much more interesting if Bra didn't start freaking out in that implosion of teen angst and instead fully embraced the dark side on her own volition. I'd actually have considered the arc worth it and even come dangerously close to considering Bra decent if she just took some fuckin' agency. Hell, Salagir seemed to be leading up to that with the flashbacks and whatnot. All of that could've been salvaged if Bra just said, "I choose to do what I do."
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed May 26, 2021 10:28 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:31 am Too late to edit my comment, but I wanted to add this:

It would have actually been interesting if Bra pulled a Toguro and embraced her actions, even saying something to the effect of wanting to be a "true" Saiyan, bloodthirsty and obsessed with power at all costs and living according to her own ideals and values of what she thinks makes might & right. Like what Vegeta wanted to be, expect he didn't actually believe his own BS. It'd be much more interesting if Bra instead used the Majin mark as an opportunity rather than throwing an even less likable version of Vegeta's tantrum.
U18 Bra would have nothing on her in any regard. In that case, I could 100% see Bra logically punching U18 Bra in half or something equally gratuitously gory. Because why would she doubt herself? She actually believes in something and is following some sort of fascistic value system, so "you're a violent creep who is so weak and scared of being seen as weak you let yourself be mind-controlled" could be followed up with "Yes, because I chose to be."

Just.... yikes.
Thanks for reminding me, how i wish those edgelords at Sonic Team get fired or at least demoted from scenario writing. At least Salagir fan-manga is free, but..it's similar edgy stuff. Some people never grew from their chuunibyou phase.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed May 26, 2021 8:34 pm

I’m not sure if this actually confirmed or debunked whether or not Dai Kaioshin and Zen Boo actually are in cahoots about something.. the dialogue didn’t make much sense.

EDIT: On second thought I guess because Dai Kaioshin knows that Boo is pretending to be subdued means that they ARE working together on something.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu May 27, 2021 6:53 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:34 pm EDIT: On second thought I guess because Dai Kaioshin knows that Boo is pretending to be subdued means that they ARE working together on something.
This was explained...in the novelization. They're working together to discover XXI's secret identity.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu May 27, 2021 11:51 am

Fionordequester wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:53 am
goku the krump dancer wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:34 pm EDIT: On second thought I guess because Dai Kaioshin knows that Boo is pretending to be subdued means that they ARE working together on something.
This was explained...in the novelization. They're working together to discover XXI's secret identity.
Which is weird because why not just send him home or threaten to if he doesn't tell them or not bring him in the first place if he seems sketchy. He obviously didn't figure out multiversal travel on his own because he came with them so it doesn't ring true to me...

It's weird that it's probably going to be the A plot because there aren't many good fights left.

Goku Vs Uub, they should be equals and Uub got magic now but Goku will win for the pointless Goku Vegeta fight.

Cell Vs Vegeta. Cell started stronger and kept training and should have more potential but he will lose to Vegetas weird bullshit new form they have been teasing.

XXI will probably beat buu maybe by sealing him because that's his whole gimmick is hax and we know he has godlike power so him losing sells the big boss threat.

Ghast should hopefully win by strategy to show bra still has a long way to go but his stupid waifu will probably win showing her unconvincing character growth.

Then we have to boring Goku Vs Vegeta with their stupid new forms that make them functionally if not literally stronger than ultimate Gohan which makes 0 sense.

Bra might actually lose to XXI and then somehow Goku/Geets beat XXI possibly losing but when XXI reveals his evil plan probably by fusing into Gogeta and using the BS new form and learning from the others defeats.

Then maybe epilogues for each universe.

Calling it now.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu May 27, 2021 7:38 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:51 am
Fionordequester wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:53 am
Which is weird because why not just send him home or threaten to if he doesn't tell them or not bring him in the first place if he seems sketchy. He obviously didn't figure out multiversal travel on his own because he came with them so it doesn't ring true to me...

It's weird that it's probably going to be the A plot because there aren't many good fights left.

Goku Vs Uub, they should be equals and Uub got magic now but Goku will win for the pointless Goku Vegeta fight.

Cell Vs Vegeta. Cell started stronger and kept training and should have more potential but he will lose to Vegetas weird bullshit new form they have been teasing.

XXI will probably beat buu maybe by sealing him because that's his whole gimmick is hax and we know he has godlike power so him losing sells the big boss threat.

Ghast should hopefully win by strategy to show bra still has a long way to go but his stupid waifu will probably win showing her unconvincing character growth.

Then we have to boring Goku Vs Vegeta with their stupid new forms that make them functionally if not literally stronger than ultimate Gohan which makes 0 sense.

Bra might actually lose to XXI and then somehow Goku/Geets beat XXI possibly losing but when XXI reveals his evil plan probably by fusing into Gogeta and using the BS new form and learning from the others defeats.

Then maybe epilogues for each universe.

Calling it now.
U18 Goku actually doing something? :lol: That would be swell.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri May 28, 2021 6:43 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:31 am Too late to edit my comment, but I wanted to add this:

Just.... yikes.
I don't believe the consequences. Dragon Ball already has no consequences; it's mostly flashy fight scenes at this point. Boo killed billions and him simply deciding to not kill anymore was enough to get people to think he was redeemed; Vegeta was even worse because he knew better and he's now a lovable family man with an apocalyptic death toll behind him. This tournament is so bunk you could sleep on it— everyone's going to be revived at the end anyway, so why bother getting mad at a death? Even a slaughter?
The attempt to make Bra sympathetic is unbelievable. But worse than that... it's just pathetic! I'm not against remorseful characters, even those who have done Holocaust-tier evil (remorse in the face of unforgiveness is a good story type anyway), but goddamn so many opportunities were missed that it's achieved quantum superposition. It would have been so much more interesting if Bra didn't start freaking out in that implosion of teen angst and instead fully embraced the dark side on her own volition. I'd actually have considered the arc worth it and even come dangerously close to considering Bra decent if she just took some fuckin' agency. Hell, Salagir seemed to be leading up to that with the flashbacks and whatnot. All of that could've been salvaged if Bra just said, "I choose to do what I do."
I don't agree that Dragon Ball have no consequences. It does, except it's pretty low key.

Using Fat Buu, while he was redeemed in the end, you forget that part of what made him forgivable was that he literally didn't know better. Even then, when he started to turn good his dog got shot by men influenced by his actions which caused him to expelled his evil. That evil side then beat the crap out of him and ate him with his own candy beam. Then when Buu returned, he was beating nearly to death by Kid Buu. Goku chose to listen to Mr. Satan and spare him because Buu went out of his way to save Vegeta from the Spirit Bomb. In comparison to his completely evil counterpart, Super Buu, he got erased from existence. Kid Buu was killed and had to be reborn into a different person, so both of them got it worst because Super Buu was evil and fully aware of it and Kid Buu was basically a force of nature.

Vegeta had a giant humiliation conga before he was redeemed. First, he lost on Earth to a bunch of people weaker than him and only survived because the Saiyan he saw as trash wanted to fight him again, something he had a chip on his shoulder about until the end of the Buu Saga. Then on Namek, he's beating and tortured to death by Frieza after he was denied his immortality at the very last second and left begging the same low class trash that spared him to do what he couldn't and beat Frieza, which added to the chip on his shoulder. Then when he finally became a Super Saiyan, he get his butt handed to him by 18 which made him wangst for literally several days. Not to mention the pissy fit he had when Piccolo became stronger than him and then Cell. Which led to him fighting Cell and letting him become perfect to stroke his ego, only for it to backfire badly and he got his shit kick in even worst than 18 did to him. To add further insult to injury, he never became stronger than Cell again even after training for another year, could do nothing when Cell murdered Trunks, and became a burden to Gohan to the point that he apologized for being such an idiot. Then the final humiliation came in the Buu Saga when he sold his soul for power so he can finally surpassed Goku, only to find out that Goku was sandbagging him the entire time, he's no match for any form of Buu, gave his life for absolutely nothing when he did tried to redeem himself and he was still going to hell, when he was brought back to fight Buu he was just fusion fodder to Goku, and the best he could do in the final fight with Buu was make a plan and be Goku's meat shield where he got beating up so badly that he couldn't move.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Gridlock

Post by Gridlock » Sat May 29, 2021 2:20 am

So hey, at least Pan seems to be upset about what happened:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat May 29, 2021 2:38 am

Narrativly speaking for DBM it does make more sense for Goku to defeat Uub teaching Uub a new lesson.

Goku defeats Vegeta

And Xxi defeats Bra. As much as people hate her it does make sense for Bra to continue being built up so XXi the main villian can knock her down.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat May 29, 2021 4:48 am

Gridlock wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:20 am So hey, at least Pan seems to be upset about what happened:

I honestly found it odd that Babidi was able to control the Saiyans so perfectly when Vegeta strongly implied that a Saiyan's pride wouldn't allow such a thing. Which was how he was able to tell Babidi to screw himself.

Then again, Multiverse zigzags all over the place if Babidi's control is more than mind control or just brainwashing.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Sat May 29, 2021 1:19 pm

Pan looks so scared...Makes sense.

Though I do think Gohan is being naive, she legit cut him in half and he's like,'Past is all behind us now', like what? Wasn't he the person who said,'I thought you'd hesitate a bit more honestly' ? Hell, he looks uncomfortable, I wouldn't be shocked if he was just forgiving her so she'd leave him alone.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat May 29, 2021 1:45 pm

Once more, Bra has puppy eyes along with some fake tears to try and sell sympathy to the readers...and it just doesn't work because Bra only ever feels bad after she has been scolded by others and made to see reason for her actions. During her rampages, Bra is just in manical ecstasy over all the death & destruction that she causes. Its kind of really, really hard to feel sorry for someone like that.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 29, 2021 2:48 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:38 am Narrativly speaking for DBM it does make more sense for Goku to defeat Uub teaching Uub a new lesson.

Goku defeats Vegeta

And Xxi defeats Bra. As much as people hate her it does make sense for Bra to continue being built up so XXi the main villian can knock her down.
Idk not only does Vegeta implied to have some stupid bullshit new form Goku has been implied not to I think Vegeta will win, there's a shit tonne of Vegeta wank and shoehorning.

That other universe should never have got SS3 hell probably not even 1 without his humbling and revelations brought on by earth.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat May 29, 2021 5:03 pm

Gridlock wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:20 am So hey, at least Pan seems to be upset about what happened:
Find a bit distracting that this page uses a different font compared to last page.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 29, 2021 7:30 pm

Man, like someone said and everybody else though what a waste of time was that Broly special, the only interesting idea as Boo absorbing everyone, but too bad it was overcome by several plot amours.
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:10 pm
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:05 am I don't see a huge live crowd reading DBM.
Yeah, Latin America is pretty cringe.
Yeah sure, expressing love for a franchise that made the childhood of millions is cringe :roll:
Gridlock wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:31 am
Trouser wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:38 pm Yeah, this whole Majin thing was irrelevant filler.
Three. Freaking. Years. Goddamit Napp... Salagir.
What? It's been three years since this whole Majin chaos started? My goodness, the main story is so freaking slow...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:11 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:48 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:38 am Narrativly speaking for DBM it does make more sense for Goku to defeat Uub teaching Uub a new lesson.

Goku defeats Vegeta

Idk not only does Vegeta implied to have some stupid bullshit new form Goku has been implied not to I think Vegeta will win, there's a shit tonne of Vegeta wank and shoehorning.

That other universe should never have got SS3 hell probably not even 1 without his humbling and revelations brought on by earth.
I'm expecting Goku will either learn the new form after Vegeta reveals or he's hiding he has something as well.

Goku should still be the main character here and unless Salagir wants to throw a wrentch and push Vegeta just because Goku vs Xxi should be the main event and XXi should be the one who finally teaches Bra a lesson.

I could even see Bra getting SS3 in the Gast fight as well.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun May 30, 2021 12:31 am

I'd personally like to see Oob actually defeat Goku & Vegeta so that he could be the one to take on XXI and show off his true potential as the reincarnation of Boo, a human, and as a fighter in his own right. It would help to break up the monotony of Goku simply saving the day again by giving credence to his role as a teacher, proving that he made the absolute right call in desiring Boo's redemption and companionship in training. Otherwise, Oob would just be another tiny piece of the puzzle that make up the picture in DB, with Goku & Vegeta taking up the majority of the space.
I doubt Salagir is channeling this same belief but it never hurts to imagine.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun May 30, 2021 2:26 pm

Gridlock

Post by Gridlock » Sun May 30, 2021 2:33 pm

"She's to young, give her time, and she will be just as apathetic to everyone around us dieing, as we are."

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 30, 2021 3:03 pm

Looks like Videl also has issue with Bra. Also the bromance is over, lol.

I would love if Pan goes to find Vegetto and asks for help to find the strength to stop Bra, if it ever comes to that.