Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:51 pm

Well, now we'll finally see these new forms from Goku & Vegeta that have been teased for literal years. They might be visually less-drastic versions of SSJ4 or some vastly-enhanced variants of ordinary SSJ that follow a similar principle to Gohan's Ultimate state. Goku will no doubt push Oob to using his maximum kaio-ken and will probably be the victor, unless Salagir does the pseudo-Shyamalan-twist of having Oob win through some bizarre & unforseen circumstance. Vegeta vs Cell will be interesting because Cell has powered up a little more since the beginning of the tournament and developed a few, new interesting abilities in his time...but Vegeta will likely be the winner since he has also been training hard for future opponents.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:52 pm

I'm honestly wanting Uub to win this. We still have to see him unleash his full potential as a human majin, let alone the magic spells he probably learned thanks to Zen Buu.

Remember, his "starting" potential is Kid Buu. So with proper training, there's no reason why he can't become much stronger than his previous life.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:48 pm

Uub didn't do incredibly well against fat boo. He doubted he'd actually be able to kill him, and Goku is almost definitely capable of doing that.

With how the story is going, Goku and Vegeta have to be somewhat of a match for Cell who is now probably stronger than ultimate Gohan.

I think Uub will put up a decent fight but Goku will comfortably win, especially because he hasn't had a proper fight this whole tournament.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:27 am

Uub will max out SS3 but Goku will barely win. He won't use the new form until either Vegeta shows it first or he'll counter it somehow.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:54 am

Uub may not have done well against Buu, but not a lot of characters would. Because of their regenerative properties, Buu and Cell can 'punch up' and be very annoying to stronger opponents, so of course anyone at their level or lower, they're absolute monsters. But against someone who can't shrug off an energy blast if they don't bother to deflect it, Uub has a good chance.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:20 am

I really hope it doesn't come down to Goku vs Vegeta again. Goku vs Cell, Uub vs Cell, and Vegeta vs Uub all sound more interesting.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:31 am

One of these fights is gonna end in a draw, I feel it.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:42 am

Do you guys think the new power in store for Goku and Vegeta was already decided years ago, before all these new main-continuity forms and power ups became a thing, or do you think they'll get an already existing power up, like SS4, SSG, UI, Ikari form?? ... or maybe something completely original? or like a mix such as SS3 and kaiokenx20?

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:35 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:42 am Do you guys think the new power in store for Goku and Vegeta was already decided years ago, before all these new main-continuity forms and power ups became a thing, or do you think they'll get an already existing power up, like SS4, SSG, UI, Ikari form?? ... or maybe something completely original? or like a mix such as SS3 and kaiokenx20?
Years ago some fans thought Goku and Vegeta's new forms would be inspired by this:

Most fan transformations are upgrades or variations of existing forms if it's not a recolor beyond SSJ4. I would've liked to see the SSJ3 from Toriyama's old drafts that had spiker hair and a tail. Maybe growing back the tail helps stabilize its power or something.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:50 pm

Skar wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:35 pmYears ago some fans thought Goku and Vegeta's new forms would be inspired by this:

Most fan transformations are upgrades or variations of existing forms if it's not a recolor beyond SSJ4. I would've liked to see the SSJ3 from Toriyama's old drafts that had spiker hair and a tail. Maybe growing back the tail helps stabilize its power or something.
I'd personally reverse the transformations on them here. It's more up Goku's alley to make the most of something before searching for some other way while Vegeta is usually the one who wants more raw power and always touts about his Saiyan heritage & pride. I can't see Vegeta wanting to take SSJ3 and improve it while Goku would go for the stronger Saiyan form; it's an interesting change but it feels a little off.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:53 am

theherodjl wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:50 pm
I'd personally reverse the transformations on them here. It's more up Goku's alley to make the most of something before searching for some other way while Vegeta is usually the one who wants more raw power and always touts about his Saiyan heritage & pride. I can't see Vegeta wanting to take SSJ3 and improve it while Goku would go for the stronger Saiyan form; it's an interesting change but it feels a little off.
Oh no, look closer: they're both Goku.

Gridlock

Post by Gridlock » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:04 pm

Honestly not sure who I would rather win. On one hand, I want Goku to win, so we can (potentialy) see a rematch with Cell... But that also sounds like a boring predictable choice, so maybe Uub will win, to subvert expectations. Thing is tho', I could not care any less about Uub. Same goes for other matches, its either "boring and predicteble" or "subversive, but I don't care".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:47 pm

This is going well so far, Vegeta v F. Trunks was my favorite match, if all goes well this one could overtake it.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 am

They really need a new English translator. There's at least a mistake a page at this point.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:44 am

So I guess the point of having higher gravity in earlier rounds was to separate and pick off the weaker fighters from the strongest ones? That's an interesting concept but it makes it less impressive to see how much stronger everyone else has become if they turn the gravity all the way back down to normal. It would've been cool to see Goku & Oob powering though 10,000x Earth's gravity to get the point across that everyone has improved significantly because In the last chapter, they depicted Broly having the ability to overpower even the pull of a supermassive black hole(lol).

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:48 pm

The art for the last two pages have been FanFuckingTastic!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:50 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:48 pm The art for the last two pages have been FanFuckingTastic!
Oh no doubt, the art is 10/10.

But maximum Kaio-Ken? :problem:

I fully expect him to pop into a pool of blood. Now if he went Ultimate Gohan path, that would sit much better with me.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:00 pm

"We're not going through your levels one by one."

Cheeky. I liked that.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:19 pm

Unmastered SS3 vs Maximum Kaioken

This is not Goku's limit, I guess.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:37 am

Wasn't Uub equal to Fat Buu? Ss3 Goku shouldn't have that much trouble with him.