Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:07 am

In a universe where Goku never existed:

-Yamcha remain a desert bandit and doesn't get stronger.
-Without the motivation of becoming stronger that Goku, Krillin doesn't train as hard.
-Same thing for Tenshinhan.

In a universe where Goku got killed as a kid:

-The same as above.
-In the end, Raditz land on earth looking for his brother and kill everyboby.

In both case, without Goku, the humans remain very weak and are not the strongest in the universe.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:19 am

Stargazer wrote:In a universe where Goku never existed:

-Without the motivation of becoming stronger that Goku, Krillin doesn't train as hard.

-The same as above.

In both case, without Goku, the humans remain very weak and are not the strongest in the universe.
Raditz kills everyone on a planet controlled by Pilaf. :wink:
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:44 pm

Wojak wrote:They are more supposed to be an estimate of power levels, not an actual fact.
The fighters that we are seeing in DB Multiverse have power levels in the hundreds of millions, or higher...no human could ever stand a single blow from anyone in the tournament.

And also, without Goku the earthling fighters would never have become a fraction of how strong they did through his existence. This is because they would not have had the competition with Goku and among themselves, no training with Korin, no training with Kami and no training with Kaio-sama.
-------------------------------------------
About page 34: Is that supposed to be Broly from the DBZ movie 10 universe? Because even though that might prove interesting he wasn't in his "Legendary" and muscular form when he was frozen in the ice, he was in his normal form. But I'm sure this isn't the case and there is a perfectly good idea behind this...can't wait to see how it unfolds! Great job Gogeta Jr and Salagir!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:20 pm

So, since they recognize Broly, doesn't that mean Movie 8 happened?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Incredible art and interesting story.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Rocketman wrote:So, since they recognize Broly, doesn't that mean Movie 8 happened?
That's a good point. It must suck to have such a knowledgeable fan-base scrutinizing ever page of Multiverse for ever inconsistency and plot hole...but I'm sure that the authors are grateful for the "revising". Anyway, I guess they could just explain them recognizing Broly by saying that they were told that the person who fought Vegetto in the beginning of the manga was Broly, and then they recognized the second one.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:40 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Rocketman wrote:So, since they recognize Broly, doesn't that mean Movie 8 happened?
That's a good point. It must suck to have such a knowledgeable fan-base scrutinizing ever page of Multiverse for ever inconsistency and plot hole...but I'm sure that the authors are grateful for the "revising". Anyway, I guess they could just explain them recognizing Broly by saying that they were told that the person who fought Vegetto in the beginning of the manga was Broly, and then they recognized the second one.
But don't the events from the first few panels take place after the rest of the stuff? It's kind of a Tarantino style "We're gonna give you the ending, but then back track and show you how we got to that."
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:41 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
I guess they could just explain them recognizing Broly by saying that they were told that the person who fought Vegetto in the beginning of the manga was Broly, and then they recognized the second one.
You forget, we went back in time, meaning that fight hasn't started yet(nor any tournament fights). :P Who recognizes him might've been one of the type of things better to leave vague enough for readers to decide themself. Perhaps something like the other group that looks the same as them could recognize him and so he existed in that universe but we don't see the main one's reactions and so we don't know if he existed in that one or not(thus everybody gets to decide for themselves without consistency complaints).

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:29 pm

I would actually like a Vegetto Vs. Gogeta fight now, especailly with this comic's great art and mixed universes idea.

Gogéta Jr's art is amazing, his fan art especially. His powered down Gogeta pictures are something I've never seen before.

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:20 am

Stargazer wrote:In a universe where Goku never existed:

-The same as above.

Not in an AU. All of these are AUs, and anything is possible.

When people (not just you. but most people) are making arguments just from the main universe, they really need to keep that in mind < <
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:51 pm

This is actually a very good fan-manga. Very well drawn and filled with good ideas.
By the way, I'm gonna throw some of my ideas for fighters from other universes:

Garlic, from a universe where Garlic had won against Kami-Sama an turned into the new Kami-Sama instead, or Garlic Jr. from the Dead Zone (although not really strong, bare in mind that he IS imortal, also the Dead Zone might be considered a parallel universe on its on, like the Room of Spirit and Time is.)

Future Trunks and maybe, just maybe, Future Gohan as well. It would be nice to see Gohan interact with his alternate future self.

Majin Vegeta from a universe where he defeated Majin Buu and just kept being evil or something...

Bojack from a universe where he defeated Gohan and dominated the galaxy.

and last... but not least.... Neko Majin! :D

'Nuff Said

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:06 pm

I'm surprised nobody has said this one yet :shock: A universe where the Saibamen defeated the Z senshi and then turned on Nappa and Vegeta who they also handily defeat! 8)

-edit- Also, maybe a universe where the Ginyu Force ruled supreme?
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:37 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:I'm surprised nobody has said this one yet :shock: A universe where the Saibamen defeated the Z senshi and then turned on Nappa and Vegeta who they also handily defeat! 8)

Oh god.... I just pictured Ginyu body swapping with Freeza and then doing his poses. :lol:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:38 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:I'm surprised nobody has said this one yet :shock: A universe where the Saibamen defeated the Z senshi and then turned on Nappa and Vegeta who they also handily defeat! 8)

The Ginyu Force? Aw man...I can imagine it now.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Salagir2

Post by Salagir2 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:28 am

Wojak wrote:The Broly thing . If his power keeps growing by the minute, Goten and Trunks wouldn't be able to even scratch Broly in any of the movies.
I'm actually thinking of rewriting entirely this movie, for the purpose of DBM. But I'm afraid it would take too much pages. I've got time to decide.
Wojak wrote:If there was a universe where the humans were the strongest it would mean that
1) Goku didn't exist/got killed as a kid.
2) The humans got strong enough to handle King Piccolo and the Saiyans.
I agree with that. But they are still old. And their story *need* a complete background. As it not just "ok, that didn't happen, and nothing changed since" (as it is for cell. I mean this cell didn't learn fusion nor met and have lunch with babidi. No need for a long background recap for him)
The story of humans with no goku... is a whole fanfic by itself.
Universe with bad goku, with the "super"namek and some other will need such a recap, but as you will see, most of them can be told in a few ballouns. And even that is short.
There are too much parameters for me to decide what happen to these humans.
Will Krilin learn Kaioken and not tenshinan ? Will Yamcha learn the real wolf fang technique ? Will the son of Bulma and Yamcha learn to teleport ? No, really to much possibilities :)
Wojak wrote:Also, if weak non-tech Saiyans and Nameks can be there, so can humans. That's my opinion.
The goal of the non-tech Saiyans is :
- to show Bardock (among other things). He will be as strong as we know him (or less, or more, who cares, he won't win, we know that). So he is the bardock we know, except for the suit and his hate for freeza.
- to show Saiyans. I like Saiyans ;) They are proud and all, and I'm intereset by the non-freeza alternative (I'm also writing a fanfic (french) describing the saiyans centuries before DB)
- to show what would Vegeta has become, if not for the all "you're prince of 3 people" thing ;)
SSj_Rambo wrote:It must suck to have such a knowledgeable fan-base scrutinizing ever page of Multiverse for ever inconsistency and plot hole...
No, I like that a lot !
I've spend years talking about many details about the characters and ... well, all you talk in this forum... so I'm going for the best encounters possible and the most logical forces and alternatives.
I like to explain my choices... or admit I was wrong somewhere (like showing trunks and goten like if there are teens)

And Broly is recognized because movies 8 and 10 happened. I'll just rewrite them a little to make them fit.

By the way, if you draw like a god (or like Toriyama or Gogeta Jr ^^) you may contact me, for the creation of chapters that will cover some universes' backgrounds.
Stupid things on DBZ - Dragon Ball Multiverse Webcomic
-what happened in dbz today?
-they fought some guy

Wojak
Regular

Post by Wojak » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:01 pm

Okay, I get your point now. You are right, it would be too much to explain and too much work.
No more time for Daizex. Goodbye folks!

SSj Gogito
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSj Gogito » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:15 pm

With Brolys universe, Did he beat them on the Fake planet Vegeta and the asteroid hit it so he got frozen in space. Is that how it works?
Where's The Beef

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Yay! :D New page!

Ok, so it shows a bunch of the universes where the villains won. The Cold family universe, that we already knew, the Majin universe that seems to have Dabura as well, so there is a slight possibility that Majin Vegeta is hiding there some where (doubt it), a Bojack universe (yay :3) and a #17 & #18 universe. That's two new universes in the bunch.

Edit:
Well, the author stated his dislike for Tullece, but a universe with only Tullece would be possible, if he won against Goku and kept eating those fruits...

But I still would really like to see a Neko Majin universe in that bunch xD

Still 5 universes to go guys, and one of them will be Future Trunks's for sure.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:19 pm

You should totally make a universe where Bardock defeated Freeza on his spirited rampage by becoming a super saiyan! 8)
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:01 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:You should totally make a universe where Bardock defeated Freeza on his spirited rampage by becoming a super saiyan! 8)
I am utterly forced to second and third this.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf