Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Doctor. » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:35 pm

If God exists, may he let that Kienzan slice Bra's arm off.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:36 pm

Goku is stil idiot i see :roll: And Bra..you should probably dodge this
Last edited by coola on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Doctor. wrote:If God exists, may he let that Kienzan slice Bra's arm off.
Silly Doctor. The Kienzan hardly ever hits its target.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:39 pm

*Bra destroys Kienzan* ""Ha! Nice try jackass, next time try your A game " :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Ha, if God existed, Bra would have started this fight in Kaioken, and we would have been seeing the greatest fight in this webcomic since...I don't know, Trunks v Vegeta? That one was really good.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:30 pm

I don't mind Bra being powerful and all but deflecting a kienzan...?
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:33 pm

Rubens wrote:I don't mind Bra being powerful and all but deflecting a kienzan...?
Chances are she's going to punch the middle of it, avoiding the sharp edges altogether.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:38 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Rubens wrote:I don't mind Bra being powerful and all but deflecting a kienzan...?
Chances are she's going to punch the middle of it, avoiding the sharp edges altogether.
Possibly, although it was never done as far as I know... I think.

Hum... or maybe, speculating a bit, could she be teleporting behind Cold and chop him towards said kienzan?
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm all for Bra losing her arm, she'll be the new Future Gohan. :D
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:15 pm

I swear if Bra deflects that Kienzan, tables will be flipped.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:32 pm

I really don't like kienzan deflections. Being one of the few techniques that has at least some creativity and tactical value behind it, it shouldn't be nerfed. That said, I don't think that's going to happen because the Cold that we saw all banged up in Bardock's vision was...erm...intact.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:35 pm

It wouldn't be nerfed to establish an upper limit for it. But given that Bra is weaker than Cold, I doubt she can deflect it with pure strength. More likely, only the edge is sharp and you can deflect it in the middle.

Or she'll blast it away/kiai.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:55 am

I have to agree with Tony The Tiger in regards to Bra's alleged Mary Sue-ness. it seems the accusations of her being a Sue has more to do with the Dragon Ball fanbase's obsession with power levels more than anything. It's become such a lazy blanket term for any fan created character that's remotely competent at anything. If Bra's a Mary Sue, then what does that make Trunks? Or Beerus and Whis? Or shit, Gohan? We've already done the ludicrously strong offspring with anger management issues thing in the series proper before.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:10 am

Little late with that one given that I'm basically the only who was arguing with Tony and I already covered that not being the reason.

That's a borderline strawman.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:10 am

First, I find Bra acting smug about eating a Senzu funny since Vegeta claimed that any true Saiyan would die before using one in a match, hence why Cell telling Goku to eat a senzu boarder on an insult.

Second, a character can be a Mary Sue without being perfect, or even powerful for that matter. A Mary Sue is, to be blunt, a character who isn't written well. You can have a highly flawed character who isn't likable in the least, and they can still be a Mary Sue. Case in one, Wolverine, Batman, or Iron Man depending who writing them. So let's stop with the, 'Bra isn't perfect, therefore she isn't a Mary Sue'.

Third, Bra is, there is no nice way to put it, an asshole. She isn't likable, She isn't sympathetic. She's definitely not well-written. Vegeta being an ass early on worked because eventually, he got what was coming to him. He was a murderous bastard in the Freeza Saga, and he got tortured to death by Freeza and had to beg Goku to avenge him. He acted like a smug asshole in the Android/Cell Saga, and let Cell become complete. Android 18 and Cell kicked his smug butt, Cell murdered Trunks in front of his eyes and laughed off his attacks before trying to kill him, which got Gohan's arm disable. Vegeta had to acknowledge for the first time in his life that he royally screwed up and apologized to Gohan. In the Buu Saga, he helped revived Buu because he couldn't wait to fight Goku, killed thousands of people, and sold his soul for power. In the end, Buu kicked his butt, his sacrifice meant nothing, he was closed to going to Hell, he was still weaker than Goku even with his power boast, and he was weaker than any form of Buu.

Basically, when Vegeta act like an asshole, karma comes and kicks him in the balls. When Bra acts like an ass, nothing happens to her. Which is why people hate her. If Bra was punished now and then for her arrogance, then people probably wouldn't mind her attitude because we know karma will eventually come. However, when a person is a complete Karma Houdini and is never punished for their actions, then they become hated for it unless they're extremely charming in a love to hate way, which Bra isn't.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:12 am

HeroR wrote:Second, a character can be a Mary Sue without being perfect, or even powerful for that matter. A Mary Sue is, to be blunt, a character who isn't written well.
No. Not even close. A character who isn't written well is a character who isn't written well. There's a specific definition of what a Mary Sue is.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:28 am

Puto wrote:
HeroR wrote:Second, a character can be a Mary Sue without being perfect, or even powerful for that matter. A Mary Sue is, to be blunt, a character who isn't written well.
No. Not even close. A character who isn't written well is a character who isn't written well. There's a specific definition of what a Mary Sue is.
I suggest you look under TV Tropes Mary Sue page. It is a nice read about what a Mary Sue is and how the term evolved: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue

And for those too lazy to click, here is a short list:

See these articles for takes on Mary Sue that focus on certain groupings of Common Mary Sue Traits:
Anti-Sue — I'm genuinely useless, but everybody still loves me!
Black Hole Sue — Everything is about me!
Copy Cat Sue — I'm just like my favorite character, but even kewler!
Fixer Sue — No, that's not how it's supposed to go!
God-Mode Sue — Power overwhelming!
Jerk Sue — I'm a complete and utter bitch and I have constant PMS...love me!
Mary Tzu —I knew you would do that. In fact, I knew you would do that before I even met you, cuz I'm JUST THAT GOOD!
Parody Sue — Why don't they fall for my buxom charms?
Possession Sue — My favourite character is an even better version of me!
Purity Sue — Love me!
Relationship Sue — You're my boyfriend now!
Sympathetic Sue — Feel sorry for me!
Thirty Sue Pileup — We are Legion.
Villain Sue — I have you now, my beautiful slaves! Ahahahahahahaha!

You can pick which one you think Bra falls in to.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:39 am

HeroR wrote:First, I find Bra acting smug about eating a Senzu funny since Vegeta claimed that any true Saiyan would die before using one in a match, hence why Cell telling Goku to eat a senzu boarder on an insult.
No, you're missing an important detail. Before Vegeta gets to berate Trunks, Trunks had already told everyone to give Goku a senzu and then they could all join Goku in the fight, because Cell had also weakened.
That's why Vegeta shoots down Trunks, because any true Saiyan would not want to win like that, ie. relying on others to beat their opponent, instead of doing it with their own strength one-on-one.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:06 am

dbgtFO wrote:
HeroR wrote:First, I find Bra acting smug about eating a Senzu funny since Vegeta claimed that any true Saiyan would die before using one in a match, hence why Cell telling Goku to eat a senzu boarder on an insult.
No, you're missing an important detail. Before Vegeta gets to berate Trunks, Trunks had already told everyone to give Goku a senzu and then they could all join Goku in the fight, because Cell had also weakened.
That's why Vegeta shoots down Trunks, because any true Saiyan would not want to win like that, ie. relying on others to beat their opponent, instead of doing it with their own strength one-on-one.
He also made it a point to say that Goku would never accept a Senzu because it goes against the Saiyan code and Cell even mocks Goku about his pride refusing to allow him to eat a senzu. Trunks suggesting everyone mug Cell was the icy on the cake.
Kanassa wrote:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:58 am

HeroR wrote:
Puto wrote:
I suggest you look under TV Tropes Mary Sue page. It is a nice read about what a Mary Sue is and how the term evolved: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue

And for those too lazy to click, here is a short list:

See these articles for takes on Mary Sue that focus on certain groupings of Common Mary Sue Traits:
Anti-Sue — I'm genuinely useless, but everybody still loves me!
Black Hole Sue — Everything is about me!
Copy Cat Sue — I'm just like my favorite character, but even kewler!
Fixer Sue — No, that's not how it's supposed to go!
God-Mode Sue — Power overwhelming!
Jerk Sue — I'm a complete and utter bitch and I have constant PMS...love me!
Mary Tzu —I knew you would do that. In fact, I knew you would do that before I even met you, cuz I'm JUST THAT GOOD!
Parody Sue — Why don't they fall for my buxom charms?
Possession Sue — My favourite character is an even better version of me!
Purity Sue — Love me!
Relationship Sue — You're my boyfriend now!
Sympathetic Sue — Feel sorry for me!
Thirty Sue Pileup — We are Legion.
Villain Sue — I have you now, my beautiful slaves! Ahahahahahahaha!

You can pick which one you think Bra falls in to.
According to that, basically everything is a sue. There's no clearer sign of how overused the term is. Basically, anything slightly impressive or awesome in terms of ability or power is some kind of category of sue. Whenever a character is shown to be superior to others regarding something, we can figure out a category of sue for the character, even if it's a new type that we get to name. That's just ridiculous.