Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:57 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:24 pm
theherodjl wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:48 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:02 amIf my theory is correct and the only place this seems to fit is Broly from after the Vegito fight. That or they freeze him again somehow.
I do believe this is supposed to be U20's past since its implied that Broly at the tournament came from a cold, dead universe while the events of the special clearly shows a universe that is still alive. Here, Gohan lands a hit on Broly that appears to give him a minor amount of pain or merely discomfort which is not something that Ultimate Gohan could inflict on a post-tournament Broly. We also got SSJ2 Vegeta being able to get a literally jump on Broly's incoming strike and Broly seemingly needing some muscle to hold back the father-son kamehameha with one arm. These examples point to a pre-tournament Broly rather than post-tournament because Broly after the tournament is now above U16's SSJ2 Vegetto which is far too great for these guys to comprehend, let alone fight.
That's what I took from this too. In fact, I thought this was another one of those specials about the past of a specific universe that went like a "What If" (which personally is what first drew me into the comic about a decade ago). Hence my theory that the senshi push Broly into the sun but he's too strong for its heat & blows it up (I recall SS4 Goku's statement of "I can survive the heat of the sun" and the GT guidebook mentioning that SS Vegetto was as strong as a Super Saiyan 4, with this Broly being somewhat analogous to that level of power and while Salagir might not like GT, he might at least take some of these power statements as a guide). And then the darkness kills them, leaving Broly to rampage about the universe until there's nothing left to destroy.
My orginal thoughts were since he missed the sun in U20 the coldness of space Froze him but looking at it again, perhaps he wins here or is frozen here and then appears at the Tournament.

Edit.

So yes Broly surives second coming here by missing the Sun. He returns here and wins them starts a Universal rampage. He will eventually become frozen then and brought to the tournament.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:28 am

I'm not reading this stupid chapter till it's done. I'm not reading everyone die over like 5 months.

How many weeks/pages till it's finished.

How many more "everyone dies" universe specials are there after this? Just Babidis?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:44 pm

Nothing has been said about a double chapter, looking at the number of pages from other specials, we have maybe 4 - 6 to go

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:04 pm

I remember the last double-chapter I read was the one that turned me off of the manga for a while. If I recall, it was the one where Freeza killed the senshi on Namek, but didn't blow up the planet.
Two chapters dedicated to the fall of Gohan, Krillin, and Bulma, and it felt like such a waste of time because Freeza realizes the dragon balls are useless and immediately fries the planet. That by itself was fine, but it just came out of nowhere in the last two pages after at least two or three months of build-up.

Whether or not it's a double-chapter, it'll probably end the same way: Broly killing everyone suddenly. Piccolo might be in the middle of being absorbed by Boo when the shockwave comes and kills them both.

I'm not expecting high art or some memorable twist or anything. We already know Broly's going to win. I'm just keeping that "30 pages of build-up, 1 page of climax, 1 page of conclusion" possibility in the back of my mind.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:05 am

Somebody in this thread called it!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:20 am

When will DBM be finished? Maybe on it's 15th anniversary? Two and a half more years of crawling towards the showdown with XXI and Oob possibly being the one to stop him?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:09 pm

Damn this looks good. I'll have to give this a read sometime.
We the ones

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:02 am

theherodjl wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:20 am When will DBM be finished? Maybe on it's 15th anniversary? Two and a half more years of crawling towards the showdown with XXI and Oob possibly being the one to stop him?
The 20th anniversary might be more likely. There are seven tournament fights left which could be around two chapters each then the story of the remaining visions.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:20 am

It looks like Broly might get inside the kamehameha to make his way through it like Cooler vs KK Goku.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Skar wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:02 amThe 20th anniversary might be more likely. There are seven tournament fights left which could be around two chapters each then the story of the remaining visions.
I'm willing to bet Salagir is a huge Axl Rose fan since he also likes taking more than a decade to put out a simple project. :|

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:37 pm

"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:48 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:52 pm
Skar wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:02 amThe 20th anniversary might be more likely. There are seven tournament fights left which could be around two chapters each then the story of the remaining visions.
I'm willing to bet Salagir is a huge Axl Rose fan since he also likes taking more than a decade to put out a simple project. :|
But it's not that simple. They are doing this in their free time. If they could work on it day to day like official mangakas, DBM would be much further with the story. I'm not defending the "story" per se because since Majin Bra to this day it sucks dragon balls, but as a project I can understand the slugish time of release. And it's still amazing that after all these years, ups and downs, people still wants to read it. Some are considering it as "the true continuation"...
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:12 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:52 pmI'm willing to bet Salagir is a huge Axl Rose fan since he also likes taking more than a decade to put out a simple project. :|
If it was possible they would release faster. So far all of DBM is shorter than the Saiyan + Freeza sagas but those took about 2-3 years to release compared to a fan comic. There are some fan comics from the early 2000's and still ongoing. There's even some professional mangas that started much earlier and haven't finished like Berserk and JJBA mangas that began in the late 80's. I've only seen the old Berserk anime and still waiting for the manga to end one day to bingeread it.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:40 pm

Where the fuck is Gotenks? Why wasn't he a part of the assault?

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:57 pm

Hmm...

Is Salagir really going to try the other option?

I thought about this but figured that we'd get Broly pushed into the sun instead. But judging by that last panel, Broly's already powered up. Considering the damage he caused with a smash-landing, it's entirely possible that Broly's going to pull off a super-explosive wave that engulfs the solar system.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:54 am

Y'all think maybe Broly will start to lose until maybe someone calls him passive and he realises he can be truly stronk?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:46 am

Trouser wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:48 pm
theherodjl wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:52 pm
But it's not that simple. They are doing this in their free time. If they could work on it day to day like official mangakas, DBM would be much further with the story. I'm not defending the "story" per se because since Majin Bra to this day it sucks dragon balls, but as a project I can understand the slugish time of release. And it's still amazing that after all these years, ups and downs, people still wants to read it. Some are considering it as "the true continuation"...
Like with Axl Rose, I think Salagir has just not been content with the quality of the product that he has been trying to put out and that's why its taking so long. IIRC, Salagir has stated that the Majin Bra arc(as well as a few other things) were not something that he had planned when he started the story back in 2008, they just kinda happened during the creative process. That alone tells me that Salagir is just adding on and revising the story as it goes along and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, for the sake of telling a story that takes place over a few days...it is exceptionally tedious. I believe that's also why there's so many special chapters, Salagir can't completely make up his mind so he need a lot of filler in between so that he can finish up his own vision of DB.
I will give him slack when it comes to doing this all in his free time and having to lead a team in sketching it all up but when it comes to being a punctual author, I can't help but feel Salagir is dragging his feet.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:35 am

Free time or not, they are now getting some level of income and copyright status from DBM: https://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/e ... ation.html

I accept the specials for what they are, I just wish that more than a third of them were written good. a lot of them are clear ill planned because Saligir came up with the concept of a fighter in the tournament, before their background.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:04 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:46 amLike with Axl Rose, I think Salagir has just not been content with the quality of the product that he has been trying to put out and that's why its taking so long. IIRC, Salagir has stated that the Majin Bra arc(as well as a few other things) were not something that he had planned when he started the story back in 2008, they just kinda happened during the creative process. That alone tells me that Salagir is just adding on and revising the story as it goes along and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, for the sake of telling a story that takes place over a few days...it is exceptionally tedious. I believe that's also why there's so many special chapters, Salagir can't completely make up his mind so he need a lot of filler in between so that he can finish up his own vision of DB.
I don't think that's the case. Salagir said most of the story is already planned which is why Bardock's visions foreshadow events that happened a few hundred pages later. There were some subplots added later like the Majin Rebellion but he said that it won't affect or change his original outline. Ouv, a member of the DBM team, said that Salagir offered Asura two versions of the story to draw with one being longer than the other. Since Asura would be drawing for free for a several years, it makes sense to give him a general idea of how long the project would take. He didn't mention what differs between the two versions but Ouv said that Asura was willing to draw the longer version which is what we're seeing now.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:06 pm

theherodjl wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:20 am When will DBM be finished? Maybe on it's 15th anniversary? Two and a half more years of crawling towards the showdown with XXI and Oob possibly being the one to stop him?
At this rate, maybe in 2028. This comic started when I was a senior in High School and it's still on going. If the series had better pacing, the story would have been finished by 2014 at the earliest. DBM does feel like something from a time caspule now when we didn't have anything new in the series and fans had to make their own fan fiction for more DB content.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/