Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by goku1234 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:31 pm

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:42 am

How much stronger is Vegeta suppose to be than Goku because DBM took the SS3 stamina problem to the extreme.

Yeah it had problems but Goku was also fighting Kid Buu when the form drained him.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:37 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:42 am How much stronger is Vegeta suppose to be than Goku because DBM took the SS3 stamina problem to the extreme.

Yeah it had problems but Goku was also fighting Kid Buu when the form drained him.
Its when head canon interferes with actual canon. Part of the reason why I stopped following it on the main site and only check up on it here. The SSJ3 thing being one of said issues.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:52 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:42 amHow much stronger is Vegeta suppose to be than Goku because DBM took the SS3 stamina problem to the extreme.
It seems that Vegeta is stronger if they're fighting in the same form. I do agree that at this point in Goku's life (10 years following the fight with Buu) he should've mastered Ssj3. In BOG he seemed to not have any issues with it despite that being set only 4 years after his fight with Buu.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:28 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:52 amIt seems that Vegeta is stronger if they're fighting in the same form. I do agree that at this point in Goku's life (10 years following the fight with Buu) he should've mastered Ssj3. In BOG he seemed to not have any issues with it despite that being set only 4 years after his fight with Buu.
Well, in Goku's fight with Fat Buu, he used up all the stamina that was supposed to last him until the end of the day in one fight. He also later said he didn't want to use it against Majin Vegeta because he knew the stamina drain was so bad. The surprise in the battle against Kid Buu wasn't that the form was draining, but that he couldn't even rest in that form. He stood by the sidelines, waiting to recover, but he only got weaker as time went on.

It makes sense that Goku wouldn't have mastered Super Saiyan 3 yet. With no one to challenge him, he can't really fight seriously with it, and therefore can't push himself beyond his limits. That's the conundrum in this fan comic.

Also, I don't think we can say Goku had mastered SS3 to the point that it no longer has a huge stamina drain in Battle of Gods. Beerus knocked him out very quickly. Goku also rarely uses the form. He uses base form, SS1, or SS2 when he needs to conserve energy, and he skips SS3 straight to God, and then Blue. Super Saiyan 3 is just completely obsolete in Super. There's no reason to even try to learn to master it now.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:54 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:28 am
Matches Malone wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:52 amIt seems that Vegeta is stronger if they're fighting in the same form. I do agree that at this point in Goku's life (10 years following the fight with Buu) he should've mastered Ssj3. In BOG he seemed to not have any issues with it despite that being set only 4 years after his fight with Buu.
Well, in Goku's fight with Fat Buu, he used up all the stamina that was supposed to last him until the end of the day in one fight. He also later said he didn't want to use it against Majin Vegeta because he knew the stamina drain was so bad. The surprise in the battle against Kid Buu wasn't that the form was draining, but that he couldn't even rest in that form. He stood by the sidelines, waiting to recover, but he only got weaker as time went on.

It makes sense that Goku wouldn't have mastered Super Saiyan 3 yet. With no one to challenge him, he can't really fight seriously with it, and therefore can't push himself beyond his limits. That's the conundrum in this fan comic.

Also, I don't think we can say Goku had mastered SS3 to the point that it no longer has a huge stamina drain in Battle of Gods. Beerus knocked him out very quickly. Goku also rarely uses the form. He uses base form, SS1, or SS2 when he needs to conserve energy, and he skips SS3 straight to God, and then Blue. Super Saiyan 3 is just completely obsolete in Super. There's no reason to even try to learn to master it now.
Yeah I don't think SS3 can be mastered but I don't think it gets worse the stronger you are, maybe slightly easier if anything.
DBM is dumb in that way.

Worth nothing to me but anime ToP Goku states it uses too much stamina.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Is Gohan a SS in the last panel?? So Gohan lost his ultimate form but is still the strongest of the bunch?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:39 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:01 pm Is Gohan a SS in the last panel?? So Gohan lost his ultimate form but is still the strongest of the bunch?
No, it's just the lighting. The whole point of this is for Vegeta to show Goku there's a power beyond transforming that far exceeds what they're capable of.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:22 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:28 am

Goku couldn't relax as a SS untill he went in the roast. SS3 seems to last fine for about 5 minutes then it drains, SS3 should be more than enough for knockouts.

Also Goten and Trunks mastered SS from play fighting, SS3 should have some improvement regardleas the more it is used.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:01 pm

OwO? Magikarp Gohan is evolving?

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:30 pm

I fucking love this special. Pan's insights on how different all of them are while fighting are a joy to read.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:56 pm

FlpShimizu wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:30 pm I fucking love this special. Pan's insights on how different all of them are while fighting are a joy to read.
If only the art was actually Dragon Ball art not...whatever this is.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:18 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:56 pm
FlpShimizu wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:30 pm I fucking love this special. Pan's insights on how different all of them are while fighting are a joy to read.
Yeah, it's a big departure from what we're used to. I do like it though, the artist is really talented.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:29 pm

I actually enjoy the change in art style. Some are better than others and some deviate too much from the "norm", those I don't like so much, but overall I find it refreshing.

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:22 pm

FlpShimizu wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:18 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:56 pm
Yeah, it's a big departure from what we're used to. I do like it though, the artist is really talented.
It honestly looks like something that you would see on the sketch floor, not final edition to release soon art.

Also I hate the colors.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:15 am

They look like street fighter charcter to me. Vegeta looks just like Akuma.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:43 pm

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:45 pm

Goku doesn't give a crap since he knew Gohan would catch it. That's very much a thing he'd do.

I wonder if Gohan will keep his shit together, he does have anger issues.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:26 pm

I wouldn't have been against Gohan taking a few years off of Vegeta's life.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:24 pm

Pan was probably in more danger of getting hit by a stray blast while Gohan was daydreaming than she was from a blast Vegeta warned him was incoming.