Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by goku1234 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:28 pm

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:23 pm

Meanwhile, here's Gotenks having no issue threatening and fighting an even younger version of Bra.

If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:24 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:23 pm Meanwhile, here's Gotenks having no issue threatening and fighting an even younger version of Bra.
Gotenks is his own character. According to Multiverse logic, fusions are their own person.

That said... How did Gohan's left arm get broken? In the 4th panel?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:32 am

All I have to say on this is, Goten doesn't have to lay a finger on a woman to defeat her. It's on the writers to actually want to use a character to not only hold back but also cleverly win with this self imposed handicap, instead of doing a used plot device and a cliche because nothing matters in this fight, since Bra is there, and its not someone who's as strong as her beating Goten to a paste.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:29 am

It does kind of remind me of Nam vs Ranfan, and that fight was funny. It's Toriyama-esque, if nothing else.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:51 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:23 pm Meanwhile, here's Gotenks having no issue threatening and fighting an even younger version of Bra.

Bra is not woman, she's his super powerful sister that likely gets on his nerves. That's a big gag across media that a male that won't hit an enemy female fighter will later fight his sister or cousin.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:29 pm

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:04 pm

I really don't understand their obsession with Bra. She may have had potential in the beginning, but surely they've seen how much people dislike her? They should have either get rid of her or, if she's important to the main story, downplayed her in every other part. But no, no only do they have her front and center all the time, they keep doing special chapters so we can see even more of her.
I'm pretty sure Asura types her parts with one hand

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:41 pm

EGonzo wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:04 pm I really don't understand their obsession with Bra. She may have had potential in the beginning, but surely they've seen how much people dislike her? They should have either get rid of her or, if she's important to the main story, downplayed her in every other part. But no, no only do they have her front and center all the time, they keep doing special chapters so we can see even more of her.
She was a footnote in the manga until Salagir had a wet dream and made her front and center. She was never made to be the OC, but he changed his mind midway through and now we endure the shitshow the character is.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:47 am

EGonzo wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:04 pm I really don't understand their obsession with Bra. She may have had potential in the beginning, but surely they've seen how much people dislike her? They should have either get rid of her or, if she's important to the main story, downplayed her in every other part. But no, no only do they have her front and center all the time, they keep doing special chapters so we can see even more of her.
If anything, his knowledge of how hated she is just makes him want to use her more. From what I've heard, Saligur is very stubborn. You tell him not to do something, he'll do it harder.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:04 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:47 am
If anything, his knowledge of how hated she is just makes him want to use her more. From what I've heard, Saligur is very stubborn. You tell him not to do something, he'll do it harder.
So does that mean we'll have to praise her to make him stop? I'm pretty sure he'll actually use her even more. It's really lose-lose

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:35 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:47 am
This can be a good thing but it sounds counterproductive in this situation LMAO, he's only doing something so people won't like him and his work, not just now but in the future too, if someone asks why he did it he will reply what? I wrote some bad trash just to make some people mildly irritated.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:29 pm

Not paying attention to this special, but I'd like the concept of the characters going off to other planets to test their skills. Something that we could have more in GT (ignoring the fact they did it because of the Black Star DBs)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:09 pm

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:27 pm

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:48 am

So she's gonna go SS2 and win, probably causing incidental damage to the occupied planet nearby.

Vegetto teleports in and threatens to kill her if she ever goes dangerously berserk.

He overdoes the threat because he opponent psyched him out about it/her and so she's traumatised enough to act out in the main story as much as she does.

We kinda know this already so it's annoying to wait for the main story to resume. It'd be ok if they didn't constantly end on cliffhangers.

If the story goes in a significantly different direction I'll be surprised.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:25 pm

I'M SON BRA AND I'LL BE THE MOST ANNOYING THING OF ALL TIMES!!
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:08 pm

Trouser wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:25 pm Image

I'm genuinely curious for why people here seem to hate DBM Bra so much? The little I know of her, she seems no more annoying and arrogant than Vegeta is.

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:05 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:08 pm
Trouser wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:25 pm Image

I'm genuinely curious for why people here seem to hate DBM Bra so much? The little I know of her, she seems no more annoying and arrogant than Vegeta is.
Know her more and you will get it.

But I will break it down for you. She's Vegeta if he won against Goku on earth, killed Freeza, Killed Cell after he reaches perfect form and breaks out of Majin control just because he's not "lame", Vegeta without losing, without commeupance for anything he did, and always being praised for just the fact that he exists and is so strong and awesome and he has a big bulge even if he's not hard.

This is Bra

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:26 pm

Oh hey, that's Asura on that page. So I guess the next few pages will transition back to the main story
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler